• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Tommy Mac is on the canvas: Times

gijoe

I think I have found the definition for an optimist. The Irish Times are reporting that Tom McEllistrim is already canvassing for the next election in the Killarney area no less. What with the gender quotas et al I would pretty sure that Norma will get the nod to run from the Tralee/North Kerry end of the constituency.

However, one senior political source said, after hearing the former TD was again out door-to-door in Killarney accompanied by supporters: “We are just gobsmacked.”
McEllistrim on the canvass as he seeks Dáil return - The Irish Times - Fri, Oct 26, 2012

Eoin Coir

Jesus , God help Kerry, and Bull to re enter ring also, and Healy Rae, Ferris etc.

True Republican

he'll probably get his seat back in the next general election ditto with the bull.

Casablanca

Reading the OP, I thought somebody had knocked him down in a boxing ring. Wishful thinking I suppose...........................

Seanie Lemass

Well the only certainties next time are that SF, FG and FF will take one seat each. At least one of the Independents will hang on but probably only one. Labour are probably gone.

johnny365

I think I have found the definition for an optimist. The Irish Times are reporting that Tom McEllistrim is already canvassing for the next election in the Killarney area no less. What with the gender quotas et al I would pretty sure that Norma will get the nod to run from the Tralee/North Kerry end of the constituency.
Why would they run Ansbachers Foleys daughter,surely that branch of FF is more toxic than the Mac branch? Norma failed to get elected when times were good for FF.

Last edited:

FrankSpeaks

If FF want to regain a seat they need a credible candidate, Mac, Bull and Norma do not have this quality.

Bea C

Norma Foley is widely regarded as the most competent councillor in the region, and is thought massively of in Dublin, actually.
A hit will be taken out on john o' if he doesn't back down, he won't make it anyway, that'll be confirmed this coming friday at the new constituency's agm.
Tommy was explaining his strategy when I met him out over the summer, he is the 'best located geographically', which I suppose is kind of true.
Whoever, somebody will be returned for the party.

toconn

A race to the trough by a more inadequate set of slimeballs could not be imagined ! I despair for this country , these jokers wouldn't even get a look in for a school committee election in any other place.

FrankSpeaks

Norma Foley is widely regarded as the most competent councillor in the region, and is thought massively of in Dublin, actually.
A hit will be taken out on john o' if he doesn't back down, he won't make it anyway, that'll be confirmed this coming friday at the new constituency's agm.
Tommy was explaining his strategy when I met him out over the summer, he is the 'best located geographically', which I suppose is kind of true.
Whoever, somebody will be returned for the party.
I doubt if anyone in Dublin would recognise her unless they were told she was Ansbachers daughter except that is a few party hacks and I reckon they would not touch her with barge poll. I think the hacks would have the same love for Bull and Mac. John Brassil might have a slim chance if he got on the list, he does not carry any of the baggage of the others.

Bea C

I doubt if anyone in Dublin would recognise her unless they were told she was Ansbachers daughter except that is a few party hacks and I reckon they would not touch her with barge poll. I think the hacks would have the same love for Bull and Mac. John Brassil might have a slim chance if he got on the list, he does not carry any of the baggage of the others.
What exactly has Norma Foley ever done wrong?

johnny365

She is Ansbachers daughter and she failed to get elected before. She also only narrowly held on to her county council seat last time. She would not get a seat and she is tried and failed before in better times for FF. Surely they need a clean sweep not putting up the same old of another Foley or Mac. Surely FF in Kerry is about more than Dynasties!!! To answer your question didn't Norma have a mishap with free Oireachtas envelopes and Christmas cards?

Mayor stands by freepost Christmas letters to supporters - National News - Independent.ie

Last edited:

FrankSpeaks

I think a lot of people will have trouble forgetting her standing with and supporting her father during his tribunal appearances!

Bea C

I think a lot of people will have trouble forgetting her standing with and supporting her father during his tribunal appearances!
Pretending you don't know somebody and hiding behind a cupboard is far more admirable.
I'm not criticising or defending her Father - this is about her.
She stood in the full glare of the national media, unafraid.
And was reelected after that.

Bea C

She is Ansbachers daughter and she failed to get elected before. She also only narrowly held on to her county council seat last time. She would not get a seat and she is tried and failed before in better times for FF. Surely they need a clean sweep not putting up the same old of another Foley or Mac. Surely FF in Kerry is about more than Dynasties!!! To answer your question didn't Norma have a mishap with free Oireachtas envelopes and Christmas cards?

Mayor stands by freepost Christmas letters to supporters - National News - Independent.ie
As I said above, this is about her, not her Father.
Lots of peopl 'fail' to get elected before.
Lots also 'narrowly' hold onto their seats.
What's your point there?
As for 'mishaps', didn't another 'dynasty' have one in more recent times when they shoved/tried to shove their brother into various positions?

Windowshopper

oohh I am looking to seeing Tommy Mac at my door, I haven't had a good shout in a while.

flavirostris

This is great news for the rebirth of IMFF. All these old has-beens wanting to get back in on the action. I hope O'Donoghue does run.

He's a far truer representation of what FF are all about.

Windowshopper

this is great news for the rebirth of imff. All these old has-beens wanting to get back in on the action. I hope o'donoghue does run.

He's a far truer representation of what ff are all about.
imff?