Tim Pat reveals Dev's interference with the Guards,replaced by his Broy Harriers.

Eoin Coir

In todays Irish Times Tim Pat Coogan reveals the way Devilera interfered with the guards,including his own father, on Dev taking power in 1932. Many of those guards have stood by the state since its foundation,and during the civil war.Dev brought in his own crowd known as the Broy Harriers.

Tim Pat was later editor of the Irish Press, and jumped to FF orders. He seems to have freedom of expression since Dev Press folded , but some Dev spawn still benefit from Press shares.

Tim Pat Coogan: role of Irish Press in my father

NMunsterman

In todays Irish Times Tim Pat Coogan reveals the way Devilera interfered with the guards,including his own father, on Dev taking power in 1932. Many of those guards have stood by the state since its foundation,and during the civil war.Dev brought in his own crowd known as the Broy Harriers.

Tim Pat was later editor of the Irish Press, and jumped to FF orders. He seems to have freedom of expression since Dev Press folded , but some Dev spawn still benefit from Press shares.

Tim Pat Coogan: role of Irish Press in my father
Translates as :

"I'm still bitter that John Redmond was unceremoniously dumped by the Irish people in 1918 "

borntorum

Maybe he should have revealed his personal interest before publishing his hatchet job of a biography.

Maybe Tomas Mor could also start a thread on the revelation in the state papers that John Bruton wanted to hold onto the statue of Queen Victoria??

Eoin Coir

I suppose skin head Ferriter and Eunan O hAlpin will take issue with Tim Pat. He has more history in his little toe than they have between them.

borntorum

I suppose skin head Ferriter and Eunan O hAlpin will take issue with Tim Pat. He has more history in his little toe than they have between them.
Hilarious that you're so quick to defend an anti-Brit extremist like TPC. But then he's from blueshirt stock so that's all that matters

Eoin Coir

I see some FFers dont like this post, ref to Irish Press & Devileire funds diverted are source of worry for them. Wait until Tim Pat tells all, he knows a lot.

an modh coinniolach

You might think of easing off the sherry, there's five and a bit hours til the new year.

midlander12

Translates as :

"I'm still bitter that John Redmond was unceremoniously dumped by the Irish people in 1918 "
Er - what? Tim Pat is as close to a Shinner as a Dublin establishment figure would ever be. He reveres Collins and hates Dev, of course, and did a biographical hatchet job on the latter some years ago.

runwiththewind

Hilarious that you're so quick to defend an anti-Brit extremist like TPC. But then he's from blueshirt stock so that's all that matters

How is he anti-British?

realistic1

You are spot on, but he would not be favored by the new Lib circles due to his straight and not so PC talking.

Eoin Coir

You are spot on, but he would not be favored by the new Lib circles due to his straight and not so PC talking.
Irish Times facilitated 2 fierce attacks on him recently by skin head Ferriter (expert on everything from war to sex here) and O hAlpin. Tim Pat dealt adequately with them both, they had no come back on him either

an modh coinniolach

Nonsense. He's not favoured by historians due to his minimal acquaintance with his subject matter and propensity for agenda-driven spoofery.

ergo2

Dev was a full on rotter

cyp
"Rotter"? Have seen that word only in English comics.

Dev coached rugby in Rockwell many years ago. Could have been a useful man in a line-out if he had continued playing.

realistic1

Nonsense. He's not favoured by historians due to his minimal acquaintance with his subject matter and propensity for agenda-driven spoofery.
The above could equally apply to the current Historian media whores. He is disliked because he speaks his mind, and is not worried about what the twitterati and other social bull************************ter think of him.

Eoin Coir

"Rotter"? Have seen that word only in English comics.

Dev coached rugby in Rockwell many years ago. Could have been a useful man in a line-out if he had continued playing.
He'd be better eye gouging in the scrum when ref was not looking !

New Threads

Most Replies