Tillerson sacked

Erudite Caveman

All you Libtards promulgating the narrative that Tillerson was sacked because he was too hard on Russia.

You know that you were also up in arms against his original appointment on the basis that he was a Russian stooge.
Another way of saying the same thing is that Trump hired him because he he might be a Russian stooge, and fired him when he wasn't.

But that would be nonsense. He was fired because he insisted on behaving like a Secretary of State, and not like Trump's monkey. Trump needs yes men and Tillerson never was going to be one of them.

Elvis jaffacake

Because he is the leader of the most powerful country in the world making decisions which effect the whole world and you are screwed up woman cowering in a London flat where social media is your only outlet.

I don't normally treat people like this, but you ask for it.
I don't normally molest kittens but this one was asking for it...

If you're "forced" outside your range of normal behaviour because of something said on the Internet...you should probably question if being on the net is a good place for you.

Paddyc

I don't normally molest kittens but this one was asking for it...

If you're "forced" outside your range of normal behaviour because of something said on the Internet...you should probably question if being on the net is a good place for you.
That particular poster should be in a net, not on the net.

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
Pompeo may be worse for the US and the free world but State Department workers are celebrating Tillerson's departure. However, they are wary of his replacement. One State Department official said:
“Pompeo will have the president’s trust but enable his worst foreign policy instincts. Sanity has never been the guiding principle of this White House.”

Michael Tomasky also warns about the new Secretary of State:

Why Mike Pompeo as Secretary of State Should Scare You More Than Rex Tillerson

A bumbler who disagrees with Trump from time to time is better than a yes man as America’s chief diplomat.
…
[L]ook for the administration to cancel the Iran deal. Pompeo has been a big critic of it. Look for a harder line, if such is possible, on Israel and the Palestinians. On Russia, Pompeo has taken a far more anti-Putin line than Trump; after all, he heads an agency that is part of the consensus view that Russia meddled in the election to help Trump. Just this past weekend, Pompeo challenged Putin’s dismissal of meddling claims as “false.” Will Pompeo try to persuade the president of this view, or spend the next few months trying to make his boss forget he ever held it? Count me among those skeptical that the potentially new secretary of State won’t learn the lessons from the just axed secretary of State—that fealty to Trump is the key currency.
Interesting!

I guess Pompero's promotion could be a case of keeping your enemies closer!

The bottom line is that the Bible crew is harnessing more power.

It might not be a bad thing, if they display associated Christian passion.

There is a Bible Study Group set up in the Whitehouse with many attending, including DeVos, Pompeo, and Sessions.

Analyzer

This seems to point the way towards a more aggressive stance by Trump towards Iran.

Personally, I reckon Iran will collapse from within, faster than a shoddily constructed house, permitted by the corrupt regime, and approved by somebody with no clue about building codes, who have recite the holy book in his sleep.

Iran is a state that amounts systemic nonsense, wrecking society, and everyday lives.

The youth are more interested in Dawkins than they are in Khomeini.

The most intelligent way to achieve regime change in Iran, is to smuggle in copies of the works of Hitchens and Sam Harris, copies of the thoughts of the Dalai Lama, and the New Testament.

Just provide any possible alternative, because the current compulsory dictats are failing abysmally.

The regime can's handle that. In fact it cannot handle any form of objective criticism from inside.

Pompeo, does not get this. I do not know if anybody in US Foreign Policy formulation gets it.

Trainwreck

Another way of saying the same thing is that Trump hired him because he he might be a Russian stooge, and fired him when he wasn't.

But that would be nonsense. He was fired because he insisted on behaving like a Secretary of State, and not like Trump's monkey. Trump needs yes men and Tillerson never was going to be one of them.
Pythonesque.

Sync

In his farewell address at the State Department, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson — who Trump fired last week — urged employees to do small acts of kindness because "this can be a very mean-spirited town."

"In closing, I would like to ask that each of you undertake to ensure one act of kindness each day towards another person. This can be a very mean-spirited town. But you don't have to choose to participate in that," he said.

The line received both laughter and applause.

He also encouraged the staff to treat each other with respect.

"Regardless of the job title, the station in life, or your role, everyone is important to the state department. We're all just human beings trying to do our part," he said.
No **** statement of the day.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies