Tken Down: Propaganda masquerading as drama

Lagertha

My mother brought this up the other day and was talking about how awful it is that so many asylum seekers spend so many years in Direct Provision. I really couldn't believe how bloody naive she was and pointed out to her that the reason they're here for years is because they've been told multiple times that they aren't entitled to asylum but won't fook off back home and are here for years costing us a fortune before we even factor in the legal fees side of things.

Lagertha

What I'm talking about is the amount of abuse going on in these centres. In ten years time you'll all be squealing 'we never knew'!

The government is using these DPCs as dustbins - if someone is denied asylum then ship them out.
If life in Direct Provision was so bad they'd go home. Enough liberal nonsense thanks. A life on dole in Ireland with your rent subsidised is more than most migrants posing as asylum seekers would ever earn back home. There are no direct flights from Africa to Ireland and none of the African asylum seekers should be here. Africa is an enormous continent and a lot easier and cheaper to relocate and start a new life in than flying to an island in the Atlantic. Why do they come here? Because we're a soft effing touch with idiots who believe their scam artist horse sh1t. Seriously, crap like my daddy is a king in our village and my life is at risk. Fook away off back home.

Disillusioned democrat

My mother brought this up the other day and was talking about how awful it is that so many asylum seekers spend so many years in Direct Provision. I really couldn't believe how bloody naive she was and pointed out to her that the reason they're here for years is because they've been told multiple times that they aren't entitled to asylum but won't fook off back home and are here for years costing us a fortune before we even factor in the legal fees side of things.
Sadly it's because of those legal fees that the system is allowed continue on its dysfunctional journey.

A few years back - in the middle of us having to borrow to fund day-to-day expenses - there was a well connected firm of solicitors (fine FF family if memory serves correct) "earning" well over €1m a year from representing asylum seekers during appeals.

As long as there are big crumbs falling off the table for the "right" people the system won't change.

There are people who have no problem with the state wasting €1bn if they're getting a 0.01% cut.

recedite

Below from the Indo

In 2007, Spain stood for the Dáil in Dublin Mid West, where her opponents included the then Tánaiste Mary Harney and future Tánaiste Frances Fitzgerald. She performed well and won 3,462 votes but was eliminated on the fourth count.
Hugely disappointed at the time, she now regards her defeat as a blessing in disguise.
"I just wasn't cut out to be a TD. I hated going to public meetings and being the centre of attention.
"I'm very much a 'live and let live' sort of person, so I found it really difficult when people wanted to argue with me."
Instead, Spain went to work in Leinster House as an economic advisor to Sinn Féin's finance spokesman Pearse Doherty. Her period there coincided with Ireland's EU/IMF bailout, which made for an extremely gruelling workload.
When her husband lost his job during the recession, she began writing for a couple of hours every evening purely as a way to earn some extra cash.

- crime write Jo Spain on her latest book The Confession - Independent.ie

She's a Shinner!

This is Propaganda TV!

Propaganda is not a Country in Africa

- but what RTE pump out on your TV screen each evening...
Although Spain remains close to some people in Sinn Féin (The Confession is dedicated to the late Martin McGuinness), she has now left politics behind for good. Thinking up gruesome ways to kill people, it seems, is just what she was born to do - no matter how much it might occasionally disturb those around her.
Favourite pastime;Thinking up gruesome ways to kill people.
Favourite political party; Sinn Fein.
Hmm...

mulligan

Propaganda is working clearly.

redneck

I did'nt like the later versions of "Love/Hate" as I felt that they glamourized Dublin Gangland. I am not a fan of Amy Huberman also. So I don't like the RTE drama seeming obsession with her.
Taken Down- well I have not seen it.

stopdoingstuff

Before I bother having a look, does anyone get their tits out?

Telstar 62

Didn't see the programme - but Direct Provision is an abomination.

It's literally government-sponsored racism.

Let the people work and make a contribution, ffs.

Sure, Carolan is your usual luvvie leftist ( very fond of Arabs/Muslims and probably 'Palestine' )
but he's not wrong on Direct Provision.

As to whether it's entertaining, I may get a chance to see some of it at a later stage.

Angular Merkel

If life in Direct Provision was so bad they'd go home. Enough liberal nonsense thanks. A life on dole in Ireland with your rent subsidised is more than most migrants posing as asylum seekers would ever earn back home. There are no direct flights from Africa to Ireland and none of the African asylum seekers should be here. Africa is an enormous continent and a lot easier and cheaper to relocate and start a new life in than flying to an island in the Atlantic. Why do they come here? Because we're a soft effing touch with idiots who believe their scam artist horse sh1t. Seriously, crap like my daddy is a king in our village and my life is at risk. Fook away off back home.
Giving this a Like

Lagertha

Didn't see the programme - but Direct Provision is an abomination.

It's literally government-sponsored racism.

Let the people work and make a contribution, ffs.

Sure, Carolan is your usual luvvie leftist ( very fond of Arabs/Muslims and probably 'Palestine' )
but he's not wrong on Direct Provision.

As to whether it's entertaining, I may get a chance to see some of it at a later stage.
It's not an abomination. What is an abomination is that Direct Provision is mostly full of people who are economic migrants and not genuine asylum seekers. Most of them are there so long because they keep appealing. Many of them are illiterate. Where do we house them? What work will they do? Who wants to employ illiterate innumerate people who may very well be terrorists or who may have committed atrocities like rape and murder back home? Our asylum laws have been abused for years now. We are literally chauffeuring Africans from our airports to Direct Provision, providing them with a roof over their heads, 3 meals a day, clothes on their backs, medical cards, free travel passes and free medical treatment as well as education.

When they are given asylum here they get to bring their parents here and the elderly are entitled to a full Irish pension yet an Irish person who is has worked most of their lives but who is short a few stamps won't be entitled to a full pension. Fook all of the African asylum seekers back home and spend the money on the people of Ireland I'm sick and fooking tired of these parasites.

Levellers

Fook all of the African asylum seekers back home and spend the money on the people of Ireland I'm sick and fooking tired of these parasites.
We all know you don't like black people. I bet you were furious when Paul McGrath started playing for Ireland.

fifilawe

this programme was probably sanctioned by the same genius who thinks Amie Who? Berman is a talented writer and deserves to have her dross afflicted on the country.I'd rather if RTÉ ran a Movies4Men type of schedule , thrillers,westerns including spaghetti badly dubbed westerns than produce "Muck as this one is".I don't watch any series on RTÉ including that overrated,overhyped dross Love/Hate.I'd rather watch paint drying and listen to jacdaws calling on the roof.

Clanrickard

We are literally chauffeuring Africans from our airports to Direct Provision, providing them with a roof over their heads, 3 meals a day, clothes on their backs, medical cards, free travel passes and free medical treatment as well as education.
Not true as even a basic google search could have told you.

When they are given asylum here they get to bring their parents here and the elderly are entitled to a full Irish pension yet an Irish person who is has worked most of their lives but who is short a few stamps won't be entitled to a full pension.
Link to back his up?

Fook all of the African asylum seekers back home and spend the money on the people of Ireland I'm sick and fooking tired of these parasites.
There is little thing called responsibility. We have it towards those fleeing persecution and death. Genuine ones.

Degeneration X

I don't know if anyone watched this last night but if you did I'd like to know your thoughts. For me it was thinly disguised leftists open borders type propaganda. The poor immigrants are living in direct provision and it is portrayed as awful with the manger played by Brian Gleeson who is bumbling and absent minded. All the male Guards are racist boors and all the female Guards are nice thoughtful and intelligent. The main female Guard has a suitably right on working class Dublin accent. The good guys and bad guys are paper cut out characters. Is these really the best RTE can do? Needless to say the IT loved it Taken Down: New crime drama puts direct provision in the dock The "review" starts with ................ And to think this poor man's BBC is looking for more of your hard earned Euro. :mad2:
It's pretty weak source and I think these guys were one hit wonders with Love/Hate, imho.

Catalpast

Link to back his up?

There is little thing called responsibility. We have it towards those fleeing persecution and death. Genuine ones.
Genuine ones don't have to make it to Ireland before they can claim Asylum

Lagertha

We all know you don't like black people. I bet you were furious when Paul McGrath started playing for Ireland.
Then you've got it wrong. I don't dislike black people. There are aspects of black culture, which are comparable with Traveler culture, that I don't like. I've no interest in football or Paul McGrath. You really are bad at this.

Lagertha

Link to back his up?

Oh pull the other one. They are scam artists and you know it. All the virtue signalling in the world won't change that but all that really matters to people like you is the likes that you get for your posts and the backslapping you and your pals do in Starbucks over a soy latte congratulating each other on how ''woke'' you all are.

Orbit v2

Then you've got it wrong. I don't dislike black people. There are aspects of black culture, which are comparable with Traveler culture, that I don't like. I've no interest in football or Paul McGrath. You really are bad at this.
What would those aspects be ?