Today is #BlackWomensEqualPay Day, when Black women's pay finally catches up to what white men made in 2016.

silverharp

Today is #BlackWomensEqualPay Day, when Black women's pay finally catches up to what white men made in 2016.

not sure whether to check my privilege or give it a good old slap on the back. An infographic by the ACLU without any context has me convinced. when will this outrageous situation end???? when???
Maybe there is another side of the story but I presume the ACLU would have stated it, has they havnt there mustn't be.

Mick Mac

not sure whether to check my privilege or give it a good old slap on the back. An infographic by the ACLU without any context has me convinced. when will this outrageous situation end???? when???
Maybe there is another side of the story but I presume the ACLU would have stated it, has they havnt there mustn't be.

In Ireland or is this American centric ?

Watcher2

Do black women get paid the same as whitewomen or are we seeing the layering of discrimination?

Are they comparing the same jobs and experience and industry and skills or just lumping all working black women regardless of job, getting a total and comparing that total to the salaries earned by white men and screeching "discrimination"?

Banjo Baker

Why are these creepers so hell bent on creating division and strife between the races and the two genders.

They're not stupid. They know full well what their propagating is BS so why are they doing it?

Mercurial

Do black women get paid the same as whitewomen or are we seeing the layering of discrimination?

Are they comparing the same jobs and experience and industry and skills or just lumping all working black women regardless of job, getting a total and comparing that total to the salaries earned by white men and screeching "discrimination"?
Do you suspect that maybe black women are just inherently predisposed to work in lower-paying jobs?

mangaire2

I think that black women in Ireland should demand equal pay to white women in Ireland,
as i'm sure that they don't get equal pay at present.

Orbit v2

I see a post on twitter pointing out that more black women go to college in the US than any other group including white males. So, it can't be attributed to a lack of education...

I think you'd have to look at the courses they are studying before you come to that conclusion.

Sister Mercedes

I bet when Montrose finally release their pay numbers,this woman from the Angelus won't be in the top 10. Though she's the only woman of African ethnicity I can think of in their primetime schedule ..

Hunter-Gatherer

will we lodge a complaint about the relative lack of white men in the 100 metres sprint at the olympics ? its all a great big conspiracy you know. Lets start with equalising pay levels at Radio na Gaeltachta.

GDPR

Why is it white men, not white women?
Because a) They don't want to piss off white women, being women is important, they being white is no more than an inconvenience in this context.

and b) They have two reasons to piss off white men, 1, they're white and 2, they're men.

Yeehaw!, as they say in the ACLU or com'on the Merc for short.

Watcher2

Do you suspect that maybe black women are just inherently predisposed to work in lower-paying jobs?
Welcome back.

To your question, I simply don't know. I am merely asking the question because it has been shown from the discussions about women vs men pay gaps that women do indeed work in lower paid industries than men so ultimately, on aggregate, the statistics will show that women are paid less than men. The result is then portrayed as though women in the same jobs get paid less than their male counterparts.

Watcher2

I see a post on twitter pointing out that more black women go to college in the US than any other group including white males. So, it can't be attributed to a lack of education...

I think you'd have to look at the courses they are studying before you come to that conclusion.
Surely that cant be. What about white privilege....not to mention male privilege. There must surely be another category now too of white male privilege.

Watcher2

will we lodge a complaint about the relative lack of white men in the 100 metres sprint at the olympics ? its all a great big conspiracy you know. Lets start with equalising pay levels at Radio na Gaeltachta.

Get the quotas out.

Sweet Darling

Why are these creepers so hell bent on creating division and strife between the races and the two genders.

They're not stupid. They know full well what their propagating is BS so why are they doing it?
Because of the crap standard of jurno being turned up by the jurno schools all around the place, They just cut and paste everything without checking for facts.

Sweet Darling

:D
Welcome back.

To your question, I simply don't know. I am merely asking the question because it has been shown from the discussions about women vs men pay gaps that women do indeed work in lower paid industries than men so ultimately, on aggregate, the statistics will show that women are paid less than men. The result is then portrayed as though women in the same jobs get paid less than their male counterparts.
They also work less hours, pull more sickies, and take more Holidays. which all contribute to earning less over a working life time.
Lazy cows;)

Hunter-Gatherer

Most privileged group on the planet are Middleclass white females.
yup. All this fuss about equal earning. Who can beat the disposable income of middleClass white women ? lets campaign for equal spend across all demographic groups.

everybody knows the council estates that order takeaway delivery 7 nights a week and all have 100 inch Samsung telly hanging on the wall.

benroe

:D

They also work less hours, pull more sickies, and take more Holidays. which all contribute to earning less over a working life time.
Lazy cows;)
They are also less likely to work overtime, less inclined to ask for a raise and less likely to take on a dangerous job.

We have equality of opportunity but women have to address these issues if they want equality of outcome.

Mercurial

Welcome back.

This is a common misunderstanding of the issue, which is not that women are paid less than men for doing identical work (though that can happen), but that society is structured in such a way that the work that women do does not tend to be valued as highly as the work that men do.

New Threads

Most Replies