Toireasa Ferris should stand in Kerry South

Weesix

After her stint as Chairperson of the council and a successful euro campaign that doubled her party vote I dont have tallies for that region but my inclination is that she would shake up a new interest in Sinn Fein in a way that others arent. She is going to waste in the party and from someone who has some knowledge of big time politics I am amazed at this rubbish of Adams going to Louth to save his leadership because Doherty would be in the Dail and could steal the attention away from him and probably the leadership position. Dont tell me that Adams would be better for Louth than Arthur Morgan or Tomas Sharkey.

Toireasa is in my opinion the most interesting person in Irish politics and I have met her considerably. In my opinion this girl attracts and somebody needs to wake up this party that she should be more in the attention and possibly a senate replacement as a prelude to a South Kerry election.

Last edited:

Tiernanator

After her stint as Chairperson of the council and a successful euro campaign that doubled her party vote I dont have tallies for that region but my inclination is that she would shake up a new interest in Sinn Fein in a way that others arent. She is going to waste in the party and from someone who has some knowledge of big time politics I am amazed at this rubbish of Adams going to Louth to save his leadership because Doherty would be in the Dail and could steal the attention away from him and probably the leadership position. Dont tell me that Adams would be better for Louth than Arthur Morgan or Tomas Sharkey.

Toireasa is in my opinion and I have met her considerably. In my opinion this girl attracts and unless sombody wakes up this stupid party she should be more in the attention and possibly a senate replacement as a prelude to a south kerry election.
Totally agree with much of what you say. Toireasa is a star, a good woman and a real advocate for working people. I hope Sinn Féin do put her forward for greater things. Makes me wonder if we had not got civil war politics and the national question where many of my party would find a home politically. I think Labour would probably be Toireasa's home. Personally I long for the day a true left/right rebalancing happens in Ireland. While the national question is and always will be important to me and many members of Sinn Féin, class is and always will be my main political compass. Good post.

Weesix

The issues affecting Kerry as a whole are very similiar to Donegal especially because of location and coastal needs. Herself and Pearse are the star performers and she is top stuff.

Toireasa is in my opinion the most interesting person in Irish politics and I have met her considerably. In my opinion this girl attracts and somebody needs to wake up this stupid party that she should be more in the attention and possibly a senate replacement as a prelude to a South Kerry election.
God's sake Weesix, she is not a girl, no more than Pearse Morgan is a "boy". She is a highly intelligent woman.

I hate that shlte.

S

SeamusNapoleon

Oh sh*te... just you wait till mickdotcom gets wind of this thread :-(

Weesix

youre sinking....here's more napoleon ..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SehTGt1jDE]YouTube - Viva Palestina set to leave Syria for Egypt.[/ame]

Kerrygold

I suggested a few years back that she should run in 2007 in Kerry South in preparation for the eventual creation of a Kerry 5 seater. SF didn't take my advice!
And for good reason too.

While I would partly agree with the sentiment behind the op, I would suggest Toireasa's main focus would be helping to ensure we retain the seat in North Kerry and West Limerick.

While the tallies from the EU election showed her polling well in south kerry, ahead of Sean Kelly in much of it, it would be foolish to believe that it would transfer into a general election vote. South Kerry is very much parish pump territory and may not respond well to a 'blow in'.

disgruntledcitizen

And for good reason too.

While I would partly agree with the sentiment behind the op, I would suggest Toireasa's main focus would be helping to ensure we retain the seat in North Kerry and West Limerick.

While the tallies from the EU election showed her polling well in south kerry, ahead of Sean Kelly in much of it, it would be foolish to believe that it would transfer into a general election vote. South Kerry is very much parish pump territory and may not respond well to a 'blow in'.
and how is that different to north kerry or louth for that matter?

Weesix

And for good reason too.

just did a search and she hasnt been on rte since 14 dec 2009 almost a year. what an ignorant waste of such a talent. send her in and demonstrate confidence and expansion. it worked for fg last time and with pearse set to win and top the poll in donegal south west there is every reason to believe she can at least put sf in kerry south to 3000 votes and possibly some council seats in future. the red c indicates a tide in sf favour and cautiousness will see you go flat very quickly.

Weesix

exactly why you should go up against the wall in front of a firing squad...are you availiable most days???

Halo

Toireasa is in my opinion the most interesting person in Irish politics and I have met her considerably. In my opinion this girl attracts and somebody needs to wake up this party that she should be more in the attention and possibly a senate replacement as a prelude to a South Kerry election.
I agree completely with this. I really believe she would have a decent chance of getting a seat as she did poll well in that part of kerry in the euros. I have always deemed her and doherty as the some of the best young talent in the party, why then is she not getting the push?
As for Adams, he's a disaster and could possibly ruin the election campaign in the south for them.

kerryind

lads the tan war is that whats being discussed here no wonder were screwed in this country, She wont get elected in south kerry for he simple fact that shes from ardfert she nots from south kerry end of story

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies