• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Thousands of homes in NI affected by severe weather

InsideImDancing

Over 2500 homes have been affected by severe wintry weather during the past few days, with flights disrupted at both Belfast airports and several sporting fixtures postponed. The worst affected areas seem to be in Fermanagh and Tyrone, up to a foot of snow has fallen.

BBC News - Weather leaves 150 Northern Ireland homes without electricity

Hope everyone is OK.
I'm gutted we have no snow lying up here in Derry. I bought a back-wheel drive over a year ago and still haven't been able to "test" it in the snow! :(

Evergreenfinch

I'm gutted we have no snow lying up here in Derry. I bought a back-wheel drive over a year ago and still haven't been able to "test" it in the snow! :(
Rear wheel drives are rubbish in the snow. Someone told me if i had half a ton o sand in the boot it would help give grip!

belfast1981

A lot of snow on the mountains, down here. but none on ground right now.Turned to slush as soon as it hit the ground.

InsideImDancing

Rear wheel drives are rubbish in the snow. Someone told me if i had half a ton o sand in the boot it would help give grip!
Exactly, "grip" is not something I'm looking for!:)

InsideImDancing

InsideImDancing

For 800 years we drunk a loada beers.....

Blue beg... GivesUSBeckOurFleg....

Couple of wee starters for ye Red! What happened to your poems anyway mate?

bona na croin

Seriously though, ever take a rear wheel drive bally dancing in the snow?:) A mean in a car park or summit like!
Not as much fun as tying a fish box (with steel 'boots' attached to the bottom) to the back a a car and going around in circle in a car park.

Just make sure curbs are not possible to hit with the fish box (back is still fecked after all these years)!

The Owl

Was it nationalist snow or unionist snow?

InsideImDancing

Was it nationalist snow or unionist snow?
Twas peacful snow as it was mostly white.

Although it did land mostly in Unionist areas which is, quite frankly, a disgrace!

#GiveUsBeckOurSnow

InsideImDancing

Not as much fun as tying a fish box (with steel 'boots' attached to the bottom) to the back a a car and going around in circle in a car park.

Just make sure curbs are not possible to hit with the fish box (back is still fecked after all these years)!
Lmao, I hope there is no one in this fish box?

bona na croin

Lmao, I hope there is no one in this fish box?
Of course there is, where would the fun be with no-one in it? petunia Was in it with another lad...hit the curb (car was doing about 20mph)... went flying about 10 feet! Oh to be a teenager again, or maybe not.

InsideImDancing

Of course there is, where would the fun be with no-one in it? petunia Was in it with another lad...hit the curb (car was doing about 20mph)... went flying about 10 feet! Oh to be a teenager again, or maybe not.
Jeepers wept!!! Youse Donegal wans!

InsideImDancing

Is this a Soprano's episode ?
Be careful, verrry careful, you don't want to end up in a fish box....

flying around on the back of a Toyota in donegal!

Last edited:

Popular Threads

Most Replies