• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Tonight with Vincent Browne to be aired in front of a live audience?

controller

A bad move imo. You'll have special interest groups like the shinners taking all the seats, and only supporting shinner policies

Spanner Island

I'd prefer if they started reserving a place on the panel for a member of the public who isn't a member of a political party.

The Frontline has an audience...

One is enough... imo...

dizillusioned

Question time seems to work well. It is the only time that ordinary folk get to have a say to those in "power". I am hoping that this will work, but I cannot see Vinny with enough control to make the audience participate.

D

Dylan2010

if they dont get to speak that will be fine , otherwise there will be more plants than youd find in a garden centre

carlovian

A bad move imo. You'll have special interest groups like the shinners taking all the seats, and only supporting shinner policies
All the parties do it.

Ff used to stuff questions and answers with members. One of them used to have a great
Line about voting fg all his life but never again etc etc.

Might be worth a try but after the presidential debate audience producers may be wary
of the mob.

Eoin Coir

I suppose John McGurk, Glenna Lynch and the likes will be permanent features on the programme. And VB's favourite Mick Wallace, whom Vinnie urged to run in GE for the craic.

carlovian

I suppose John McGurk, Glenna Lynch and the likes will be permanent features on the programme. And VB's favourite Mick Wallace, whom Vinnie urged to run in GE for the craic.
Any chance Enda might make an appearance ?

ScreeOrTalus

With rounds of live ammunition instead of applause.

dizillusioned

I'd prefer if they started reserving a place on the panel for a member of the public who isn't a member of a political party.

The Frontline has an audience...

One is enough... imo...
Frontline is a joke. It is not a proper forum for debate. It is overly controlled, overly biased. The audience is packed with invited guests. While I understand the need for "control" the sheer protection of "political reps" from the ordinary citizen means Frontline is often a party political broadcast on the part of Terry Prune and the PR Gurus.

Neutron

Compared to RTE One filling the Frontline with special interest groups?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Ooooohhh, the paranoia of the anyone but SF brigade !!!! Clearly RTE favors it's ' special interest groups :rolleyes:

Marian Finucane Show "guests" political affiliations on the show from Feb 2011-May 2012
Fine Gael: 35
Fianna Fail:19
Labour: 15
Ind/Sp/ULA/PbP: 28
Sinn Féin: 2 !!!!

Marvar88

Tonight with Vincent Browne is in discussions to have the programme aired in front of a live audience of 250 in the new TV3 studio. If this goes ahead will they have to bring its time forward so that the audience of that scale can get home at a reasonable hour on a worknight, or will it move to being a recorded programme?

Browne to take on Frontline with live audience - National News - Independent.ie
Significantly the TV3 representative said that Browne had a ''cult following''. I think that's right on the money.
If you look at his nightly thread on here it's the same guys contributing to it every night. They then always seem shocked that the attitude which prevails on his show is not represented in opinion polls.

The audience, I assume, would be crammed with cranks.

Ribeye

Great idea,

There is a massive group of angry citizens in this country whose views never get a look in,

I get the impression that vinny would be fair and give a proper airing to all viewpoints, even the ones that he disagrees with,

unlike Pat Kenny, who shuns anyone who is off message,

My first question to the panal would be,

"do you think that our descendents will be justified in hating us for what we have done to them"

Murph

Looks like 'Controller' wants to control who Browne brings on.

Anyway, no need for the shinners to pack it as there's enough angry people out there to speak for themselves.

it may have to be pre-recorded if last nights Ref debate is anything to go by and a lose cannon like John Waters lets off a round into the crowd.

That was an interesting Stat P O'Neill about RTE and its favourites - I wonder which one of that gang 'Controller' belongs to?

hammer

Looks like 'Controller' wants to control who Browne brings on.

Anyway, no need for the shinners to pack it as there's enough angry people out there to speak for themselves.

it may have to be pre-recorded if last nights Ref debate is anything to go by and a lose cannon like John Waters lets off a round into the crowd.

That was an interesting Stat P O'Neill about RTE and its favourites - I wonder which one of that gang 'Controller' belongs to?

Since May 2012 FG + 5%............SF - 4%

hammer

Quick question

VB show has been on for 2/3 years during the DEPRESSION.

Can anyone give me 1 idea VB has come up with to solve the many problems ?