#TONIGHT with Vincent Browne (#vinb) at 10.30pm, Weekly Monday 5th to Thursday 8th September 2016

Notachipanoaktree

Truly, you remind me of Bart Simpson ("I know I am, but what are you?").
Bart Simson, eh?

Agian! you just don't give up, now do you? Abuse is the only weapon in your arsenal, eh?

Ye know I'm only going to use your Monty Python Esque nonsense as a valid excuse to hack away at the FFG idiotic mentality 'My Country right or Wrong' and Lizzy's ambitions again. So go away, special man/woman. Your silly intervention in the conversation was just that, illogical and unimaginative.

Jess lads yourself and ergo2 really are a fine pair of FF hack prats. Yez take an issue, that is dead and gone away, where your future leader 'Lisa Chambers' (Photo Supplied) a supposed barrister, and yez flog it to death by trying and failing miserably to set silly traps for fellow posters on P.ie.

Lisa Chambers a supposed Barrister (BTW a piece of paper does not make a barrister or a plumber, or an engineer, or a PhD) is offered a kinda Hobson's choice by Catherine Connolly to decide whether Apple were the only company offered a Revenue opinion on how to criminally and cynically avoid paying Irish and therefore any tax on their profits or whether the scam was being employed by many Multi-National Corporations such as (Google, Dell, InTel, MicroSoft, Vodafone, BT, Ericsson, Facebook, e-Bay and so on).

What does your future leader Lisa Chambers, a fellow Mayoman with Kenny/ Flynn/ Flynn etc do. Well she takes the suicide option and calls Catherine Connolly 'Unpatriotic'. ‘Lizzy’ not having been schooled in the art of drama, as would be any competent barrister male or female’, she completely cocks-up and gives the learned Catherine Connolly a face-fulll of total sh*it, on VB in front of the ‘hole’ country. And you pair of pathetic jerks just keep rubbing Lizzy's nose in it.

Hay Guys if you can’t do it, I’d be glad of the job. Have a nice day, guys.

Voila Lisa Chambers the next Pakled (Samaritan Snare) or village idiot to you 'n me, outta Mayo.

Help me. It's broken.

So! A nasty little Tax Paradise after all!

Last edited:

Dorcha

Bart Simson, eh?

Agian! you just don't give up, now do you? Abuse is the only weapon in your arsenal, eh?
If you’d bothered to enter into a proper discussion you might have found that I rather liked the poem, too, even if I disagreed with it’s sentiments. The Ireland of Donagh McDonagh was a different Ireland to the one of today. Dublin and the rest of Ireland are closer in interests and culture than they were back then.

Imagination has its place and value but it can’t replace reality.

I’ve said things here I wouldn’t normally say to anyone else on this forum, because most people on here can disagree with other people’s views without feeling the need to denigrate the person personally. Perhaps I should use IMO when giving my views, but I don’t because I presume most intelligent people will accept that is what they are. If they feel the need to voice their disagreements, they will concentrate on the matter under discussion and not on the poster.

Last edited:

Notachipanoaktree

I

Imagination has its place and value but it can’t replace reality.

Without a vivid imagination no amount of logic could have built a fire.

intelligence has two components Imagination and Logic. Imagination gives us the possibility of solutions, Logic gives us the probability whether any are possible. Intelligence is an optimum mixture of equal amounts of both. With just one component you need to look to Shakespeare for a 'reality'.

Without a vivid imagination Albert, Green, Carroll, Hawkins, Susskind, Dawkins, Penrose, Feynman, Rudiger Schack, Folks, Schrodinger, Einstein, Dirac, Boole could not have visualised some issues with time, space, gravity, and Mathematical processes in general.

As far as the other is concerned. BeaC wondered if I were from Galway, somewhere near the Border with Mayo.

I chose Donagh MacDonagh's 'Dublin Made Me' to answer her. ça va?

BTW you need to go back and look again. You started the abuse and I balked at joining you. Oh! and being male I can only handle one issue at a time.

Last edited:

Dorcha

It’s okay. No one dead.

I’ve gone back and checked and here is what I said: “A Dubliner slandering the rest of the country and unable to see that Dublin is no different to the rest.”

Two points here:

1.I can’t see any abuse in that sentence.
2.When I said “a Dubliner” I was referring to the author of the poem; I was not referring personally to you. I’m sorry if you got that impression

It was the poster “Ellen Ripley” who asked you where you were from, and to whom you replied to with the poem. It was not Bea.

As I said also, I read that poem long ago. At the time it got under my skin a little, so much so that for a while I toyed with the idea of writing a counter to it, for my own satisfaction. But I was just too lazy.

Notachipanoaktree

It’s okay. No one dead.

I’ve gone back and checked and here is what I said: “A Dubliner slandering the rest of the country and unable to see that Dublin is no different to the rest.”

Two points here:

1.I can’t see any abuse in that sentence.
2.When I said “a Dubliner” I was referring to the author of the poem; I was not referring personally to you. I’m sorry if you got that impression

It was the poster “Ellen Ripley” who asked you where you were from, and to whom you replied to with the poem. It was not Bea.

As I said also, I read that poem long ago. At the time it got under my skin a little, so much so that for a while I toyed with the idea of writing a counter to it, for my own satisfaction. But I was just too lazy.
I apologise if I upset you. But then again p.ie does that to ye. And StringJaclk and PetalJack just exacerbate any exchange, even just knowing they're sitting there with the all powerful 'delete' button. really!

Notachipanoaktree

Go for it Bro. Poetry to me is angry, else just wishy-washy money hunting.

Judge Jeffreys peeks from up on high,
In the Dolphin House on a weekday,
Dispensing justice calmly silkily,
His day is long, His work is snide,
There is no love for the widow’s bride,
The covens feast on his T-rex hide,
One’s piranha cousins feed with Pride.

Notachipanoaktree

Without a vivid imagination no amount of logic could have built a fire.

intelligence has two components Imagination and Logic. Imagination gives us the possibility of solutions, Logic gives us the probability whether any are possible. Intelligence is an optimum mixture of equal amounts of both. With just one component you need to look to Shakespeare for a 'reality'.

Without a vivid imagination Albert, Green, Carroll, Hawkins, Susskind, Dawkins, Penrose, Feynman, Rudiger Schack, Folks, Schrodinger, Einstein, Dirac, Boole could not have visualised some issues with time, space, gravity, and Mathematical processes in general.
Evidence for above. Yes.

Monkeys, Tigers, Lions, Crocodiles, Butterflies, Daffodils are all very logical lifeforms. They eat when they're hungry, drink when when they're dry. The moonshine don't kill them and they live till they die.

None of them can light a fire.

That makes imagination the superior component.

Dorcha

Go for it Bro. Poetry to me is angry, else just wishy-washy money hunting.

Judge Jeffreys peeks from up on high,
In the Dolphin House on a weekday,
Dispensing justice calmly silkily,
His day is long, His work is snide,
There is no love for the widow’s bride,
The covens feast on his T-rex hide,
One’s piranha cousins feed with Pride.
If that's your own, it's very good. You know, anger doesn't last long enough with me to be able to put it into words. I find satire easier to write. And more fun.

gatsbygirl20

Would the two of you go an get a room together! :D
Watching these two posters kissing and making up is not at all in the spirit of the Vinnie thread.

When Vinnie has someone on the ropes, he goes straight in for the kill, ..blood on the tracks...no quarter given...

[video=youtube;HHtOp8gBFmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHtOp8gBFmc[/video]

Top Bottom