Tipp v Kilkenny

constitutionus

You're right , I'm from Cork and I'm still buzzing after it. Even though I watch a lot of soccer on TV , there is simply no comparison when it comes to excitement , sportsmanship ( did you see the Tipp player trying to shake Shefflin's hand as he hobbled off injured ? ) , passion , etc. The oul garrison game is like a funeral in comparison !
im not even a huge sports fan !

i came down for a cup of tea circa 40min in - sat down - and didnt shift till it was over.

:)

ive no vested interest in either side but can appreciate skill when its on display. alot of teams wouldve coasted the last 6 min or so but it was a battle all the way till the end.

this final puts professional games ive seen in the shade.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Pity you can't conduct yourself with 1% of the dignity of Sheedy last year, or Corbett, or more especially Eoin Kelly in is speech today - he after all, knows a lot more about those Kilkenny hurlers than you do.

What did you ever achieve ?
Aww diddums.. don't like it ?

What else would you expect Eoin to say.. that he'd like to thank Tommy Walsh for all the slaps in the back of the head over the years ?

Twenty years we're listening to the Antrim crap.. well, they gave us a better game than Limerick or Waterford gave Kilkenny

They've had nothing to beat in Leinster for the last 5 years.. so they can concentrate on getting it right in September

We were robbed last year, this year we atoned for it

G'wan Tipp

Tony Soprano

Tipp beat a Kilkenny team without Shefflin. Next year ye can try and beat a full kilkenny team!!

Jack White

Aww diddums.. don't like it ?

What else would you expect Eoin to say.. that he'd like to thank Tommy Walsh for all the slaps in the back of the head over the years ?

Twenty years we're listening to the Antrim crap.. well, they gave us a better game than Limerick or Waterford gave Kilkenny

They've had nothing to beat in Leinster for the last 5 years.. so they can concentrate on getting it right in September

We were robbed last year, this year we atoned for it

G'wan Tipp
I was referring to the fact that Eoin Kelly would have known a lot of those guys for years going back. He played with St. Kieran's (Kilkenny) and won a College's All Ireland with them in '99, I think.

The point is EK is a class act, unlike yourself. Or indeed like Babs Keating who can't help himself, and who did in fact get a little clip off Eoin K in his speech.

So he said what he said about KK and certain others of his own county, quite eloquently and measured, and I think he said what he meant and meant what he said.

Maybe he's not as obsessed by tommy as you are ? I suppose he has actual achievements to focus on.

On another point of note that separates your self from anyone who actually was involved in last year's final - no-one, Sheedy or anyone else has ever made anything out of last year, or the penalty. Tipp lads I work with, who are actual club hurlers in Tipp refused to blame the loss on it.

You were not robbed last year. You threw it away. You didn't deserve it. Fact.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Tipp beat a Kilkenny team without Shefflin. Next year ye can try and beat a full kilkenny team!!
Funny, but I'd swear to Jaysus Henry Shefflin started the game.. and played for 10 minutes.. he even scored if my memory serves me correctly

Mind you, he scored as much from play off Paraic Maher this year, as he did last year when he played the whole game

Nothing

Evil Eco-Fascist

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlM0ihe7IfA]YouTube - Tipperary woman puts Kilkenny cat in bin[/ame]

Didimus

Funny, but I'd swear to Jaysus Henry Shefflin started the game.. and played for 10 minutes.. he even scored if my memory serves me correctly

Mind you, he scored as much from play off Paraic Maher this year, as he did last year when he played the whole game

Nothing
Are you the only Tipp fan who's not out dancing in the streets?
A bit sad no?

dónal na geallaí

I'm actually a fan of garrison games ,apart from cricket which i don't rate as a spectator sport.But I think hurling is in a class of its own; i just don''t know how they can see the sliotar let alone catch the thing.I wonder did J K Rowling ever see a game? Quidditch is hurling in 3D! Well done Tipp,it was no fluke.And maith agaibh KK - when the rest of us were arguing ye just went out and did it.Slán agus beannacht to a great team.

PS cricket heads - do like listening to it,havent a clue whats going on and find it curiously relaxing.Played it once and it's a hard game.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
I was referring to the fact that Eoin Kelly would have known a lot of those guys for years going back. He played with St. Kieran's (Kilkenny) and won a College's All Ireland with them in '99, I think.

The point is EK is a class act, unlike yourself. Or indeed like Babs Keating who can't help himself, and who did in fact get a little clip off Eoin K in his speech.

So he said what he said about KK and certain others of his own county, quite eloquently and measured, and I think he said what he meant and meant what he said.

Maybe he's not as obsessed by tommy as you are ? I suppose he has actual achievements to focus on.

On another point of note that separates your self from anyone who actually was involved in last year's final - no-one, Sheedy or anyone else has ever made anything out of last year, or the penalty. Tipp lads I work with, who are actual club hurlers in Tipp refused to blame the loss on it.

You were not robbed last year. You threw it away. You didn't deserve it. Fact.
Have a look again, and take note of what the commentary says

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKm1RvmEh3w&feature=related]YouTube - Henry Shefflin Penalty : All Ireland Hurling Final 2009 : Kilkenny v Tipperary[/ame]

Didimus

Plans made, enjoying my beers.. online rising the KK heads
You have to plan an instantaneous outbreak of joyful celebration?
Step away from the keyboard, go outside ,shout gwan Tipp in your loudest voice, and keep the smallness buried underneath the generousity that should come with the joy at such a great victory.
Ye won for God's sake - is that better than Kilkenny losing?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
You have to plan an instantaneous outbreak of joyful celebration?
Step away from the keyboard, go outside ,shout gwan Tipp in your loudest voice, and keep the smallness buried underneath the generousity that should come with the joy at such a great victory.
Ye won for God's sake - is that better than Kilkenny losing?

Of course it is.. the plans revolve around waiting for some friends to get back from the match as due to some things I had to sort out at home, I couldn't get there myself.. but t'will be a long night

*grins*

And of course winning is better than Kilkenny losing.. would be no fun if they lost to anyone else.. we wouldn't be able to remind them of how they have history in getting the willies when they see the blue and gold

32 All Irelands.. but only 4 against Tipp... Drive that Cody

Amach na Casca

Kilkenny couldn't handle Corbett today, and Eoin Kelly was a class act as usual. Plus Tipp have an even stronger bench than Kilkenny these days, especially Callanan who made an immediate impact. Fully deserved win, they should have won last year, and its no suprise to me that they won it this year. Expect Tipp and Kilkenny to be scrapping it out for the honours in the next few years, and Tipp who have a younger team might just have the edge. Kilkennys dominance in hurling is offically over. A great day for hurling!

Didimus

some things I had to sort out at home, I couldn't get there myself.. but t'will be a long night
WTMI.
I'm not looking for an explanation or indeed an excuse.
This is a battle between smallRock and bigRock.
The pebble is in danger of eclipsing the rock.

pinemartin

Ha, drive for five my hole

G'wan Tipp.. put them upstarts in their places

And five in a row ?

Two were against Limerick and Waterford, who didn't bother turning up, and the ref won last years on for them giving away a penalty when we were on top, and not dealing with the little cheating boll**ks that Tommy Walsh is

The won one, and were handed three.. and today, were handed their ar*es to them

Do I sound bitter.. hell yeah.. maybe they'll shut up about our win against Antrim in '89 now... 21 years is a long time to hold a grudge, but permit me.. I have to find a chisel to get the smile off my face

G'wan Tipp
victorious but bitter, its a bad mix.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies