Top 300 Richest in Ireland have €300 Billion. Richard Boyd Barrett says "Scandalous & Obscene"

YesSireeeBob

Top 300 Richest in Ireland have €300 Billion. Richard Boyd Barrett says "Scandalous & Obscene"

Who are the richest people and families in Ireland?

I don't have the full list but one thing I notice is that most of this money came from outside Ireland and I'm sure a lot of this money is spent in Ireland, eg O'Leary with his horses, Martin Naughton with his philanthropy (National Philanthropists of the Year 2016).

It's crazy money to have and they will probably never be able to spend it all, but it's their money, it was earned honestly (well maybe a well known exception here), with a lot of hard work and dedication so I think to call it scandalous and obscene is itself scandalous and obscene.

What exactly does RBB want us to do?
Take it off them with a wealth tax perhaps and how much should we take?
Why would someone like the Collison brothers bother setting up a company if they knew it would be RBB spending their money.

Michael O’Leary €1bn +
Denis O’Brien €4.7bn
Westons €12 bn
Collison Brothers €2.4bn
Martin Naughton €1.4bn

Michael Flatley €235m
Enya €117m
Colin Farrell €40m
Graham Norton €36m
Daniel O'Donnell €31m
U2 €645m
Liam Neeson €113m
Rory McIlroy €96m
Niall Horan €44m

People Before Profit TD Richard Boyd Barrett said the figures from the list showed the high levels of inequality in Ireland.

“These figures showing the enormous and dramatically increased wealth of Ireland’s multimillionaires and billionaires are truly scandalous and obscene.

“When you consider the extent of poverty, deprivation, homelessness and unnecessary hardship being suffered by so many in this country, it is utterly scandalous to learn that just 300 people have enough wealth to solve all those problems, 10 times over,” he said.

Last edited:

Telstar 62

Bono once flew his hat first class for 17,000 dollars from London
to Italy....:lol:

wombat

johnny365

The tots hate any success in ones life, then again if your happy your unlikely to vote for a trot.

sic transit

List is as useless as the comment. Quite a few live elsewhere anyway.

TheWolf

I don't have the full list but one thing I notice is that most of this money came from outside Ireland and I'm sure a lot of this money is spent in Ireland, eg O'Leary with his horses, Martin Naughton with his philanthropy (National Philanthropists of the Year 2016).

It's crazy money to have and they will probably never be able to spend it all, but it's their money, it was earned honestly (well maybe a well known exception here), with a lot of hard work and dedication so I think to call it scandalous and obscene is itself scandalous and obscene.

Why would someone like the Collison brothers bother setting up a company if they knew it would be RBB spending their money.

Michael O’Leary €1bn +
Denis O’Brien €4.7bn
Westons €12 bn
Collison Brothers €2.4bn
Martin Naughton €1.4bn

Michael Flatley €235m
Enya €117m
Colin Farrell €40m
Graham Norton €36
Daniel O'Donnell €31
U2 €645m
Liam Neeson €113m
Rory McIlroy €96m
Niall Horan €44m
It's PBP.
A flash in the pan.

gatsbygirl20

Michael O’Leary €1bn +
Denis O’Brien €4.7bn
Westons €12 bn
Collison Brothers €2.4bn
Martin Naughton €1.4bn

Michael Flatley €235m
Enya €117m
Colin Farrell €40m
Graham Norton €36
Daniel O'Donnell €31
U2 €645m
Liam Neeson €113m
Rory McIlroy €96m
Niall Horan €44m
Poor Daniel O'Donnell has only a measly 31 million compared to Enya's 117 million, and Martin Naughton's 1.4 billion....

No wonder Daniel is back on RTE television doing another series of that awful Bed & Breakfast show with Majella.

Still, wee Daniel has amassed a tidy little sum, fair play to him.

I guess it pays to keep away from the old nose candy, which can seriously eat into the communion money

derryman

Michael O’Leary €1bn +
Denis O’Brien €4.7bn
Westons €12 bn
Collison Brothers €2.4bn
Martin Naughton €1.4bn

Michael Flatley €235m
Enya €117m
Colin Farrell €40m
Graham Norton €36
Daniel O'Donnell €31
U2 €645m
Liam Neeson €113m
Rory McIlroy €96m
Niall Horan €44m
I think we should have a whip around for Graham Norton and Daniel o Donnel they seem out of place there.

derryman

Poor Daniel O'Donnell has only a measly 31 million compared to Enya's 117 million, and Martin Naughton's 1.4 billion....

No wonder Daniel is back on RTE television doing another series of that awful Bed & Breakfast show with Majella.

Still, wee Daniel has amassed a tidy little sum, fair play to him.

I guess it pays to keep away from the old nose candy, which can seriously eat into the communion money
Look again it is only 31. euro
Poor old Graham Norton is not much better.

milipod

[video=youtube;JhhYj_3VROM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhYj_3VROM[/video]

gatsbygirl20

Look again it is only 31. euro
Poor old Graham Norton is not much better.
Jeez, Graham Norton is seriously skint for a poor guy who has to make a show of himself grovelling to celebrities and jumping through hoops every week on live tv

I'd say Ryan Tubridy has way more dosh but has it stashed quietly in his mammy's attic or somewhere

And wee Daniel is snapping at Norton's heels with 31 million---and Daniel took two years off work and , anyway, a lot of his work involves giving tea and biscuits to elderly ladies from the local ICA

A much easier gig than Norton's

Karloff

You can't take it with you - but if you could spend some of it and do some good - wouldn't that be good for you?

I don't think the obscenely wealthy consider the real world very much, one of the unfortunate side effects of great wealth is it can buy you an alternate reality one sealed off, which satisfies the mind's urge not to countenance pain or injustice. But the grim reaper shows up just the same and you end up in the same place as everyone else.

And what's the use of feeling satisfied that you pass it on to your sprogs if the world is turning to crap and there are no exits? (ok their wealth will blindfold them as it did you - but what if it stops working eg as in a runaway Greenhouse effect?) You leave your kids a crap world full of pollution, overpopulation and disaster? Man reaches for ways of immortality but one of the ways a rich man can help satisfy that need is to spend some of it and improve the world.

milipod

[video=youtube;5XSkstqN2T0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XSkstqN2T0[/video]

Karloff

[video=youtube;5XSkstqN2T0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XSkstqN2T0[/video]
This is quite pathetic, do you imagine you are acting for some silent majority by spamming this thread? Are you trying to start a Mexican wave of spam?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies