Those Calling for Boycotts of France and Sponsors...

loaded32

Call to boycott Shaving Co. products until they get rid of the CHEAT as their Icon

Not only did Thiery Henry cheat, he has now also lied about it twice saying it wasnt intentional -when he cleaerly moved his fingers purposely to angle the ball back inwards and he also said he told the ref?????? while he had run off to the fans to celebrate!!???

I call on Irish men not to stand for this sort of disgusting behaviour and example to our children and to boycott the goods of the shaving company that uses Thiery Henry as their icon until they come out and publically denounce his antics and get rid of him as an icon!!

Sync

I love Gillette, but I'm in.

loaded32

I love Gillette, but I'm in.
I know this may come across as petty, but the fact that he has now lied twice about it just disgusts me even more and he should not be on out tv's every day as a clean cut icon when he is a cheat and a liar

eoghanacht

Gilette are too dear for me, i'll write a strongly worded e-mail instead

FrankSpeaks

Sorry guys I am too fond of my Gillette 5 blade M power Fusion thingy, although the price of them is shockingly expensive.

The_SR

Have never been to a game of football in their lives.

The one disadvantage to qualifying for a WC is the surge of commentary from people who clearly have not got the first clue about football or its culture. But we get the double whammy of not getting there and still having to endure the whine of the barstooler.

Discuss.

ManOfReason

Right click on the name Thierry with spell check turned on in edit mode and reveal the truth behind the name!!!

The_SR

Any chance you could have some pride and take our beating and move on?

Sync

I've been to every qualifying match I've been in the country to attend, and a couple of the away ties. I've no problem with the French, I've no problem with the team or Dominech. But the fact is that Thierry Henry is a cheating liar and I don't want my money going on products which pay him. I refused to get a dreamcast for years simply because they were sponsoring Arsenal and I won't drink Carlsberg. Getting a different razor is small beans.

The_SR

I've been to every qualifying match I've been in the country to attend, and a couple of the away ties. I've no problem with the French, I've no problem with the team or Dominech. But the fact is that Thierry Henry is a cheating liar and I don't want my money going on products which pay him. I refused to get a dreamcast for years simply because they were sponsoring Arsenal and I won't drink Carlsberg. Getting a different razor is small beans.
So you have been boycotting Henry for years? Why?

I'm as disspointed and angry as anyone, but this comes down to the basic sporting principle of taking your beating with some pride. And the Ole Ole brigade seem to be incapable of that, largely I would argue because they haven't a clue about the game.

skev

Website
www.facebook.com
As much as I hate to admit it you can't blame Henry. Its the referees fault. They allowed the frogs to jump around like fools for 2 matches looking for frees. There is no integrity or honesty in football. Hasn't been for years.

We'll get the French back in the rugby!

Sync

I just tend not to buy things associated with opposition teams. I don't wear Umbro stuff either, but that's just because it's rubbish.

I think there's a great deal of pride in the way that the Irish played over the 2 legs, and respect for how 13 of the French players conducted themselves. There's no disconnect between accepting that we lost and accepting that Henry is a cheating liar.

Ah Well

As much as I hate to admit it you can't blame Henry.
:confused:

1. Henri handled the Ball
2. Henri intentionally guided the ball with his hand
3. It was Henri who caused the event.
4. Therefore Henri IS to blame

X-ray

thierry = thievery

hehehee

The_SR

I just tend not to buy things associated with opposition teams. I don't wear Umbro stuff either, but that's just because it's rubbish.
And let me guess, your 'team' is Man United or Chelsea?

I think there's a great deal of pride in the way that the Irish played over the 2 legs, and respect for how 13 of the French players conducted themselves. There's no disconnect between accepting that we lost and accepting that Henry is a cheating liar.
Agreed, but grow up calling for boycotts. Its demeaning.

Sync

And let me guess, your 'team' is Man United or Chelsea?

Agreed, but grow up calling for boycotts. Its demeaning.
Unfortunatly further down the leagues than Utd or Chelsea! But Reading will be back people! I'm not calling for a boycott, I'm simply going to follow it.

The_SR

Unfortunatly further down the leagues than Utd or Chelsea! But Reading will be back people! I'm not calling for a boycott, I'm simply going to follow it.
My point though, is that you are an Irish guy following an English side, that I presume you started cheering for when Doyle moved over there, and you expect your opinion on footbal culture to be seriously listened to?

No sale.

Kerrygold

I'm as disspointed and angry as anyone, but this comes down to the basic sporting principle of taking your beating with some pride. And the Ole Ole brigade seem to be incapable of that, largely I would argue because they haven't a clue about the game.
I don't think its a case of not being able to take our beating. I think its more a case of being angry at losing to a blatant and deliberate foul. The most annoying thing is Robbie Keane was pulled 3 or 4 times for the same thing.

toasteroven

But the beating is based on fraud. Linesmen missed an offside and 2 handballs by Henry. FIFA.com don't even mention these stories on their website. It's a disgrace.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies