• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

jmcc

Tonight -

The ethos of the Catholic Church – Why have we been so willing to accept the power of the catholic church in Ireland?

VB running seriously short of subjects.
Don't think that he ever recovered from Labour's extinction level event (the last GE). All his usual Deefer luvvies, short straw politicians (the party's victim du jour) and assorted plonkers like MOLD just kill the ratings. There;s a kind of Grandpa Simpson vibe to most of the shows but sometimes there's a good one.

making waves

Tonight -

The ethos of the Catholic Church – Why have we been so willing to accept the power of the catholic church in Ireland?

Separation of Church and State was one of the tasks of the bourgeois revolution - 250 years later it still hasn't happened in Ireland.

Let's see how many people support the The National Maternity Hospital (Removal of Archbishop of Dublin) Bill which will remove the Archbishop and the local parish priest from the board of the National Maternity Hospital - being proposed by Solidarity.

Accidental sock

especially for you

Not sure I'm comfortable with the cataclysmic and fundamental change, in both philosophy and outlook.

I was happy with the old AAA.

Mostly because it reminded me of a 'Golden Maverick' advert back in the 80s.

Dorcha

The panel all in Black. Is Pope Francis being resisted by his civil service? If so, what's the point in being pope?

Dorcha

Not sure I'm comfortable with the cataclysmic and fundamental change, in both philosophy and outlook.

Not sure either that I like the name being cogged off the Polish original.

jmcc

Very Mart and Market. :) But I wonder if some of the AAA/S/whatever would be comfortable in their D4 tractors?

making waves

The times they are a-changing AS -the times they are a-changing.

making waves

So you've already caught up with the 1960s and Bob Dylan? So that's what you mean by "Progressive"? :)
come on jmcc - it might be an oldie - but its a good - after all, capitalism is 150 years past its sell-by-date.

Dorcha

VB says that people don't understand what theology is. I wait breathlessly to be told. Luckily I didn't continue holding my breath.

Dorcha

Collins Online Dictionary.

1. uncountable noun
Theology is the study of the nature of God and of religion and religious beliefs.

. countable noun
A theology is a particular set of religious beliefs and ideas.

theology (θɪˈɒlədʒɪ  )
noun plural -gies
the systematic study of the existence and nature of the divine and its relationship to and influenceupon other beings
a specific branch of this study, undertaken from the perspective of a particular group
feminist theology
the systematic study of Christian revelation concerning God's nature and purpose, esp through theteaching of the Church
a specific system, form, or branch of this study, esp for those preparing for the ministry orpriesthood

zippo222

Tonight -

Browne would do this every programme if he was allowed. Maybe do the occasional traveller programme to mix it up a bit.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom