This kid deserves credit

sport02

I came across this story on twitter earlier and thought to myself well done Eoghan Gaffney.
A 17 year old kid who decided enough is enough and they were going to do something about their health and weight.

If you read the full article you'll see that Eoghan has a great head on his shoulders, a real bright kid.

I spent many years sports coaching and its depressing to see in the last decade how we have become a much unhealthier obese nation, especially kids so young. Anyhow, this story is an upbeat possitive one and we don't get much of that around this neck of the woods.
A 17-year-old school boy said an embarrassing moment in the classroom was the last straw that prompted him to lose an astonishing 7st (44kg) in less than a year.

Eoghan Gaffney Glynn (17) from Tallaght said he was "missing out" on life when he weighed almost 17st (107kg) before making a decision to change his lifestyle in November 2015.

Speaking to Independent.ie, Eoghan said: "I've been big for as long as I can remember. When I was 13 or 14 I really started to notice. I remember one day in school my trousers, which had a 46in waist, they burst in the classroom. It was so embarrassing and I just knew I had enough.
Full article in link below.
https://t.co/m3XtumgGFn

D

Deleted member 17573

That kid will go far - prepared to recognize he had a problem and got off his ar$e and did something about it. Though of course the new age liberals would have us reassure him that being 7 stone overweight is perfectly normal.

good dog

I came across this story on twitter earlier and thought to myself well done Eoghan Gaffney.
A 17 year old kid who decided enough is enough and they were going to do something about their health and weight.

If you read the full article you'll see that Eoghan has a great head on his shoulders, a real bright kid.

I spent many years sports coaching and its depressing to see in the last decade how we have become a much unhealthier obese nation, especially kids so young. Anyhow, this story is an upbeat possitive one and we don't get much of that around this neck of the woods.

good dog

I weight 107 Kgs. 101 kgs would be my ideal weight.

That kid will go far - prepared to recognize he had a problem and got off his ar$e and did something about it. Though of course the new age liberals would have us reassure him that being 7 stone overweight is perfectly normal.
What a stupid post. According to outlets such as the Daily Mail perfectly normal kids are being classified as obese every day.

Well done to this young man. He is to be heartily applauded.

mr_anderson

that kid will go far - prepared to recognize he had a problem and got off his ar$e and did something about it. Though of course the new age liberals would have us reassure him that being 7 stone overweight is perfectly normal.

#stopfatshaming

By the way, he didn't simply lose weight. He lost several years too.

wombat

What a stupid post. According to outlets such as the Daily Mail perfectly normal kids are being classified as obese every day. .
If its in the Mail, it must be true. Who's being stupid?

He actually looks like his own kid.
Fair dues to him too.
I meant that in a good way. He looks so much younger. I hope he takes his splendid attitude forward in other pursuits as well. Inspirational.

If its in the Mail, it must be true. Who's being stupid?
They usually accompany such stories with letters from social institutions as proof.

mr. jings

:roll:

GDPR

Kids have the hardest time losing weight. Often its the mammy and family who created the environment and reinforcement of unhealthy eating. I know some households with that sort of environment where the mammy and granny etc would be trying to worry the kid about being 'too skinny' while constantly driving home negative messages about dieting and exercise. I hope he keeps it off. That amount of weight loss is a massive massive achievement.

GDPR

No thats just if he was female. If he was female then feminist double standard narcissism would violently and aggressively defend her. A fat women is encouraged to You Go Girl ! All women are beautiful at any size etc etc nonsense

A fat male is useless to feminists. He would instead be seen as a neckbeard, a loser etc .

GDPR

Indeed.
It's rare you see a skinny parent with an obese kid.
That occurs when the parent and child have a neurotic relationship e.g feminist narcissist mothers. And scapegoating that child indirectly as 'the fat one' in some way keeps the rest of them feeling superior. And the child will then engage in comfort eating on top of everything else.
However when all other things are equal its probably because the whole family food bill goes on junk food.

mr_anderson

That occurs when the parent and child have a neurotic relationship e.g feminist narcissist mothers. And scapegoating that child indirectly as 'the fat one' in some way keeps the rest of them feeling superior. And the child will then engage in comfort eating on top of everything else.
However when all other things are equal its probably because the whole family food bill goes on junk food.

It's mostly the last thing.
If you see a fat kid in the supermarket, look at what their fat parent has in the trolley.

Whenever I see a fat person, especially a child, all I can think about is the pressure they are placing their heart (and other organs) under.
My neighbours kid is about 10 years old and over 10 stone.
The poor thing is being set up for a lifetime of health problems.

sadmal

Kids have the hardest time losing weight. Often its the mammy and family who created the environment and reinforcement of unhealthy eating. I know some households with that sort of environment where the mammy and granny etc would be trying to worry the kid about being 'too skinny' while constantly driving home negative messages about dieting and exercise. I hope he keeps it off. That amount of weight loss is a massive massive achievement.
In only 8 months too, I'm trying to lose a stone and was told to aim for a pound a week! It will take me forever at this rate.

sport02

In only 8 months too, I'm trying to lose a stone and was told to aim for a pound a week! It will take me forever at this rate.
Are you combing cardio, some light lifting of weights, diet and good sleep?
If so, you should easily exceed one pound a week loss

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies