Time to horse trade with the Chinese to stave off the IMF?

Fantasia

There is no public discourse as to the alternative remedies to this pre-programmed destruction of the Irish economy. Maybe we ought to think about horse trading our NAMA assets to the Chinese coupled with a right of first refusal on our extensive oil and natural gas resources? And a promise to them of a review of the existing offshore arrangements in light of the new reality.

Its time to review all the options.

sheehan

The politicans of this country is too short-sighted to look that far.

sheehan

At the moment, the Irish people are basically paying their political masters handsomely to do the job, and the job is for them to cut the wages and benefits of the Irish people.

eoghanacht

Now we are talking. I suggest we allow them build a nuclear submarine base in Cobh. In return they pay off our debts and give everyone in the country a grand oh and they build us a nuclear power station in Clara

Panopticon

They're not that interested in us. Our labour is insufficiently cheap. African countries, sure, but we are not a natural vassal of China.

Disclaimer: Contrary to what may depressingly be popular opinion around here, no China has not purchased Greece and Portugal. Greece is mostly being bailed out by the EU and IMF; c.f. Ireland.

sheehan

Good idea. If that happened, the british would be the first to jump over and say "your debt is on me", but you get to watch John Gormely, he is going to beat his chest and stemp his feet when the word "nuclear" is mentioned.

stanley

No problem, get on to Kenny Ho, restaurant and take-a-way owner in Athlone, family friend of the O'Rourkes and Linihans, who is busy with the China Hub for the EU outside Athlone, he and Mammy will easily turn their hand to this problem over their nightly curry n chips.

sheehan

No problem, get on to Kenny Ho, restaurant and take-a-way owner in Athlone, family friend of the O'Rourkes and Linihans, who is busy with the China Hub for the EU outside Athlone, he and Mammy will easily turn their hand to this problem over their nightly curry n chips.
Wrong! It's going to be FG's turn. Any dynasties there? I'd rather keep the FF fellows who have been fed well over the years. The new comers will be very hungry, remember that.

Cassandra Syndrome

I would shop around the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China). Brazil have been throwing stones at the Federal Reserve's crazy QE policy of late. India and China are far removed from the megalomaniac IMF Rothschild herd. Russia is still unstable but I love their women.

Seriously they would have more to offer than the IMF and the EU. They have low debt and could help us develop our plentiful of resources.

Popular Threads

Most Replies