Tom Kitt paid son's record label for secretarial work

Barnacle

Apologies if there is another thread on this, I searched but could not find any.

The Sunday Times is reporting that Tom Kitt paid he son's record lable €17k from Public Funds for secretarial services. Now you might ask yourself the same question I did, What has a record company got to do with secretarial services? Well, their Memos & Articles state that the purpose to carry on business is "Advisers, consultants, contractors... programmers, systems analysts and technicians in relation to information technology, computer software... and also music solution and other related activities".

Basically, the Memos are standard.

In 2009, the payment was €11,566.80, the balance was paid in 2008. Under the vouched parliamentary assistant scheme (which was the scheme which Grizzly Concepts was employed), the maximum that can be provided is €11,591.

Tom Kitt said he employed his son (Thomas) to do administrative work in his constituency office after being 'abruptly' removed as chief whip by Brian Cowen in 2008 when elected taoiseach. He said "When I left the chief whip's office I went from having six staff to just one and I was under a lot of pressure and I employed Thomas on a temporary basis to work for me. He has a bachelor's degree in computing and is a great multi-tasker. He was of great help in modernising my computer systems to help deal with emails."

Outlander

£17k to set up his Outlook and Blackberry - the lad must be a high flying genius.

gijoe

The wife was a director of the company as well.

controller

In 2009, the payment was €11,566.80, the balance was paid in 2008. Under the vouched parliamentary assistant scheme (which was the scheme which Grizzly Concepts was employed), the maximum that can be provided is €11,591.
Wasn't Mr. Kitt lucky that he was inside the threshold by €24.2. Phew.......

MPB

They are stealing our money. They are using public funds to enrich family and friends. Is it not obvious to everybody yet?

Outlander

In name only according to the article, company must have two directors as per Company Law.
When you sign up as a company director the CRO is kind enough to send you a detailed brochure explaining your duties and responsibilities - they don't include "doing a favour for my son".

DCon

They are stealing our money. They are using public funds to enrich family and friends. Is it not obvious to everybody yet?
They have been doing it since the founding of the State..

Barnacle

When you sign up as a company director the CRO is kind enough to send you a detailed brochure explaining your duties and responsibilities - they don't include "doing a favour for my son".
:D:D:D

Wonder if he is the Company Secretary or her?

hammer

Keep voting Fianna FAIL and things will definitely change.

Its not corrupt it is allowed within the rules that politicians live :) :)

truepatriot

G.u.b.u. Gross abuse! Hiarious! It just gets better and i thought this guy has principles.

controller

G.u.b.u. Gross abuse! Hiarious! It just gets better and i thought this guy has principles.
Remember his starting point is that he is a member of FF.........and go from there

Goldencircle

Absolutely appalled a FF Td would misuse public money. This can't be true

stoichkov

could have been worse - he could have used the money to finance another david kitt album.

ManOfReason

Maybe I'm missing something but from what I have read here I take it that Kitt's son has a record company call 'Grizzly Concepts', is a computer science graduate, yet his record company/sectarial service does not have a website as far a google is concerned? Does the company trade under a different name or does is trade at all (outside of getting 11k to spend a weekend helping your dad clean out his office).

Forced emigration is the only thing these FF clans deserve.

Barnacle

Maybe I'm missing something but from what I have read here I take it that Kitt's son has a record company call 'Grizzly Concepts', is a computer science graduate, yet his record company/sectarial service does not have a website as far a google is concerned? Does the company trade under a different name or does is trade at all (outside of getting 11k to spend a weekend helping your dad clean out his office).

Forced emigration is the only thing these FF clans deserve.
No other name mentioned in the article. According to the article, Grizzly Concepts as founded in February 2007 and was voluntarily would up last month.

On searching, a director within this company is also a director in another company called Parasol Music Ltd who are still trading.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies