Time to cover up EU symbol to show our solidarity against the EU.

Run_to_da_hills

Time to cover up EU symbol on registration plates.

As a mark of protest and disgust against the Government sell out of this sovereign nation and treatment of the Irish people by the EU parliment it is suggested that we should replace the EU symbol on our number plates with the tricolor or leave it black as a symbol of the death of our country.

Last edited:

d7bohs

Good plan actually - although mine is completely covered in snow at the moment.

TradCat

I agree. It's illegal but if we do it in numbers then it will become unstoppable. I will do it.

owedtojoy

This is our own fault.

Blaming it on the EU is only childish escapism.

Empty gestures like this one will only confirm us as incapable of taking respnsibility for our own mistakes.

Run_to_da_hills

I also ride a motorbike and never had this symbol of foreign take over on my plate.

reknaw

As a mark of protest and disgust against the Government sell out of this sovereign nation and treatment of the Irish people by the EU parliment it is suggested that we should replace the EU symbol on our number plates with the tricolor or leave it black as a symbol of the death of our country.

Great idea, and a good business opportunity for anyone who wants to start manufacturing and marketing stickers.;) It's probably illegal, but maybe it's time to emulate Gandhi and fill the jails. They can't lock us all up in the big house, and they've put our country in another kind of bondage for decades anyway.:mad:

This is our own fault.

Empty gestures like this one will only confirm us as incapable of taking respnsibility for our own mistakes.
Anglo Bank our mistake or the mistake of the ECB who gave them a endless supply of money?

Great idea by the way and one i will support.

TradCat

This is our own fault.

I didn't make any mistakes. I have no debts. Why should I pay for the mistakes of the German banks who gave money to Seanie Fitzpatrick and the other wide boys who have destroyed the country.

Oppenheimer

Also, why don't we stick our fingers in our ears whenever we hear someone speak French or German. This site daily becomes more like reading the "Top Tips" section in Viz.

RedSperanza

I'm from the north, and one thing I notice when I'm in Dublin is that the EU flag is everywhere. I wonder if that will change now ...

Cassandra Syndrome

This is our own fault.

Please elaborate on how people are to blame, paying attention to Self Determination Theory, Prospect Theory, Hyperbolic Discounting and other relavant behavioural traits that condition us through the social norms that individuals are presented with in their lives.

Please also discuss in macro economic terms how it was possible that we went from the normal given that the total M2 money supply of this country was equal to the total debt of this country in 1998 to the illogical situation today that total debt is 5 times total M2 money supply.

Seriously I thought people who could multiply commodities through mental will existed only in the pages of the New Testament.

Cassandra Syndrome

Great idea. I hope it catches on.

Run_to_da_hills

I'm from the north, and one thing I notice when I'm in Dublin is that the EU flag is everywhere. I wonder if that will change now ...
The only time the EU flag should be displayed in our country is at night.

Aindriu

I agree. It's illegal but if we do it in numbers then it will become unstoppable. I will do it.
No it isn't. There is no legal requirement to display that symbol at all!

Oppenheimer

wildmind

Yes of course ourselves alone with our own self serving elite and greasy till of gombeen men would govern ireland better.

What a joke. Give me the continent any day.

fluvius

And when we've finished covering up the stars on dem cars, lets not drive on those new fangled motorways the EU funded.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies