• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Tom Parlon To Unleash 1,000s of Angry Construction Workers Onto The Streets

Ulster-Lad

Link?

Seems a short time till the barricades are erected now.

constitutionus

whats that got to do with tom parlon?

he's only interested in their bosses. the guy was actaully on about cutting the workers wages a few weeks back .

youve more chance of the construction workers protesting against him :)

Factorem

any links, radio/rte/net ? still awaiting violence, still not linking factorem.
Someone said the construction workers were protesting on the taxi thread. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Anyway, Parlon has the power to unleash his band of merry men and strike fear into government.

An Gilladaker

HE fooled the farmers a few years ago brought THEM up the hill then ran away and joined PD

constitutionus

actually i was just thinking .

if it IS the guys parlon represents that'd be property developers and big construction bosses.

you know, the anglo set

i think if you had a march of those types the LAST thing you'd have to worry about was violence from them :) :)

pd_phoenix

Someone said the construction workers were protesting on the taxi thread. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Anyway, Parlon has the power to unleash his band of merry men and strike fear into government.
I believe there was sarcasim involved in that post

Eorna

I don't think too many ordinary people would have respect for Tom Parlon, or follow him on to the street. He joined the PD's for feck sake. If Tommy turned up to a construction workers protest he would be tarred and feathered.

Supermanpolitician

Closest shave FG ever had was when he nearly joined. He becomes leader of construction federation, and low and behold, they spiral into decline.

Middleaged

Will this be like, Mr Burn's releasing those winged monkey's from his office????????

I'd pay money to see that.

Pauli

Tom Parlon has a 100% untouchable record in representing the interests of Tom Parlon at all times.

Louth Planner

HE fooled the farmers a few years ago brought THEM up the hill then ran away and joined PD
BUt...what would construction workers protest against? OK, there are lots of things in this country to protest against, but specifically have the construction workers to protest about? Surely it would be the rest of the country protesting against the abuse of taxpayers money goven to construction workers and government policy in driving the construction industry mad that has brought us to our knees.

Now there's a construction related protest, I just dont get what the construction workers would have to protest against.

Can I have some help please?

wysiwyg

BUt...what would construction workers protest against? OK, there are lots of things in this country to protest against, but specifically have the construction workers to protest about? Surely it would be the rest of the country protesting against the abuse of taxpayers money goven to construction workers and government policy in driving the construction industry mad that has brought us to our knees.

Now there's a construction related protest, I just dont get what the construction workers would have to protest against.

Can I have some help please?
I'd imagine what a lot of them are protesting against is the treatment of "self employed contractors" by the social welfare system, now that work has dried up.

A person I canvassed last night told me they paid 13,000 in tax last year, but haven't had a full weeks work since Christmas. After means testing, he was told he was entitled to no help from social welfare. That isn't right.

Louth Planner

I'd imagine what a lot of them are protesting against is the treatment of "self employed contractors" by the social welfare system, now that work has dried up.

A person I canvassed last night told me they paid 13,000 in tax last year, but haven't had a full weeks work since Christmas. After means testing, he was told he was entitled to no help from social welfare. That isn't right.
On the one hand I agree. If you pay your taxes and find yourself at the mercy of the state through no fault of your own, you are entitled to get something back. On the otherhand, he may have decent savings which should preclude him from receiving state support. He may also have a few houses rented around the country which would give him an income.

I dont know. All I am saying is dont take things are face value.

NapperTandy

How can Tom Parlon unleash construction workers? He represents construction employers, I don't think most construction workers would give Tom Parlon the time of the day;)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies