"Three months on, our plan is working" - Fianna Fail

petervalhala

If anyone believes this government has a plan they are seriously deluded. Slash and burn is not a plan. Saving their cronies is not a plan. There is nothing in their proposals about jobs and aiding those without get one.

Fianna Fail are morally bankrupt. This moral bankruptcy has led to our financial ruin. We need a new government and we need it now.
The Government's policies have and are preventing financial bankruptcy of this country.

Actual bankruptcy would be brought about if your cronies in the public sector unions got their way.

The Government was democratically elected and has a mandate which runs to 2012; is it now Labour party policy to hold a election every time the parties in power have a low opinion poll result?

Cassandra Syndrome

So why did we need Government policies to prevent bankruptcy to begin with?

And besides the policies are intensifying the depression, which going by today's data is swinging from deflationary to hyperinflationary.

T

The_Big_Fellow

Dear God. Stop for one minute.

This is Ireland in 2010 and we are spending our time on a Thursday afternoon on the run up to Paddy's, spitting at each other over a graph that only shows that the spread of our interest on BORROWING FUNDS TO SURVIVE, over a nation that itself is running a large deficit is performing reasonably well in 2nd place to another country that the entire planet has lost complete confidence in.

I seen the Greek Finance minister on CNBC talking about how his nation is under attack from Credit Default Swaps using perfect English. He talked about it because he knows them inside out. Could you imagine Brian Lenihan on CNBC talking about hardcore financial derivative instruments? What makes us better than Greece? We have higher unemployment, a much more severe contraction and higher public and private debt per GNP.

How can we possible celebrate that we are keeping the yield on our bonds under 5% when National Debt is going to explode over 100% of GNP and God knows where it will end?

Debt is our problem. We have 500% of our income as debt and that cannot be serviced even if interest rates were 0%.

Stop and think about things for a couple of minutes. This is 2010 and we are up the creek.
Good post.

To listen to Lenihan you would think that we were thriving.

Nugget

The worrying thing is that your average Fianna Fail drone will lap that up.

Cassandra Syndrome

The clue is in the graph. What happened in July that took the yield down to its low in late August early September?

An Gilladaker

The Government's policies have and are preventing financial bankruptcy of this country.

Actual bankruptcy would be brought about if your cronies in the public sector unions got their way.

The Government was democratically elected and has a mandate which runs to 2012; is it now Labour party policy to hold a election every time the parties in power have a low opinion poll result?
Peter stop trying to fool yourself the Government has and continues to make a dogs dinner out of everything they try to do they are crap as are their green lapdogs

ellie08

I suppose it's refreshing at least to see an admission that FF brought the country "to the brink of economic and financial ruin."
How kind of them to 'rescue' us from their mismanagement of the country. And we're the envy of Europe (ho ho ho, I'd say we are:rolleyes:)? Wow - Lenihan is a genius - what was that book I wonder he said he bought on economics so I can go out and buy it and see how he saved us all.

paulp

I can accept that the overall spending cut implemented in the budget was needed and is helping in preventing the bankruptcy of the country.

Can you accept that FF policy played a large part in bringing us to the brink in the first place?

Sync

I can accept that the overall spending cut implemented in the budget was needed and is helping in preventing the bankruptcy of the country.

Can you accept that FF policy played a large part in bringing us to the brink in the first place?
Absolutely right. I've no problem saying I think the vast majority of what Lenihan has done over the past 12 months has been right on the money. The problem is what he, his leader and the former leader did in the preceding years that drove us to the precipice.

DCon

I thought it was Lehman brothers, the International crisis, de Brits, the Opposition..

Not FF though

petervalhala

Everything contributed, of course mistakes were made

DCon

slumdog1971

FF's plan is a disaster for this country.

It has set us back 15years and still travelling.

I made a calculated gamble that the policy of cutting pay and sw would kick start the economy becasue people would see that Lenihan didn't go after their wages and just concentrated on the ps. I gambled that people in employment whose income was untouched after the budget would pick up some of the slack left after the attack on ps wages. I have put my money down (Ask harshbuzz)

Unfortunately it didn't happen.

Brian Lenihan took a chance that spending would increase when people saw their own incomes untouched. The plan failed and now we have an angry ps and a non spending public.

Brian Lenihan is an economic ignoramous. He should have taken the deal offered by the ps unions. Confidence would have returned and we wouldn't have these ridicilous threats of strikes. He was drunk on his own self belief and he has killed the patient.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies