• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Tim Pat Coogan Refused US Visa

Bea C

What!?!?!

Analyzer

strange decision.

Dame_Enda

The Americans started to go paranoid on visa applications after 911.

shutuplaura

Seems like a pretty bizarre decision - a 77 year old man is more harm to himself travelling long haul.

statsman

Apparently it is one of a number Dublin Embassy visa decisions which 'have caused concern' among the Irish government. I wonder is there a policy behind it?
Do you have a link for that? I have a personal interest.

Mushroom

Bill

what's the book about, maybe it's crap

Eoin Coir

surely his adulation of Michael Collins and Adams is not being held against him ?

former wesleyan

ManOfReason

The is nothing in the article that suggest it was for security reasons. It could have been related to the commercial nature of the trip (which is why he would have had to apply for a visa in the first place), or maybe he just made a balls of the vias application.

Mountaintop

I have it on good authority that CIA put him on a no fly-list because his name's an anagram of "Go to an impact"....

Eoin Coir

His old girlfriend,beautiful ambassador Jean Kennedy Smith would never have allowed that !

Or maybe with new weight restrictions, he was unwilling to pay the price of 2 or 3 people ?