• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

To arthur

pinemartin

the demon drink and irish people
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK1jUW30jEQ]YouTube - Arthur's Day 2011 Promo[/ame]

Cael

Herd animals.

pinemartin

Jaysus - That is bad branding for the lads at Guinness
well its pretty cynical exercise in the first place. it is just a ploy to sell more grog. Anyone that thinks that it is anything other than that need their head examined. I see people getting into it and wonder about the mentality of actually believing the hype when you cant tell the difference between a marketing exercise and a national celebration. I also see Guinness emblazoned on the national flag, that should be banned.

ItsEvolution

what a bunch of morons, the garda should have sent in the heavies they'd soon clear them.

Iarmhi Gael

I also see Guinness emblazoned on the national flag, that should be banned.
Agreed 110%

From a pure marketing and PR exercise Arthur's Day has been a global success - That is until you have to take Guinness brand outside the comfort zone it operates in and gives ownership to viral images such as this, which is uncontrollable as the end users become part of the brand on a global scale.

I'm sure the lads at Guinness will not like this at all.

This was the first Guinness global ad campaign ever carried out by the company btw. Will be interesting to see how this works itself out

Highking

Have to agree it is a cynical ploy to sell more drink, reminds me very much of the episode of the Simpsons where the card companies invent "love day" to sell leftover valentines day crap

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Liberalism.. f**k.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhT0aft0n8]YouTube - Keith getting hit[/ame]

Also:

Just a reminder again..

To Authurrrr... state of the nation here

http://wthax.org/video/arthursday.html

Last edited:

hmmm

Instead of the guards dealing with the limited number of public order offences, I'm sure next year we'll have calls for this event to be banned. Cop out politicking and policing.

splashy

Instead of the guards dealing with the limited number of public order offences, I'm sure next year we'll have calls for this event to be banned. Cop out politicking and policing.
Never mind the Tartar Day nonsense; this is pure Irish: inventing a hypothetical problem and complaining about it.

Karnak

That first video has been taken down on Youtube. Seems to still be working as of right now on p.ie.

As someone who finds the concept of marketers inventing a booze-driven holiday extremely crass, I managed to laugh out loud whilst being simultaneously disgusted.

I really hope it goes viral.

Ah Well

Pretty brave Gardai in that Vid walking down there tbh .. the chances of getting a bottle or pint glass across the back of the head thrown by some hammered galoot wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility

Santos

Yes it is a marketing ploy, so what? What do we expect from business? It brings tops artists to the country and is a boost to local economies in these difficult times. As for the videos above, you would see the same after any sports event/concert/paddy's day/sat nite! This is not the fault of Guiness, it is a cultural problem.

Popular Threads

Most Replies