Tom Delay convicted. UPDATE: Three years jail term

Sync

A nice little present for the Dems at thanksgiving. He's in line for jail time, and quite rightly so.

Ó Donnchadha

Yes it looks like Tom is going to the can. It seems to have taken such a long time.
Maybe they should just put a fence around washington and call it a prison.

owedtojoy

Apparently, he could get up to 99 years ... he should get at least 5.

Delay was the author of the K Street Strategy - any lobbyist firm who wanted to get breaks from Republicans had to hire Republicans only. It was a clear intention to have a Republican party indistinguishable from and totally responsive to big business and the wealthy elite.

He was also a friend of the corrupt lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

Don't be under any illusions - the Delay mentality still runs the Republican party.

reknaw

A spell in the hoosegow for a big-time hypocrite - couldn't happen to a more deserving guy! I hope he soon drops the soap.:lol::lol::lol:

Ó Donnchadha

Apparently, he could get up to 99 years ... he should get at least 5.

Delay was the author of the K Street Strategy - any lobbyist firm who wanted to get breaks from Republicans had to hire Republicans only. It was a clear intention to have a Republican party indistinguishable from and totally responsive to big business and the wealthy elite.

He was also a friend of the corrupt lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

Don't be under any illusions - the Delay mentality still runs the Republican party.
Lets see if Democrat Charlie Rangel gets the same treatment.

msteiner

Yeah, I just heard about this. I don't care if you're a Republican or a Democrat, because quite frankly it really doesn't matter. We need to get rid of the corruption that infests this political system. Out with DeLay and out with Rangel. Boy would I be happy to see Rangel in jail for life. That would make my day!

Abacus

Any lessons in all this for the politicians of the Emerald Isle ?

reknaw

Yep. Don't emigrate to the States - stay put where you're safe from prosecution.
LOL. Almost the same comment from you and me. Must be something to that saying about great minds thinking alike and fools seldom differing ...:):):)

He3

Former US House Republican Leader Tom DeLay has been sentenced to three years in prison on conspiracy charges.

The Texas politician was convicted of conspiring to funnel corporate campaign contributions to legislative races in Texas, in violation of state law.

DeLay resigned as House Majority leader five years ago, after his indictment. A Texas jury found him guilty of money laundering and conspiracy in November.

DeLay has called the case a political vendetta.
BBC News - Republican Tom DeLay sentenced to three years in prison

Could never happen here.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies