• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

"Times Are Changing in Politics".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radix

FloatingVoterTralee

If Martin had been acting on principle, then perhaps, but in reality, he merely didn't want FF going down to 9-10 TDs. Personally, I'd agree that the whip should be removed in relation to moral/ethical issues, but given that the precise point of the present negotiations was to avoid dissent, I can't see FG following FF's lead on this one.

jo9jo

Fair play to MM on this brave decision.

He has put it up to Kenny and Gilmore with this courageous move.

Ireland needs real leadership in this debate.
Thankfully, MM is providing it.

Messers Kenny + Gilmore - please take note.

M

MrFunkyZombaloo

I applaud the use of the free vote.

As for anything else that spluttering gobsh*te has to say... f*ck it and the horse that Cork fool rode in on.

Radix

Are Times Changing in Politics?

Today we have had the unprecedented announcement by the Leader of FF Micheál Martin TD, that his Party will allow its TDs a free vote on the forthcoming legislation by the Government.

Is this the beginning of a new departure for Irish politics in general, and should such a departure be welcomed in a changing Ireland?

Fianna Fáil to allow free vote on forthcoming abortion legislation - Oireachtas News Updates | The Irish Times - Thu, May 30, 2013

http://news.eircom.net/breakingnews/21179719/?view=Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popular Threads

Most Replies