• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Today's Examiner / Neil Prendeville

cricket

Just can't for the moment provide a link , but a truly shocking story about the Cork shock jock and his behaviour on an Aer Lingus flight in today's paper. I'd say nasal congestion or some such will prevent him going on air today.

Sync

Yeah it's up here I heard them speaking about it on Newstalk this morning: Aer Lingus to complain radio host

AER LINGUS is in the process of making a formal complaint to gardaí following an incident in which high-profile radio presenter Neil Prendeville exposed himself in public view on a flight between London and Cork.

As the jet taxied for take-off Mr Prendeville was seen to expose himself and masturbate as he sat in his seat. Mr Prendeville was seated in the front row of the aircraft facing two air hostesses. He was flanked by a female passenger to his right in a window seat and a male passenger to his left in an aisle seat.

Since the incident Mr Prendeville left a voice message on the telephone of the young woman who was sitting beside him, in which he said: "I just wanted to apologise to you for any offence that I might have caused you." He said he had no recollection of the incident and that when he was told about it he was "shocked and horrified". "I have no recollection whatsoever. I’m in shock, you know, I really am. I took some Nurofen Plus alright, I know that, for my neck. And as you know, with me anyway there was pints and wine and stuff and Jesus I don’t know where I’d begin to make it up to you," he said on the voicemail.
My first thought was that the young lady must be known to him. If not and he got her phone number through Aer Lingus then someone needs to be fired.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Uh oh.

Now that's a career staller. Don't think anyone will ask for the mayo at his restaurant again.

DaveMc

Looking forward to today's show.
He is always first in line to dance on other peoples graves.

Carpet, sweep and under spring to mind.

wexfordman

Jesus!! Always thought we was a bit of a wonker:)

DaveMc

I take back what i posted eariler about sweeping the matter under the carpet.
He came on air for the 9 news and faced it like a man.
Feel very sorry for his kids though.

thejuggler

They had a statement from him on the news at 9 saying that his employers have given him breathing space at this difficult time. Sounded very contrite.

Mondo

Thanks.

Can't get their realplayer working abroad.

Looks like he's really messed things up on himself ....errr.

A view from England

I'd bet if he was an ordinary man off the street he would be incarcerated by now. No excuses. He should be charged. What on earth were Aer Lingus thinking not to have had the Garda waiting for him?

hoppermcg

perv

Yeah it's up here I heard them speaking about it on Newstalk this morning: Aer Lingus to complain radio host

My first thought was that the young lady must be known to him. If not and he got her phone number through Aer Lingus then someone needs to be fired.
after all his talk about lowlifes and scumbags he goes and masterbates on a plane full of people and blames nurofen plus, what a gobsh**e

DaveMc

Look at the ‘untouchables’ he was with?
Laws are like taxes, they are for the ‘little people’

Really can’t see how his radio show or bar / restaurant could survive this.

Mondo

Yes, Gardai should have been called and waiting for him.

He must have been in some state at the airport - how was he even allowed to board.

I do feel sorry for his family.
But what about the poor woman next to him?

Sync

I remember a few years ago I was travelling to Asia with friends, and one of them was absolutely terrified of flying. So she did what a lot of people do, crush a bunch of valium and take some vodka before you get on the flight.

Except we get delayed an hour before we get on the plane. So she's wandering around and ends up having a conversation with a magazine rack for about 10 minutes until Security come over for her.

So I can see this more than likely kills his career, but I've a lot of sympathy for him. Yes he shouldn't have mixed his drugs and alcohol, but lots of people do it. You just can't anticipate what effect doing it at 20,000 feet will have on you.

Popular Threads

Most Replies