• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Time to test People for the potentially carcinogenic horsemeat drug "Bute"

IbrahaimMohamad

Time to test People for the potentially carcinogenic horsemeat drug "Bute"

Despite the reckless assurances given by Government Officials, that any horsemenat that entered the foodchain is safe, despite authorities not knowing where it came from, the proper course now must be to test people for traces of "Bute".

Bute whose chemical name is phenylbutazone, is a drug frequently administered to horses, and it is illegal to administer phenylbutazone to humans.

The least people, who have been decieved in eating horse meat, are entitled to is some proper assurance that they have not become contaminated or poisoned by phenylbutazone a potentially cancer agent in the human body, or that they can determine their level of contamination in order to seek appropriate medical care.

Horses treated with Bute are not fit for human consumption. It is only right that people who have been contaminated, who do not work with horses, should be identified now so they can be compensated if they suffer adverse consequences at a later date.

There is great concern in the UK about the issue so it seems that there is reason for grave concern in Ireland too.

Cancer fear as contaminated horse meat may have entered Europe from UK - UK - News - London Evening Standard

Carcinogen may have entered human food chain in horsemeat, claims Labour | Environment | The Guardian

44percent

Any costs involved in managing this crisis should be recouped by a tax across the meat processing industries.

Kev408

Apparently, a person would have to eat the entire starting line-up of the Grand National in one sitting for 'bute' to maybe have an effect.

ShoutingIsLeadership

I suspect my mother may have consumed it while pregnant with me. Hung like Red Rum.

Not too shabby myself, either.

IbrahaimMohamad

they tested all the supermarket horsemeat for bute and found none
Did they test all of the meat from the 100,000 Irish horses that disappeared over the last five years? No!

The Department of Health have not carried out any tests.

A company run by the Brother of our Agriculture Minister has been found to be using horsemeat as an ingredient.

Time for the Department of Health to take charge. If the tests prove negative great!

Last edited:

Mr. Bumble

I suspect my mother may have consumed it while pregnant with me. Hung like Red Rum.

Not too shabby myself, either.
Your mother was hung like Red Rum? You should write a book.

Sync

[video=youtube;5l3oUUUzOxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3oUUUzOxE[/video]

The Owl

Did they test all of the meat from the 100,000 Irish horses that disappeared over the last five years? No!

The Department of Health have not carried out any tests.

A company run by the Brother of our Agriculture Minister has been found to be using horsemeat as an ingredient.

Time for the Department of Health to take charge. If the tests prove negative great!
The Department for Health? Are you mad? That shower along with the HSE are dangerous. They should be issued with a Health Warning. What do you mean btw, are you serious? How could 100,000 horses have disappeared?

drummed

Time for a stewards enquiry you think bob?

an innocent abroad

Just watching RTE news now.... Why are they reporting on what the British are doing and not on what we are doing?

Keeping our heads down I see!