Threats to John Ging: armed security beefed up.

former wesleyan

Five months after receiving threats , Israel has finally allowed arms to be delivered to John Ging, the Irish head of UNRWA in Gaza.
Islamisists - and I don't mean Hamas in this case - have stepped up attacks on any evidence of Western culture in Gaza, football matches banned, swimming pools closed, playgrounds firebombed.
It's only a matter of time , imho, before they murder someone involved with the UN.

UN in Gaza orders weapons to protect its head | World news | The Guardian

Trampas

Five months after receiving threats , Israel has finally allowed arms to be delivered to John Ging, the Irish head of UNRWA in Gaza.
Islamisists - and I don't mean Hamas in this case - have stepped up attacks on any evidence of Western culture in Gaza, football matches banned, swimming pools closed, playgrounds firebombed.
It's only a matter of time , imho, before they murder someone involved with the UN.

UN in Gaza orders weapons to protect its head | World news | The Guardian

Charming. But of course we have posters on here who would blame Israel for all of the above.

kenneth

Depressing news. Such a shame that there are those in Gaza who cannot differentiate between the forces of zionist imperialism and ordinary run of the mill westerners. Really hope nothing happens to John Ging - from what I've seen of him he seems to be one of the few good guys in that part of the world.

Interista

A bit like Israel did in Lebanon a few years back, you mean?

former wesleyan

A bit like Israel did in Lebanon a few years back, you mean?
If you're referring to the murder of Privates Derek Smallhorne and Tom Barrett by the SLA , no, I don't really mean like that.
The factions to the right, the fundamentalist right that is , of Hamas aren't to be compared to the SLA; however murderous they were.

Interista

If you're referring to the murder of Privates Derek Smallhorne and Tom Barrett by the SLA , no, I don't really mean like that.
Eh, no I wasn't referring to that at all. Rather to this:

Despite 6 warnings Israel bombed and killed 4 UN observers - Wikinews, the free news source

You have a rather selective memory of news stories, don't you think? How did you manage to forget to remember this incident?

But it is interesting that our Israelists are suddenly concerned about the safety of John Ging, a man whose organisation has been consistently at the recieving end of smears, obstruction - not to mention bombing - by the Israelis. Were they so worried about him when Israel was shelling UN premises during their bombardment of Gaza, or when they went out of their way to make UNWRA's humanitarian work next to impossible? Big of them to 'allow' him a few guns now, though.

Trampas

Such a shame that there are those in Gaza who cannot differentiate between the forces of zionist imperialism and ordinary run of the mill westerners.

To an islamo-barbarian an infidel is an infidel.......Ging would do well to recognise that fact.

mickdotcom

The problem is that Ging calls it as it is

he comes out and says Israel are wrong to do such a thing

and he also says Hamas are wrong in doing this etc.

I think Israel accepts that no matter who is in charge they will still get lambasted

whereas Hamas and its puppets want someone they can control

someone naive and out of her depth- a recent visitor to their shores.

L'Chaim

I haven't the slightest respect for John Ging. And now he needs protection from those he's supposed to be helping? Kinda makes me think that all his lies about Israel during Cast Lead were just him trying to save his own skin from those in Gaza who would think nothing of killing him. He was the first to say Israel bombed a school, which was widely reported all around the world. And when he eventually retracted his statement world news had moved on and the lie is still the story that is believed. Was he trying to appease the terror groups in Gaza? If so he must now know that that policy won't work. Are the UN going to have an international investigation into this threat to its members? You can bet it won't. Will the UN wake up to who and what they are helping? You can bet it won't! Instead it will keep rewarding the terrorists' bad behaviour and will try to excuse all their brutal behaviour towards UN staff, the Palestinian people who oppose them, and Israeli civilians.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
I haven't the slightest respect for John Ging. And now he needs protection from those he's supposed to be helping?
No he does not require protection from those he is helping. His job is not to help Hamas or any of the proxy groups which are a threat to him and the UN. He is there to help the people to Gaza. It is the people of Gaza who benefit and avail of UN run schools and childrens projects. It is those UN project that Islamic extremists have attacked in the past annd continue to do so, to the detriment of the Gazan people.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
Eh, no I wasn't referring to that at all.
Quite right, you were referring to anything other than the OP. I take it you believe that the UN should be attacked and their programs dismantled. What other end could your comparison making serve?

But it is interesting that our Israelists are suddenly concerned about the safety of John Ging,
"Our Israelists"? Could you explain what you mean by that? Is all criticism of Hamas and islamic extremists made only by people who are pro-Isreal? I take it you believe that Trampas, Former Wesleyan, Kenneth, Seth Lord and Newsy are all 'Zionists'? Or are you simply demonstrating your inability to be objective and lack of concern for the Gazan people?

Super8

I haven't the slightest respect for John Ging..... He was the first to say Israel bombed a school, which was widely reported all around the world. And when he eventually retracted his statement world news had moved on and the lie is still the story that is believed. Was he trying to appease the terror groups in Gaza?
L'Chaim, your name would suggest you are incapable of showing respect for John Ging. There is absolutely no doubting the good he is doing in the face of criticism from both Hamas and Israel. He is a brave and determined man and is only interested in the welfare of ordinary Gazan people. The threat to his life comes from both Hamas and Mossad. Anyone who undermines the interests of the state of Israel is a target and well you know it.

As for your point about the school bombing, the 43 deaths and scores of casualties occurred outside the school compound and the UN were wrong in their initial statement. But interestingly, an Israeli army spokesman Major Aibital Leibovitz in the response to the accusation falsely suggests that there were militants firing from within the school and that Israeli forces returned fire on them. So he made up a story to confront a false accusation because he knew it was totally possible that they could have fired on a school. In his words: "The information that we have is that there was the launching of a mortar from the school's yard towards one of our forces. Our forces retaliated but it turned out that the school was booby trapped and as a result of our retaliation, everything flared up. There were a lot of secondary explosions from which probably those people were wounded"

Supporters of extreme IDF action always point out where the IDF have been wrongly accused but always completely ignore the considerable amount of brutal action that has undeniably been carried out against innocents. One example is the murders of the members of the Gaza flotilla which gave the world a chance to see what goes on behind the Gaza wall on a regular basis.

Trampas

One example is the murders of the members of the Gaza flotilla which gave the world a chance to see what goes on behind the Gaza wall on a regular basis.

No it didn't. Those events had nothing whatever to do with any wall. The IDF expected peaceful resistance on the Mavi Marmara. What they got was jihadists armed with lengths of the ship's railings that had been removed in advance with an angle grinder, presumably with the intention of fouling the aircraft's rotors and crashing it onto the deck. Those jihadists were looking for trouble.......and of course they got it.

Ramzi Nohra

No it didn't. Those events had nothing whatever to do with any wall. The IDF expected peaceful resistance on the Mavi Marmara. What they got was jihadists armed with lengths of the ship's railings that had been removed in advance with an angle grinder, presumably with the intention of fouling the aircraft's rotors and crashing it onto the deck. Those jihadists were looking for trouble.......and of course they got it.
Why would you expect peaceful resistance when you were illegally boarding a ship in international waters?

If I were to illegally board an Israeli ship in international waters should I also expect nothing "but peaceful resistance"?

Super8

Excuse me while I get myself back up off the floor. You sound like a child trying to justify hitting their little sister.

Gardener

[ He was the first to say Israel bombed a school, which was widely reported all around the world. And when he eventually retracted his statement world news had moved on and the lie is still the story that is believed.

A school was hit by Israel..plenty of photos here showing the white phosphorus shells hitting the school.

School in Gaza Bombed

The Israelis first denied using the white phosphorus but then back tracked when all the evidence came out. Read this articles from The Times:

Israel admits using white phosphorous in attacks on Gaza - Times Online

L'Chaim

No he does not require protection from those he is helping. His job is not to help Hamas or any of the proxy groups which are a threat to him and the UN. He is there to help the people to Gaza. It is the people of Gaza who benefit and avail of UN run schools and childrens projects. It is those UN project that Islamic extremists have attacked in the past annd continue to do so, to the detriment of the Gazan people.
He does not and the UN does not help the people of Gaza. The UN is there to ensure the Palestinians are kept in dreadful conditions in order to justify the UN being there and being funded hundreds of millions of dollars per year. The UN and the Palestinian leaders are actively keeping Palestinians in refugee camps. As far back as the 70s Israel introduced a program to move Palestinians out of the camps and into their own homes. They subsidized programs that would have enabled Palestinians to leave camps and move into homes built on their own plot of land with full infrastructure. The new neighborhoods were built on state land within municipal areas near the camps, and each had an electricity network, water and a sanitation system ... a road system, paved sidewalks and developed surroundings. Public buildings were constructed in each neighborhood such as modern schools, health clinics and shopping centers, and land was allocated for mosques. As soon as his house is built, the refugee becomes the full property owner, and in due course his property is registered in the Land Register. (Judea, Samaria and the Gaza District, 1967 – 1987; Israel, Ministry of Defense, 1987).

The Palestinian leaders immediately rejected this program because it would, in their eyes, mean that thousands of palestinians, living in their own homes, on their own plots of land, with proper sanitation, infrastructure etc. would have no interest in supporting violence against Israelis. What was odd though was that the UN called on Israel to end this program and return the Palestinians to their squalid refugee camps. They issued Resolution 31/15 which called upon Israel to a) To take effective steps immediately for the return of the refugees concerned to the camps from which they were removed in the Gaza Strip and to provide adequate shelters for their accommodation; Now why would the UN insist on keeping Palestinians in refugee camps? Odd also, when you consider that the very same resolution was calling for Governments funding the UN to increase their contributions in order for the UN to continue to aid the Palestinian refugees. When the PLO got this support from the UN it immediately issued threats to kill any refugees who moved out of the camps and as a result the build you own home program died. And that is why there are still refugee camps in Gaza. Now Gaza is under the control of the Palestinians (Hamas) since 2005. There is no reason why there should still be refugee camps in Gaza. There are thousands upon thousands of Palestinian refugees in refugee camps in Palestinian controlled Gaza, and all with the UN support and UN insistence that they stay there. The UN (and John Ging) are paid very handsomely (hundreds of millions of dollars per year) to look after refugees in Gaza, so it's in the UN's interest to keep these Palestinians in refugee camps in Palestinian controlled Gaza. The UN or John Ging is not helping the people in Gaza. They are actively working to keep them in dreadful squalid conditions. And why wouldn't they, you'd have to ask, when their funding depends on it!

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies