• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Tolerance Survey: Neighbour of different race attitudes. Africa,India, Far East most racist

Lonewolfe

Does that indicate racism or honesty?

I know from having lived in Canada that they're sh1t scared to be seen as racist. That doesn't mean many of them aren't racists and I heard some racist views expressed.

EUrJokingMeRight

It's because Iranian & Indian women are some of the most beautiful women in the world.

Their husbands might be worried that they'd like a bit of strange!

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Would love to see this by race and borough and then by income for the UK.

Mr. Bumble

The level of racism in a country can be affected by many factors such as education, exposure to other races, geography etc. It's quite a simplistic piece of research.

The OD

I live in a detached house because I don't like anyone living next door to me irrespective of their race.

They might report the screaming......

Politics matters

I'm not surprised by the Indians, they come to the West and expose their very snobby mentality. The thing is, they have nothing to be snobby about, given that their country is a dump.

Mr. Bumble

I'm not surprised by the Indians, they come to the West and expose their very snobby mentality. The thing is, they have nothing to be snobby about, given that their country is a dump.
How long did you live in India?

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
The indians have internal migration problems, its not clear if they might mean people from other ethnic groups within India.

To your point on snobbery a lot of indians think they invented everything already, they had nuclear weapons developed some of them think as there are stories of mass destruction in their old scriptures for instance. Indians do I notice stick together in their work environments, when they are in a multiethnic workplace.

The OD

Really? I know plenty of Indians and they are pretty nice and tolerant people. The more fundamentalist Hindus might be bit more racist than usual but I've never met one (or at least one who identified as being fundamentalist).

I do kind of agree with your comment about the country being a dump, how many multinationals have treated it like one? Bhopal springs to mind.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Ireland wasn't polled, and if those six counties show up blue, then that result is a big, big lie.

And so is Pakistan's response a lie. At least the French and Indians are honest.
Brazil looks like a multiracial success story, I would like to hear a Brazilians take on this though - I would say there is a lot more to that story.

Politics matters

How long did you live in India?
From Indians that I have met and from what I have heard they come across as being up their own arse. I'm talking about the educated Indians, you know the ones who benefit from the caste system in that country.

derryman

Ireland wasn't polled, and if those six counties show up blue, then that result is a big, big lie.

And so is Pakistan's response a lie. At least the French and Indians are honest.
And do you think Australia is correctly represented?

derryman

From Indians that I have met and from what I have heard they come across as being up their own arse. I'm talking about the educated Indians, you know the ones who benefit from the caste system in that country.
Which way are those footsteps going?

pragmaticapproach

The indians have internal migration problems, its not clear if they might mean people from other ethnic groups within India.

To your point on snobbery a lot of indians think they invented everything already, they had nuclear weapons developed some of them think as there are stories of mass destruction in their old scriptures for instance. Indians do I notice stick together in their work environments, when they are in a multiethnic workplace.
I find the history of the Indian subcontinent very interesting. As you probably already know, their belief systems share quite a good deal in common with the pre-Christian spirituality of Europe, due to the common origin of the Indo Europeans/ Indo Aryans.

Also, they dealt with an Islamic onslaught and managed to drive out the Muslim invaders with a ferocity equal to that of the reconquista on the iberian peninsula, although they werent completely successful, as we see today with Pakistan.

Last edited: