Thought for the Day Protestants attending mass bring shame on the gospel

automaticforthepeople

Nigel Dodds ex advisor edits a magazine said to inform Free Presbyterian thinking on matters theological around the Clogher Valley. He defends publishing an article by a minister from the Clogher Valley in the current edition. The Minister is of the view that there can be no greater assault on the gospel than a requiem mass. One wonders how many requiem masses the minister has attended before he formed that opinion.

I haven't the foggiest as to why Reverend McIntyre picks on the dead, he sounds like he'd be at home in Westboro Baptist Church, however before he heads off stateside he should check out Benediction.

Mr Thompson of course has no ill will against RC's etc etc.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/editor-of-evangelical-magazine-defends-article-calling-catholic-mass-an-assault-on-the-gospel-36854572.html

Niall996

Nigel Dodds ex advisor edits a magazine said to inform Free Presbyterian thinking on matters theological around the Clogher Valley. He defends publishing an article by a minister from the Clogher Valley in the current edition. The Minister is of the view that there can be no greater assault on the gospel than a requiem mass. One wonders how many requiem masses the minister has attended before he formed that opinion.

I haven't the foggiest as to why Reverend McIntyre picks on the dead, he sounds like he'd be at home in Westboro Baptist Church, however before he heads off stateside he should check out Benediction.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/editor-of-evangelical-magazine-defends-article-calling-catholic-mass-an-assault-on-the-gospel-36854572.html
Nothing new here. The NI Prod Hate Cults exist to for that very reason, to despise, hate, offend, disparage, disrespect etc and are the embodiment of institutionalised brainwashed bigotry and proud unabashed gleeful sectarianism. It is why they exist in the first place. It is their memorandum of association.

former wesleyan

Nothing new here. The NI Prod Hate Cults exist to for that very reason, to despise, hate, offend, disparage, disrespect etc and are the embodiment of institutionalised brainwashed bigotry and proud unabashed gleeful sectarianism. It is why they exist in the first place. It is their memorandum of association.

Gleeful ? We'll soon put a stop to that ! There'll be no glee around here. So there won't.

publicrealm

Who reads these pamphlets ffs - Free Presbyterian thinking on matters theological around the Clogher Valley.

It's witterings may be offensive (I couldn't care less) but is it not a case of seeking offense in this instance? Is there any even more obscure publication somewhere that we can find offensive?

LawAndOrdure

Why would you expect Dodds' ex advisor and Free Presbyterian thinking to concur with Catholic theology and practice?

GDPR

I believe in having respectful attitudes to most Abrahamic beliefs however I don't have much of a problem with this, after all I want the freedom to rebuke things such as Quakerism, Freemasonry and Hinduism. The thing is though that in Ulster for a lot of Protestants the measure of being a pious "good Protestant" is how much you hate Catholicism (and lets be honest Catholics themselves) while in Wales the measure of being a "good Protestant" is how Spiritual you are as well as often enough speaking Welsh and not having a TV in your home. On paper the beliefs of Welsh and Ulster Protestants are pretty similar but the way those beliefs manifest themselves is so different.

michael-mcivor

The DUP get into some bother with their adviser’s - Woodon pellets or God followers they haven’t got a prayer-

death or glory

I believe in having respectful attitudes to most Abrahamic beliefs however I don't have much of a problem with this, after all I want the freedom to rebuke things such as Quakerism, Freemasonry and Hinduism. The thing is though that in Ulster for a lot of Protestants the measure of being a pious "good Protestant" is how much you hate Catholicism (and lets be honest Catholics themselves) while in Wales the measure of being a "good Protestant" is how Spiritual you are as well as often enough speaking Welsh and not having a TV in your home. On paper the beliefs of Welsh and Ulster Protestants are pretty similar but the way those beliefs manifest themselves is so different.
Did you forget the "Orange order", how could you. May you be cursed in hell for all eternity for such a mistake.

Niall996

Who reads these pamphlets ffs - Free Presbyterian thinking on matters theological around the Clogher Valley.

It's witterings may be offensive (I couldn't care less) but is it not a case of seeking offense in this instance? Is there any even more obscure publication somewhere that we can find offensive?
Half of Stormont are reading these pamphlets and writing them.

Last edited:

GDPR

Did you forget the "Orange order", how could you. May you be cursed in hell for all eternity for such a mistake.
The Orange Order and Royal Black Institution come under Freemasonry.

DOG do you have any ideas as to why Ulster Prods are so incredibly culturally and Spiritually inferior to Welsh Prods?

death or glory

The Orange Order and Royal Black Institution come under Freemasonry.

DOG do you have any ideas as to why Ulster Prods are so incredibly culturally and Spiritually inferior to Welsh Prods?
As you well know REF , Ulster prods are one of God's chosen people and our superiority manifests itself right across the world.

irish_bob

in general , id far rather do business with an ulster protestant than a catholic from the north , doesnt mean i think ulster protestants are not difficult people , a lot of them are irrationally paranoid about some seventeenth century like vatican plot but when it comes to doing business , a more honest bunch you could not meet

long story short id feel more confident buying a used car from a prod !

death or glory

in general , id far rather do business with an ulster protestant than a catholic from the north , doesnt mean i think ulster protestants are not difficult people , a lot of them are irrationally paranoid about some seventeenth century like vatican plot but when it comes to doing business , a more honest bunch you could not meet

long story short id feel more confident buying a used car from a prod !
I have an 1983 cortina for sale with 40,000 genuine miles and one lady owner. You wouldn't be interested???

death or glory

Who in your mind are God's other chosen people?
I'm not 100% sure but I know those who fragrantly ignore some of his 10 precious commandments definitely aren't.

death or glory

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies