Time for unity, not petty squabbling - apparently

jmcc

I guess some low-IQed journo was watching Braveheart on DVD and went off on a Willie Wallace rant. The reason that few people fully understand what happened is because there has been abject lying, deceit and intentional incompetence.

Regards...jmcc

Tomas Mor

This is part of the "national gov, they are all the same brigade".

TODevastated

one of the reasons people are annoyed is because it has taken so long to get to where we are TWO YEARS

TWO YEARS to carry out due diligence procedures on the 6 banks and set up NAMA, and

with NAMA having raised the threshold of qualifying loans from €5 to €20m how much more sh*te is buried in the banks books currently valued between €5 and €20m, and

don't give me this complex rubbish of people working through the night to set NAMA up etc it just should have been done a year ago

granted the figures may well have been just as bad as they are now however if it had have been done a year ago, and god knows the government paid €34m in professional fees for help, we may now be feeling slightly better about ourselves and starting on the road to recovery

nonpartyboy

Sounds like what the captain of the titanic would have said just before the steerage passengers got their hands on him had he been a gutless wimp, at least he had the decency to go down with his ship.

Maximus Cynicus

I'd say this fella is a hoot at funerals............."C'mon, mate, your da is dead - put him in the ground and move on"

Boy M5

They are right we are all in this together.
Though I await Dennis O'Brien - the largest shareholder in the Indo I believe- to move his tax domicile back to Ireland.

Berchmans

Why is it that it's always people with something to hide in the past suggest that we move on (e.g. Tony Blair after the Hutton Report).

Is there guilt in the Indo Group that (a) they cheerled the property bubble, and (b) they were instrumental in the re-election of the Rat in the Fridge and his subsequent disastrous economic stewardship.

McDave

There can be no unity with the 25% who still insist on supporting FF.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Normally I treat this kind of national solidarity with a pinch of salt, however two things have changed my mind. Firstly, the state of the national finances means that it will take (at a minimum) four years to correct things back to a point where we are no longer the "sick man" of Europe (and a lot longer to see any kind of real growth). This government will not be re-electd. FF will be decimated and the Greens will be wiped out and the parties currently in opposition will have to run the show. Therefore they should be involved in the process that decides the first of four critical bugets this year. In return, FF should be involved in the other budgts in the other three years, whether or not they are in government.

Secondly, the performance of the opposition has been appauling this week, especially Joan Burton, who seem to seems to think that opposition consists of hand-wringing and soundbytes. Someone needs to call this awful woman's bluff. Far better to have her on the inside pissing out than the outside pissing in.

Maximus Cynicus

This government will not be re-electd. FF will be decimated and the Greens will be wiped out and the parties currently in opposition will have to run the show. Therefore they should be involved in the process that decides the first of four critical bugets this year. In return, FF should be involved in the other budgts in the other three years, whether or not they are in government.
AFAIK, the reason for possibly including current opposition in the budget process is they will have to carry the bedpan for the forseeable future. A call for a "reciprocal" arrangement infers a usually arrogant, although self-deluding belief within FF that they will be back in government within 2-3 years :)

eoghanacht

Lets not play the blame game! ;)

McDave

In return, FF should be involved in the other budgts in the other three years, whether or not they are in government.
:lol:

When FF are out, they're staying out. If they like, they can do a 'Tallaght II'-lite by keeping their traps shut while the coalition tries to pull this country back together. But that's highly unlikely. They'll still be gagging for attention, so we can expect plenty of self-justifying pontification.

spidermom

Normally I treat this kind of national solidarity with a pinch of salt, however two things have changed my mind. Firstly, the state of the national finances means that it will take (at a minimum) four years to correct things back to a point where we are no longer the "sick man" of Europe (and a lot longer to see any kind of real growth). This government will not be re-electd. FF will be decimated and the Greens will be wiped out and the parties currently in opposition will have to run the show. Therefore they should be involved in the process that decides the first of four critical bugets this year. In return, FF should be involved in the other budgts in the other three years, whether or not they are in government.

Secondly, the performance of the opposition has been appauling this week, especially Joan Burton, who seem to seems to think that opposition consists of hand-wringing and soundbytes. Someone needs to call this awful woman's bluff. Far better to have her on the inside pissing out than the outside pissing in.
Have to disagree here keith.
FF will be decimated and the greens will be gone..that bit is agreed!
If by some magical intervention FF were in opposition in the morning they would be involved in the same tactics that are part and parcel of every democratic nation on the planet, i.e. oppositional politics. To presume that because of the state of the nation they would not is niave!
Because of the "hear no evil, see no evil and hand out the goodies courtesy of the VAT on construction" policies from FF that led us here, the electorate who will have to knuckle down,work harder with less,pay more taxes and export our children will not take the required medicine willingly from this administration.
If some semblance of national unity among the people is to occur, it will only occur when we get a chance to decide who will administer the medicine.

If some semblance of national unity among the people is to occur, it will only occur when we get a chance to decide who will administer the medicine.
And if the medicine is served from a communual pot, to everyone.

New Threads

Most Replies