"those who own the land never objected in any way"

McSlaggart

With red tape, in the very last minutes leading up the anniversary, the consent hasn't come from the people who actually own the ground that the memorial will go on," he said.
He added that planning permission was granted in July and that there had been "six months of dialogue and investigations into getting planning permission and those who own the land never objected in any way"

Enniskillen memorial uncertainty 'hurtful' says victim's son - BBC News

What has the world come to that people are planning to put up important memorials without asking permission of the people who own the land first?

Se0samh

With red tape, in the very last minutes leading up the anniversary, the consent hasn't come from the people who actually own the ground that the memorial will go on," he said.
He added that planning permission was granted in July and that there had been "six months of dialogue and investigations into getting planning permission and those who own the land never objected in any way"

Enniskillen memorial uncertainty 'hurtful' says victim's son - BBC News

What has the world come to that people are planning to put up important memorials without asking permission of the people who own the land first?

How can you get planning permission without either being the owner or having the permission of the owner....:confused:

hollandia

It is quite common. The planners do not care if you own the land or not.
Can't do that in the south. You must have an interest in the land - either a deed, sale agreement of in the case of public bodies - a CPO process in train. I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the case in the north too. Unless its outline planning permission.

Craigmore..

Common decency, where do you start with threads like this. You have dozens, maybe hundreds of illegal memorials and murals place in housing executive land, but you secide to strike at a wounded community. Acts and outrages such as Enniskillen will neither be forgiven nor forgotten.

But, given that the Roman Catholic church is a foreign institution, why should they refuse a monument to victims of a massacre that happened close to their land. If this is their version of compassion, reciprocate

McSlaggart

Common decency, where do you start with threads like this. You have dozens, maybe hundreds of illegal memorials and murals place in housing executive land, but you secide to strike at a wounded community. Acts and outrages such as Enniskillen will neither be forgiven nor forgotten.

For you only one community attends the rememberance day events?

Ó Ghabhainn

But, given that the Roman Catholic church is a foreign institution, why should they refuse a monument to victims of a massacre that happened close to their land. If this is their version of compassion, reciprocate
There's two questions.

One is why is it to be situated on land belonging to someone else?

Two is why would they object?

Se0samh

If you were to have any of that, you'd know that common decency would require that anyone wishing to make use of anyone's land should seek permission first...but someone who gloats over the blinding of a woman and the death of a child simply has no decency at all...:roll:

Se0samh

There's two questions.

1) Because of who it belongs to?

2) I might let someone borrow my car if asked, but would report it stolen if taken without my permission...

between the bridges

There's two questions.

The proposed site is as close as can be achieved to the actual spot where the victims were murdered, it is at the side of the ' Clinton' building and is used as a footpath, DRD maintain it but the ground is owned by a trust.
Tbf AFAIK they made no objection but has been tied up in committee red tape and a couple of AH's, I expect it to be resolved...

McSlaggart

The proposed site is as close as can be achieved to the actual spot where the victims were murdered, it is at the side of the ' Clinton' building and is used as a footpath, DRD maintain it but the ground is owned by a trust.
Tbf AFAIK they made no objection but has been tied up in committee red tape and a couple of AH's, I expect it to be resolved...
What do you mean by "AH"?

between the bridges

How can you get planning permission without either being the owner or having the permission of the owner....:confused:
Can't do that in the south. You must have an interest in the land - either a deed, sale agreement of in the case of public bodies - a CPO process in train. I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the case in the north too. Unless its outline planning permission.
Planning loophole, in theory moi could get planning on yer front garden but could never build without you're approval, usually used in sold 'subject to planning approval'...

Ó Ghabhainn

Careful...

Yeah, so do I given what it is, but they still should be asked (because it's theirs) rather than be expected to put up an objection.

between the bridges

Careful...

Yeah, so do I given what it is, but they still should be asked (because it's theirs) rather than be expected to put up an objection.
I presume that as it appears to be public ground ( it is used and maintained as a public footpath) DRD were assumed to be the owner's, once it came to light it was the trustees ground they were asked (about 4 months ago)...

hollandia

Planning loophole, in theory moi could get planning on yer front garden but could never build without you're approval, usually used in sold 'subject to planning approval'...
Would that not be "outline" planning permission? I'm no expert - in fact I try to avoid planning issues like the plague, as planners everywhere are extremely fickle.

And while you're out there - can you do something with the hedges? One end doesn't seem to want to grow :confused:

hollandia

I presume that as it appears to be public ground ( it is used and maintained as a public footpath) DRD were assumed to be the owner's, once it came to light it was the trustees ground they were asked (about 4 months ago)...
That's not as uncommon as you would think. True ownership can be very murky in some cases.

between the bridges

Would that not be "outline" planning permission? I'm no expert - in fact I try to avoid planning issues like the plague, as planners everywhere are extremely fickle.

And while you're out there - can you do something with the hedges? One end doesn't seem to want to grow :confused:
No, and No, next...

McSlaggart

In the case of sold 'subject to planning approval' the person who actually owns the land knows of the other persons intentions.

Not telling someone and getting the permission first is normally seen as a bullying/coercion action.

between the bridges

That's not as uncommon as you would think. True ownership can be very murky in some cases.
Aye, in theory most property freehold inculd 'ownership' to the centre of roads, i.e the road and surface are public owned/ maintenance but the ground under is the freeholders...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies