Time for Orange Order to meet Sinn Féin

Newrybhoy

To talk about what?

The OO has no interest in an ILA or a unity referendum and SF have no interest on parades beyond causing agitation.

So, what would they talk about ?

Levellers

The OO talk to uppity Taigs? I think not. They are holding too much hatred for anything positive to come out of it.

McSlaggart

To talk about what?

SF have no interest on parades beyond causing agitation.

Flags, parades, and how they can reduce issues around such matters. The fact is that in lots of places Unionists are a minority and SF are the major political power.

SF line on the issue that concern the orange order are much more moderate than the people who vote for SF or the sdlp. I know the last parade in Omagh was a major concern for the shopkeepers of the town.

AhNowStop

To talk about what?

The OO has no interest in an ILA or a unity referendum and SF have no interest on parades beyond causing agitation.

laurel & hardy & goat fixations :shock:

hopefully the Shinners could recommend a good psychiatrist ,,, or at least a good vet !!

between the bridges

Ney Bother...

Djarrygando " Well a'lo btb''

btb '' feck off ye beatch slapped big girls blouse''

Se0samh

laurel & hardy & goat fixations :shock:

hopefully the Shinners could recommend a good psychiatrist ,,, or at least a good vet !!

The wizened guy on the right is the second unionist politician I remember speaking to, though at that time he wasn't an elected one....he may have been sniffing around after the North Belfast Westminster seat...never got it though....went South instead....:lol:

michael-mcivor

There was a deal done with the Orange Order to do with Ardoyne and other parades- time to end the 3rd party carry on and just meet to talk-

theloner

To talk about what?

Are you asking why opposing sides in a post-conflict situation, in a still, deeply divided society should fecking talk? Like, talk words to each other over a table, dinner or tea? You are asking this question on a political forum?

CastleRay

Time for Orange Order to meet Sinn Féin

Time for Orange Order to meet Sinn Féin - The Irish News

I do not understand why the Orange order would not meet with SF?
I can understand why Sinn Fein would want to meet the Orange Order (to goad, provoke and gloat that the Orange has to ask republicans for permission to do something that's a basic democratic right) but I cannot understand why the Orange Order would meet Sinn Fein. If Sinn Fein was actually about promotion and defense of "rights" they would be championing the right of freedom of speech and assembly, rather than having worked for years to agitate and create conflict where it did not exist previously.

AhNowStop

I can understand why Sinn Fein would want to meet the Orange Order (to goad, provoke and gloat that the Orange has to ask republicans for permission to do something that's a basic democratic right) but I cannot understand why the Orange Order would meet Sinn Fein. If Sinn Fein was actually about promotion and defense of "rights" they would be championing the right of freedom of speech and assembly, rather than having worked for years to agitate and create conflict where it did not exist previously.
LMFAO .. :roll: .. Im telling yez lads, crackpot kkkray's losing the plot right in front of our very eyes :lol:

keep er lit ye demented loon

Last edited:

Roll_On

If Sinn Fein was actually about promotion and defense of "rights" they would be championing the right of freedom of speech and assembly,
You don't actually have any right to talk about rights you loon, it's your lot who want to castigate gays and natives. Your liitle marching day out being restricted (very slightly) is very much a secondary issue, regarding 'rights' in Northern Ireland.

Roll_On

I'm not sure if either side want to meet eachother at the moment. I'd imagine when there's a SF first minister in the coming years, the OO may sheepishly seek an audience.

death or glory

Flags, parades, and how they can reduce issues around such matters. The fact is that in lots of places Unionists are a minority and SF are the major political power.

SF line on the issue that concern the orange order are much more moderate than the people who vote for SF or the sdlp. I know the last parade in Omagh was a major concern for the shopkeepers of the town.
You still chatting bollox about the parades on a Friday evening.
Omagh main street is a ghost town on a Friday Evening.
Dunnes Stores offer the use of their car park for the band parades in the town.

I've embarrassed you on all this before before.

theloner

It seems unionist policy these days is delaying the inevitable across the board. A rethink needed big style. Fining your own party members for talking without permission is a sticking plaster. Pay a few top political advisors or strategists the big bucks and they'll reap the rewards if it's not too late. Catholic unionists in NI can be very forgiving and fickle, and there isn't a shortage of them. The DUP is shrinking that constituency by the week. Big picture lads. Talk of throwing babies in the bin just ain't cricket, especially when one wanders out of the Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough.

McSlaggart

I can understand why Sinn Fein would want to meet the Orange Order (to goad, provoke and gloat that the Orange has to ask republicans for permission to do something that's a basic democratic right) /QUOTE]

Do you think that parading in towns is a basic democratic right?

McSlaggart

You still chatting bollox about the parades on a Friday evening.
Omagh main street is a ghost town on a Friday Evening.
Dunnes Stores offer the use of their car park for the band parades in the town.

I've embarrassed you on all this before before.
So you think people do not go out on a Friday night?

CastleRay

I can understand why Sinn Fein would want to meet the Orange Order (to goad, provoke and gloat that the Orange has to ask republicans for permission to do something that's a basic democratic right) /QUOTE]

Do you think that parading in towns is a basic democratic right?
The right to free speech and assembly are the most basic democratic freedoms.

New Threads