• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Tommy returns

Red_93

Bit late, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Tommy Broughan has returned to the Labour PP after losing the whip over the stag hunting issue. AFAIK he has yet to be given a front bench position - junior finance spokesman or economic planning would be appropriate for him IMO(he has a masters in economics I'm pretty sure). Also, what does this mean for labour's chances of 2 seats in DNE?

cricket

No great surprise there , I think Labour disgraced themselves in that vote. They should have two candidates in all 4 or 5 seater seats where they already have a TD.

EvotingMachine0197

I'm in DNE now since the boundary change. I'm going to find it difficult to give Tommy a No. 1 over Terence Flanagan, even though I usually gave Labour my No.1 in DN.

I'll have to do my homework ..

EvotingMachine0197

Bit late, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Tommy Broughan has returned to the Labour PP after losing the whip over the stag hunting issue. AFAIK he has yet to be given a front bench position - junior finance spokesman or economic planning would be appropriate for him IMO(he has a masters in economics I'm pretty sure). Also, what does this mean for labour's chances of 2 seats in DNE?
His wiki says he was a teacher. So, somebody is wrong.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Broughan"]Tommy Broughan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Ah Well

EvotingMachine0197

Pretty much confirms that on his own Website, does Tommy. Would imagine he'd have fired in a qualification in Economics if there was one.

Tommy Broughan TD - Irish Labour Party Deputy for Dublin North East - Ireland

As an aside on economists ... out of 166 geniuses in the Dáil, how many have economic qualifications? :)
Nice one Inspector Ah Well. What was Red_93 on about then ? :)

With regard to your question, I haven't the faintest idea. I would imagine it is quite low, but not as low as the number of engineers.

Irish politics is most accessible to those who can take long breaks from work in pursuit of election - public servants and well off self employed.

In China, they take a different approach. 12 of 25 Communist Party Politburo members are engineers.

http://china.usc.edu/App_Images//china-government-engineers.pdf

And 6 of 36 on the State Council.

And they wonder why China is functioning.

Last edited:

Bridget558

I dont like him, remember he wanted to go in with FF after the 07 election

Red_93

I'm in DNE now since the boundary change. I'm going to find it difficult to give Tommy a No. 1 over Terence Flanagan, even though I usually gave Labour my No.1 in DN.

I'll have to do my homework ..
You will have a choice of 2 LP candidates to give your no 1 to, so if you don't like Broughan, try his running mate.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies