• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

This lifting newly/re elected onto shoulders!

Tigrrr

i would have loved to have seen harney's one tbh, that would be a health and safety issue!

covert

One newly elected was being forcefully pushed up by a hand on his crotch.

EvotingMachine0197

Can I re-iterate the call for this nonsense to stop for future elections.

I find it very undignified, cringeworthy and just plain silly.

It could also have been a threat to some candidate's private bits.

cry freedom

I would hate to have been under Brian Cowen
I'd love to have been under Brian.
I'll leave you to guess what part of his anatomy my right hand would have been squeezing.

Migrant Dub

Can I re-iterate the call for this nonsense to stop for future elections.

I find it very undignified, cringeworthy and just plain silly.

It could also have been a threat to some candidate's private bits.
watching the tv over the weekend and saw this going on all the time, tho one time I saw several photographers gesteruring for the newly elected TD to be lifted up so they could get the pic!

jtbooker

I was hoping so much we'd see less of it this time round due to the magnitude of this particular electoral process but it looks like bog-standard Paddy is still content to make a show of us time after time. Every time you see it you have that sinking feeling we are all only too well aware of - 'I hope the English aren't watching this'. But alas they are.

Pathetic, backward, undignified, embarrassing Paddy.

A lot like the knuckle-dragging boggers running on to the Croke Park pitch with their plastic bags of pop and hang sangiches despite the safety pleas from the authorities. Pathetic.

corporal punishment

The English method of polite applause is much more dignified......apart the monster raving loony party candidate in the background!

sic transit

I was hoping so much we'd see less of it this time round due to the magnitude of this particular electoral process but it looks like bog-standard Paddy is still content to make a show of us time after time. Every time you see it you have that sinking feeling we are all only too well aware of - 'I hope the English aren't watching this'. But alas they are.

Pathetic, backward, undignified, embarrassing Paddy.
Oh noez another "Paddy" reference. If you were Enda that would be a racist slur.
What amused me was the discomfort on the face of TDs being bounced up and down. Otherwise let them at it. The sweaty bodies under the new TDs were the ones who put the work in.

fgrep

I think O'Cuiv was asleep when they raised him. He was practically horizontal.

Josh Lyman-

I notice how Richard Boyd Barrett wasn't lifted to the air on the announcement of his election. It seemd very refined and propoer. Credit to him and supporters.

jtbooker

Oh noez another "Paddy" reference. If you were Enda that would be a racist slur.
So what?

But when black people refer to themselves as nggers it's cool is it?

Grow up will you...I'll continue to refer to myself and my country men in any way I see fit and politically correct thugs like you can't do a damn thing about it.

jtbooker

I notice how Richard Boyd Barrett wasn't lifted to the air on the announcement of his election. It seemd very refined and propoer. Credit to him and supporters.
+1 Spot on.

A dignified handshake, applause and pictures of a proud family man standing next to his children. I can't stand him or his politics but he certainly impressed me with his restrained, poised behavior and how he held himself.

Josh Lyman-

Of course we then saw the embarrasing antics of Luke Ming singing 'Champione' while he buckets of sweat were falling from his armpits on to the heads of his supporters

sic transit

jtbooker

John Deere 5820

Non Issue really but if the only reason we stop doing it is to be refined and English than throw em up higher.

jtbooker

Non Issue really but if the only reason we stop doing it is to be refined and English than throw em up higher.
And why are the terms 'refined' and 'English' mutually exclusive concepts in your head? Can't we be refined without being 'English'?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies