Time for an election , time for FF to pull the plug

offalypat

tricky mickey is waiting until the time is right for the ffailures.
Party first, country last as is usual.
no its michael martin first then maybe the party but its to hell with the country as far as that goes

luggage

what has fondness and good terms got to do to with a issue as serious as brexit?
Where did I mention fondness? And did you wilfully miss the word diplomacy?

Blokesbloke

Time for Joan Burton to be put in charge. She would get along famously with Theresa May and Angela Merkel. Together they would put things to rights.

offalypat

Time for Joan Burton to be put in charge. She would get along famously with Theresa May and Angela Merkel. Together they would put things to rights.
they would look well in leather and high heel boots with a whip in one hand and furry handcuffs in the other

brughahaha

A GE will solve f*** all.
I disagree ...it would force parties to outline their position and plans for Brexit ...at the moment the only plan seems to be "The EU has been good to us Im sure theyll be nice to us this time, lets leave them to it "

One of the reasons for the complete EU supplication (just like the bailout) is the lack of a threat to the cosy political consensus ...and election might just force a slightly more considered and less fawning approach from our politicians

sport02

Fianna Fáil has already proven to the Irish people that in a time of crisis they're unfit for government.
We will be facing Brexit soon, the last thing this country needs now is Fianna Fáil back in power.
Expecially with Michael Martin at the helm, a former senior minister who played his party in throwing our country to the wolves.

Plebian

I disagree ...it would force parties to outline their position and plans for Brexit ...at the moment the only plan seems to be "The EU has been good to us Im sure theyll be nice to us this time, lets leave them to it "

One of the reasons for the complete EU supplication (just like the bailout) is the lack of a threat to the cosy political consensus ...and election might just force a slightly more considered and less fawning approach from our politicians
True, and it would be a quick 3 week campaign which wouldn't eff up the timeline but then what? Back to square 1 with FF swapping places with FG strength wise, we'd be back to the wrangling over who'd be in Govt and that could take ages.

Most likely a return of the favour from FG propping up a minority FF Govt, in effect if FF have a Brexit plan right now they can already strongarm FG into following a realistic FF Brexit strategy.

brughahaha

Fianna Fáil has already proven to the Irish people that in a time of crisis they're unfit for government.
We will be facing Brexit soon, the last thing this country needs now is Fianna Fáil back in power.
Expecially with Michael Martin at the helm, a former senior minister who played his party in throwing our country to the wolves.
Whereas Fgs dealings with the EU have been .....absolutely dreadful for Irish citizens

brughahaha

True, and it would be a quick 3 week campaign which wouldn't eff up the timeline but then what? Back to square 1 with FF swapping places with FG strength wise, we'd be back to the wrangling over who'd be in Govt and that could take ages.

Most likely a return of the favour from FG propping up a minority FF Govt, in effect if FF have a Brexit plan right now they can already strongarm FG into following a realistic FF Brexit strategy.
Actually - like the Netherlands i think the terms of the political narrative would be changed by an election ....whoever (and I think it would only be FF with SF support , dont thing FF/FG will have the numbers next time)

I think whoever was elected in whatever terms would know it needed some backbone with the EU , and thats what the elctorate demanded and to take Brexit a lot more seriously than it is currently

I think the elction would be a process for the public to shape the politicians.Regardless of the result I think the political landscape would be changed

Erudite Caveman

Oddly enough, history would suggest that FF do their damage when there isn't a crisis, rather than in the teeth of one.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom