• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

NAPBAR

The purpose of history is to understand why things happened and understand that history repeats itself.

Trump's presidency is a presidency for the super-rich and it will be an utter disaster for the working class in the US, for women, for minorities, for immigrants, for LGBT, for the environment etc.

You actually don't have to be a genius to be able to predict all of these things.
If History repeats itself we are all going to be grand. So stop worrying.

Theresa Maye and Donald Trump will save us all and even they turn out to be Hitler and Mussolini someone else will save us.

Only if history repeats itself, of course.

ne0ica

Actually he started fawning about all the Irish who had been killed serving in the US army - fighting for US control of oil fields and lining the pockets of Halliburton
makes a change from the fawning over those Irish fools who died in the service of the British Empire.

making waves

making waves

If History repeats itself we are all going to be grand. So stop worrying.

Theresa Maye and Donald Trump will save us all and even they turn out to be Hitler and Mussolini someone else will save us.

Only if history repeats itself, of course.
Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat its mistakes - and you are making some doozy ones at the moment.

making waves

makes a change from the fawning over those Irish fools who died in the service of the British Empire.
The Irish elites have always been willing to send the Irish plebs out to die in the wars of Imperialism.

effer

MLOD hardly getting a word in. VB had to tell the excitable historian to give her a chance. But it turns out she had nothing to say except words.
That's an improvement she usually has a load of funny sh1te to say. Has she a big horn for Enda a schoolgirl crush on him? Bet she hates seeing Fionnula in the White House with her dearist.

NAPBAR

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat its mistakes - and you are making some doozy ones at the moment.
Am I? Jesus. I am sorry. I did'nt realise.

I thought I was I was just working away and raising a family.

You, my poor unfortunate,are a fool. You think you know but unfortunately you only think.

making waves

This is Enda Kenny fawning over a man who -

- took funding away from centres that provided help to those with HIV/AIDS and instead said they should "pray away" their disease.

- tried to fund electrocution therapy for LGBTQ+ children

- signed a bill that would jail same sex couples in Indiana for even trying to apply for a marriage license

- support a law to protected businesses who wanted to refuse service to LGBT people if they cited religious objections

- resisted changes to hate-crime laws that would have included acts against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

Sister Mercedes

Being gay was illegal in Ireland until 1993. Should Kennedy and Reagan have refused to visit here because our human rights record was so poor?

making waves

Whatever about that, I thought he was not as detached from his subject as I would expect a historian to be. Being obsessive about something does not allow you to see wood for the trees.
No historian is detached - its the ones that try and pretend to be that are the spoofers. Brian Hanley is one of the better and more prolific historians in the country - he doesn't hide his own views and he carries out some very good research.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom