• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Today is a Privilege day for some.

commonman

Off work today like many in the public services because i am given a day holidays its referred as a privilege day
Why we get it i dont know but we take it,told my Daughter this morning she was on her way to work in the retail sector she could not believe it when i told her, she will get monday off bank holiday like every one else, but had to work late last night thursday and tonight friday night to make up, from one extreme to the other.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Another 'special case' syndrome.

Tweek

All public services I've interacted with are open today, bar one it seems (although they're crap at answering the phone anyway so I dunno).

I, however, in the private sector, am off.

Actually appears to be more of an Irish-owned private sector day off these days as my siblings working in multinationals are in, but everyone I know in an Irish non-retail company is off...

RobertW

Go and tell your boss that you're prepared to work overtime to make up the difference.

EoinMag

I am working for a multinational, they want us in as it's a normal day globally, that said the EMEA market is not calling in today. Because I am working I get a day in lieu for the day.
They did not wish us to make this known to colleagues around the world also working for us.

ruserious

Relax and go for a pint.
Oh wait.

onlyasking

All public services I've interacted with are open today, bar one it seems (although they're crap at answering the phone anyway so I dunno).

I, however, in the private sector, am off.

Actually appears to be more of an Irish-owned private sector day off these days as my siblings working in multinationals are in, but everyone I know in an Irish non-retail company is off...
You idiot - get back on message. Public sector = evil etc etc....

onlyasking

I am working for a multinational, they want us in as it's a normal day globally, that said the EMEA market is not calling in today. Because I am working I get a day in lieu for the day.
They did not wish us to make this known to colleagues around the world also working for us.
Stop this stuff. How can we berate public sector workers with stuff like this....

Astral Peaks

Ditto, normal working day for me (US MNC), but no day in lieu.
Our EMEA clients seem to be working normally, but Irish service contractors are all shut it appears.

We have a wire guidance system in our pallet racking down, cannot get a technician till Tuesday AM, so two aisles in the warehouse have to be picked from by hand, even at height. Cannot lift out full pallets.

EoinMag

Stop this stuff. How can we berate public sector workers with stuff like this....

Oh, at a guess I'd say there are other things you could find pretty handy.

EoinMag

Ditto, normal working day for me (US MNC), but no day in lieu.
Our EMEA clients seem to be working normally, but Irish service contractors are all shut it appears.

We have a wire guidance system in our pallet racking down, cannot get a technician till Tuesday AM, so two aisles in the warehouse have to be picked from by hand, even at height. Cannot lift out full pallets.

I work a lot with Germans, they practically shut the country down this week.

Hardball

In the construction industry Good Friday and all of next week have been a traditional holiday in our industry for as long as I can remember.

Won't be starting back until Tuesday week :)

sparkey321

Im in Singapore and its a public holiday here but all that means is a boom day for the retail sector...

controller

Australia shuts down for the day

Tea Party Patriot

Off work today like many in the public services because i am given a day holidays its referred as a privilege day
Why we get it i dont know but we take it,told my Daughter this morning she was on her way to work in the retail sector she could not believe it when i told her, she will get monday off bank holiday like every one else, but had to work late last night thursday and tonight friday night to make up, from one extreme to the other.
The privilege days literally go back to pre independence when a lot of the senior civil servants were English. They were at Christmas and Easter to give them them a chance to visit their folks on the mainland.

Of course try telling that to a union in Ireland!

They are however (to the best of my knowledge) not part of the deal for new entrants.

RobertW

The privilege days literally go back to pre independence when a lot of the senior civil servants were English. They were at Christmas and Easter to give them them a chance to visit their folks on the mainland.

Of course try telling that to a union in Ireland!

They are however (to the best of my knowledge) not part of the deal for new entrants.
That's bs. . . They're religious festivals . .