Tiocfaidh ár flaw: Why are Sinn Féiners confused about the Palestinian flag?

Wascurito

If there's one flag the Shinners wave more than the Irish Tricolour, it's the Palestinian flag. They wave it at ard-fheiseanna and rallies and even in our national parliament.

Now, that's all fair enough if that's what their priorities are. However, one would imagine that the-correct-way-to-hold-the-Palestinian-flag would be part of the induction course for all new members.

Nope. At least not for new members in one of the largest cumainn in Northern Ireland who were recently depicted holding the Palestinian flag upside down. :shock2:

Now, I'm sure that this was all a genuine mistake by the activists but they need to realize that - in the Arab world - holding a prized symbol upside is an act of extraordinary disrespect. They just.......need to be more careful. It's time for ceanncheathrú to get involved, methinks. For the record, the black strip needs to be up. Ye can thank me some other time.

Tiocfaidh ár flaw - Sinn Féin confusion about Palestinian flag - Irish4Israel

between the bridges

Fleggers...

Wascurito

Monkey house.
This is a distasteful comment. Arabs are humans just like you and it's not too much to ask that (within reason) their traditions be respected.

The_SR

This is a distasteful comment. Arabs are humans just like you and it's not too much to ask that (within reason) their traditions be respected.
Well done. Brilliant work.

There is steam coming off this turd

Trampas

If there's one flag the Shinners wave more than the Irish Tricolour, it's the Palestinian flag. They wave it at ard-fheiseanna and rallies and even in our national parliament.

Now, that's all fair enough if that's what their priorities are. However, one would imagine that the-correct-way-to-hold-the-Palestinian-flag would be part of the induction course for all new members.

Nope. At least not for new members in one of the largest cumainn in Northern Ireland who were recently depicted holding the Palestinian flag upside down. :shock2:

Now, I'm sure that this was all a genuine mistake by the activists but they need to realize that - in the Arab world - holding a prized symbol upside is an act of extraordinary disrespect. They just.......need to be more careful. It's time for ceanncheathrú to get involved, methinks. For the record, the black strip needs to be up. Ye can thank me some other time.

I love the bit about being "vexillogically challenged".

Wascurito

I love the bit about being "vexillogically challenged".
Had to google that.

I suppose vexillologists is now a posh name for fleggers.

Between the Bridges will be delira.

midlander12

I love the Arafat scarves - almost an authentic as the upside-down flag. But hey, it's only the student society - I'm sure the adult wing of the party is much more - adult!

eoghanacht

There's 30 seconds I'll never get back.

Wascurito

I love the Arafat scarves - almost an authentic as the upside-down flag. But hey, it's only the student society - I'm sure the adult wing of the party is much more - adult!
Well....one would hope so. But then, it's hard to get these details right when one's outward attitude is an acquired ideological position as opposed to an actual personal opinion.

ne0ica

Somebody held a flag upside down and this merited:roll: a thread.

Wascurito

Somebody held a flag upside down and this merited:roll: a thread.
Says the poster who started a thread because he/she wanted to "know if there is a VB special on tonight". :lol:

raetsel

You'll be glad to hear that it's not just the PULers that are flagologically challenged.

You're rather challenged yourself I'm afraid - that is a fleggers' bonfire. If you were a bit more observant you'd have spotted that.

#should have gone to Specsavers...................................

Wascurito

You're rather challenged yourself I'm afraid - that is a fleggers' bonfire. If you were a bit more observant you'd have spotted that.

#should have gone to Specsavers...................................
That's my point :lol:

I don't know how you could have misunderstood it.

New Threads

Most Replies