• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Tony Blair hits out at Black people


Catalpa

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
10,301
Tony Blair yesterday claimed the spate of knife and gun murders in London was not being caused by poverty, but a distinctive black culture. His remarks angered community leaders, who accused him of ignorance and failing to provide support for black-led efforts to tackle the problem.
One accused him of misunderstanding the advice he had been given on the issue at a Downing Street summit.

Black community leaders reacted after Mr Blair said the recent violence should not be treated as part of a general crime wave, but as specific to black youth. He said people had to drop their political correctness and recognise that the violence would not be stopped "by pretending it is not young black kids doing it".



http://politics.guardian.co.uk/homeaffa ... 58,00.html


Has he gone a step too far or is this the begining of the end of PC comments on Race Relations?
 

Waggs

Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
7
Your own headline reads 'Tony Blair hits out at black people'. Do you think that's a fair assessment of the article? I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot. We shouldn't say these things. I mean we shouldn't really complain that some Travellers can create serious litter problems because that's racist too isn't it. We shouldn't say lawyers and developers are gangsters cos that might hurt their feelings. What about the poor SUV drivers and all that horrible stuff the environmentalists say about them?[/quote]
 

zacchy

Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
15
Half of all prisoners in America are black. The truth needs to be told, certain people will always get offended. Only problem is Tony will have an army of civil liberties groups hammering him down, just because he offended people. But too f*cking bad.
 

Catalpa

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
10,301
Waggs said:
Your own headline reads 'Tony Blair hits out at black people'. Do you think that's a fair assessment of the article? I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot. We shouldn't say these things. I mean we shouldn't really complain that some Travellers can create serious litter problems because that's racist too isn't it. We shouldn't say lawyers and developers are gangsters cos that might hurt their feelings. What about the poor SUV drivers and all that horrible stuff the environmentalists say about them?
[/quote]

Yes maybe I should have sais 'Tony Blair hits out at Black Youths - but hey they are people too!

I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot

Tony Blair said these things - not Catalpa!

If Catalpa had said those comments that he made I know exactly what I would be called! :?
 

Jason

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
25
was he not correct? as far as i can tell its between black gangs in south london... if it were far right white skin heads i would expect him to say the same about them... pc is over the top in this country.
 

Pidge

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
427
Catalpa said:
I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot

Tony Blair said these things - not Catalpa!

If Catalpa had said those comments that he made I know exactly what I would be called! :?
Tony Blair said that "Tony Blair hits out at black youths"?

That's even more confusing than your mid-sentence shift from third to first person...
 

Catalpa

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
10,301
Pidge said:
Catalpa said:
I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot

Tony Blair said these things - not Catalpa!

If Catalpa had said those comments that he made I know exactly what I would be called! :?
Tony Blair said that "Tony Blair hits out at black youths"?

That's even more confusing than your mid-sentence shift from third to first person...
I'm sorry that your confused Pidge but I suggest you read what Tony said and direct any criticism (or praise) towards him.
 

Pidge

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
427
Catalpa said:
Pidge said:
Catalpa said:
I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot

Tony Blair said these things - not Catalpa!

If Catalpa had said those comments that he made I know exactly what I would be called! :?
Tony Blair said that "Tony Blair hits out at black youths"?

That's even more confusing than your mid-sentence shift from third to first person...
I'm sorry that your confused Pidge but I suggest you read what Tony said and direct any criticism (or praise) towards him.
You made up the headline, Catalpa, that's the point.
 

Catalpa

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
10,301
Pidge said:
Catalpa said:
Pidge said:
Catalpa said:
I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot

Tony Blair said these things - not Catalpa!

If Catalpa had said those comments that he made I know exactly what I would be called! :?
Tony Blair said that "Tony Blair hits out at black youths"?

That's even more confusing than your mid-sentence shift from third to first person...
I'm sorry that your confused Pidge but I suggest you read what Tony said and direct any criticism (or praise) towards him.
You made up the headline, Catalpa, that's the point.
What do think I should have wrote instead?
 

BelfastSpark

Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
23
I agree with Tony Blair and that is also the problem with Government. They can’t see the Bleedin obvious until it’s too late.

I think people can make the excuses rightly or wrongly about Black Behaviour on social factors, deprivation, social exclusion etc. But it doesn’t fully excuse the behaviour. It must have to do with the sub culture of ' LA gangsta' and the reinforced social disrespect that it promotes as well as crime being cool.
Many Black youths wear clothing, jewellery and accessories that would cost a person a months salary, so its not poverty. They receive the same education as others yet they constantly under perform especially Afro-Caribbean’s as opposed to Continental Africans or indeed Asians who out perform everyone.
Its culturally acceptable for Afro-Caribbean fathers to abandon their spouses have several children to different mothers, 70-80% of Jamaica for example are Illegitimate or born outside marriage. In reality these kids have no role models than culturally the lowest common denominators i.e. Black Rap, gansta-crime, drug dealing and culturally accepted norms that it’s ok to be promiscuous amongst others.However many Black Britons do not Identify with this and I think this is to do with class,the African caste-tribal system and more importantly a Culture that Black Afro-Carribeans seem to lack.

They (Afro-Carribeans) will always identify with this because as a Racial group they feel naturally seperate from society. Dare I say it but, is this not a sign of the failure of Multiculturalism again?
 

BelfastSpark

Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
23
Jason said:
was he not correct? as far as i can tell its between black gangs in south london... if it were far right white skin heads i would expect him to say the same about them... pc is over the top in this country.
100% Correct
 

popper

Active member
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
297
revereie said:
Preferably nothing Catalpa !

Gary Keegan has blamed Daithi Doolin for the latest spate of gang related knife killings in London. And for controlling the crack cocaine trade there.
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
78
zacchy said:
Half of all prisoners in America are black. The truth needs to be told, certain people will always get offended. Only problem is Tony will have an army of civil liberties groups hammering him down, just because he offended people. But too f*cking bad.
That could well be because the police are more likely to check black people as suspects. It's also maybe due to the fact that many African-American people come from low income families and therefore more likely to come from ghettos were crime is much more a way of life. It also maybe be because a nihilistic and macho strain of youth culture holds sway over these ghetto's. It's never just 'one' thing, it's always a multitude of reasons but the CRE has quite rightly said people shouldn't be tarred with prejudice just because they bring up salient points.
 

zakalwe

Active member
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Messages
171
i've half a mind to hit out at journalists!
 

The Field Marshal

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
44,414
Black violence could never happen in Dublin.
 

The Field Marshal

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
44,414
Top