• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Top Saudi judge:behead satellite TV broadcasters


cyberianpan

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Messages
16,625
Website
www.google.com
:oops:

BBC
The most senior judge in Saudi Arabia has said it is permissible to kill the owners of satellite TV channels which broadcast immoral programmes.

"There is no doubt that these programmes are a great evil, and the owners of these channels are as guilty as those who watch them," said the sheikh.

"It is legitimate to kill those who call for corruption if their evil can not be stopped by other penalties."

But on the other hand, fighting militant Islam can be difficult when the country's top judge calls for the beheading of those he views as immoral broadcasters.
This amounts to a fatwa against CNN, Sky News, Al Jazeera ... Saudi Arabia is where the 9/11 people came from ... they are a country renowned for corruption, poor treatment of women( and remember Bertie went there in 2007 for 5 day trip) ...

Why do we even have relations with such a country ? Why isn't Saudi Arabia part of the US "axis of evil" ?

Will Rupert Murdoch, Ted Turner et al now have to hire extra security ?


cYp
 


Norfolk Enchants

Active member
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
100
cyberianpan said:
:oops:

BBC
The most senior judge in Saudi Arabia has said it is permissible to kill the owners of satellite TV channels which broadcast immoral programmes.

"There is no doubt that these programmes are a great evil, and the owners of these channels are as guilty as those who watch them," said the sheikh.

"It is legitimate to kill those who call for corruption if their evil can not be stopped by other penalties."

But on the other hand, fighting militant Islam can be difficult when the country's top judge calls for the beheading of those he views as immoral broadcasters.
This amounts to a fatwa against CNN, Sky News, Al Jazeera ... Saudi Arabia is where the 9/11 people came from ... they are a country renowned for corruption, poor treatment of women( and remember Bertie went there in 2007 for 5 day trip) ...

Why do we even have relations with such a country ? Why isn't Saudi Arabia part of the US "axis of evil" ?

Will Rupert Murdoch, Ted Turner et al now have to hire extra security ?

cYp
I think it's called O-I-L (and that's not Operation Iraq Liberation)
 

Andrew49

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 2, 2008
Messages
6,047
Twitter
AndrewSB49
No mention of RTE then? I recall DeValera saying that television was:
'Like atomic energy, it can be used for incalculable good, but it can also do irreparable harm.'
 

Electro

Member
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
91
The likes of Judy McGrath's MTV and Rupert Murdoch's news services do seem pretty damn evil though.
 

blucey

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
366
SA lives in the 8th century. Ignore them. once the oil runs out they go back to whatever it was they did before oil. Unlike the gulf states, which were somewhat open to the world due to their trading status, Saudi has been a dead loss since the collapse of the yemeni dams in the 6th century...
 

Harpo

Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
76
Saudi Arabia has one of the most repressive remiges in the world. If they didn't sell their oil so generously they would have been invaded a long time ago.
 

petey

Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2008
Messages
7
why, these islamists are sounding more and more like rightwing radio barkers
 

cyberianpan

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Messages
16,625
Website
www.google.com
BodyofEvidence said:
SA lives in the 8th century. Ignore them. once the oil runs out they go back to whatever it was they did before oil..

They have lots of money ... they own a lot of US bonds and securities and this gives huge influence:

NYT, 2007
As recently as last month, Charles O. Prince III could count on the support of Prince Walid bin Talal of Saudi Arabia, the biggest shareholder of Citigroup, the financial behemoth that Mr. Prince had run for four years.

The endgame of Mr. Prince’s career at Citigroup probably began with flights to Saudi Arabia by Citigroup executives early last week.
IHT , 2007
Petroleum exporters are adding to holdings of U.S. debt three times as fast as other foreign investors

Oil exporters eclipsed Asian nations last year for the first time since the 1970s as the biggest source of global capital, McKinsey found. At $70 a barrel, $628 billion in fresh petrodollars will flood global financial markets yearly, McKinsey said.
Fears of dollar collapse as Saudis take fright
Telegraph, Dec 2007
Saudi Arabia has refused to cut interest rates in lockstep with the US Federal Reserve for the first time, signalling that the oil-rich Gulf kingdom is preparing to break the dollar currency peg in a move that risks setting off a stampede out of the dollar across the Middle East.

"This is a very dangerous situation for the dollar," said Hans Redeker, currency chief at BNP Paribas.

"Saudi Arabia has $800bn (£400bn) in their future generation fund, and the entire region has $3,500bn under management. They face an inflationary threat and do not want to import an interest rate policy set for the recessionary conditions in the United States," he said.
Saudi Arabia's influence is growing... their clerics wanna chop off heads ... a leak of a few billion would easily fund terrorists for decades.

cYp
 

Jozer

Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Messages
57
They are very much part of the 'Axis of best friends'.
 

Universal_001

Active member
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
222
Maybe we should have *cough* dealt with them....we had the excuse after 9-11...missed opportunity if you ask me...
 

Risteard

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
449
cyberianpan said:
"Saudi Arabia has $800bn (£400bn) in their future generation fund, and the entire region has $3,500bn under management. They face an inflationary threat and do not want to import an interest rate policy set for the recessionary conditions in the United States," he said.
What's that in Riyals?

I don't think anyone would miss Rupert Murdoch.
 

The OD

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
11,411
More evil from a nation that thrives on corruption, inequality, fear, hate and intolerance. Beside huge oil reserves, this nations doesnt have anything to offer the world except perhaps hotels for true Islamic pilgrims and corrupted Qu'rans designed to increase hatred of their biggest customers amongst false followers of Islam as well. If it was up to me, I would have been looking for alternatives to oil long before the drain off began if only to avoid dealing with these people. Whats worse is the inroads they are making in the financial world to ensure they keep their greasy paws in the running of the world for some time to come.

As far as I am concerned, their treatment of women amounts to a crime against humanity and I am completely unwavering in this view - any regime who gladly treats their citizens in this way and tries to cowardly hide behind a religion they pick and choose to follow as suits are a criminal regime and deserve to be brought to justice, not walk hand in hand (literally) with what is supposed to be the leader of the free world.

Who is this judge to say what is immoral and what is not? Is the personal lives of Saudi sheiks 'moral'? Is punishing victims of crime 'moral'? Is treating known and actual terrorists with kid gloves 'moral'.
 

Sonic_exyouth

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2007
Messages
43
Universal_001 said:
Maybe we should have *cough* dealt with them....we had the excuse after 9-11...missed opportunity if you ask me...
http://heavenawaits.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg
Mass slaughter because of a judge appointed by a dictatorial regime says something you disagree with.

Nice.

I disagree with yuo, and think this proposal is significatly worse than the judges.. can I now bomb you, and you families, homes?
 
R

Rathmines_Corkonian

Sonic_exyouth said:
[quote="Universal_001":1zdqv473]Maybe we should have *cough* dealt with them....we had the excuse after 9-11...missed opportunity if you ask me...
http://heavenawaits.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg
Mass slaughter because of a judge appointed by a dictatorial regime says something you disagree with.

Nice.

I disagree with yuo, and think this proposal is significatly worse than the judges.. can I now bomb you, and you families, homes?[/quote:1zdqv473]

Thats the beauty of Sharia. They also issued a condemnation of Mickey Mouse, and Tv astrology, based on Islamic principles from the Sunnah and Quaran. Mystic Meg must be scared shitless over the Sharia courts in England. Democracy - nice while it lasted.
 

Harpo

Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
76
Universal_001 said:
Maybe we should have *cough* dealt with them....we had the excuse after 9-11...missed opportunity if you ask me...
We? Who's the "we" you refer to?

An absolutely disgraceful comment by the way. And you've missed the point, the US doesn't care about Islamic extremism if it's profitable and in Saudi Arabia's case it is.
 

Dr Qasim Afridi

Active member
Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
185
"It is legitimate to kill those who call for corruption if their evil can not be stopped by other penalties."
I wonder why he does nt think its legitimate to kill his masters the Saudi Royal Family then? After all they have been the source of corruption for generations?

Oh I get it... He is PAID by them every month or so... :lol: :lol:

They have lots of money ... they own a lot of US bonds and securities and this gives huge influence:
Something for you to think about Bro Mujaahid... You really think the Saudi Regime is compelled by the US to do all the evil that they do? Evil such as... err where should we start... helping in the killing of other Muslims... in Iraq?

Meet me before the end of Ramadhan please... I m still waiting to hear from you...
 

Dr Qasim Afridi

Active member
Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
185
An absolutely disgraceful comment by the way. And you've missed the point, the US doesn't care about Islamic extremism if it's profitable and in Saudi Arabia's case it is.
He also does nt realize that you cannot wipe out an entire ideology by killing some of its followers... Nuke and kill the Saudi people and you have the entire Muslim world united against you... That is not what America wants I assure you... Keep them divided into many countries and rape them one by one... That is much easier!!!

You are right Harpo... As long as the economics is dictated by America i.e Capitalism they dont care a bit what sort of ruling/social system is in place... infact for the sort of economic system that is based upon injustice of Capitalism that is functioning in Saudi Arabia, it actually helps to have a brutal regime to keep the people down!!! Its even better if you invest in a massive propaganda and seek to legitimize an illegal rule and a corrupt regime... Perhaps some people would be suprised to know that the Saudi Regime has die hard supporters... May God have mercy upon us all...
 

Aindriu

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
8,702
Dr Qasim Afridi said:
Something for you to think about Bro Mujaahid... You really think the Saudi Regime is compelled by the US to do all the evil that they do? Evil such as... err where should we start... helping in the killing of other Muslims... in Iraq?

Meet me before the end of Ramadhan please... I m still waiting to hear from you...
I doubt very much if he will agree to meet with you a chara. After all, you are preaching from a moderate platform and pointing out his extremist views at times.

Good luck with your fasting BTW. A friend of mine finds it a struggle every year but is successful.

Dr Qasim Afridi said:
As long as the economics is dictated by America i.e Capitalism they dont care a bit what sort of ruling/social system is in place... infact for the sort of economic system that is based upon injustice of Capitalism that is functioning in Saudi Arabia, it actually helps to have a brutal regime to keep the people down!!! Its even better if you invest in a massive propaganda and seek to legitimize an illegal rule and a corrupt regime... Perhaps some people would be suprised to know that the Saudi Regime has die hard supporters... May God have mercy upon us all...
The way that investment banks and the US economy in general is going the country may well be bankrupt in a few months. Indeed we may even see a recession in the US of the likes of the Great Depression in the 1930's if things carry on as they are. They can only keep pouring more money into shells and tanks for so long - they don't have a bottomless pit of money.
 

CelticAtheist

Active member
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
112
Electro said:
The likes of Judy McGrath's MTV and Rupert Murdoch's news services do seem pretty damn evil though.
They're not calling to behead people with legal authority though, are they?
 

Electro

Member
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
91
CelticAtheist said:
Electro said:
The likes of Judy McGrath's MTV and Rupert Murdoch's news services do seem pretty damn evil though.
They're not calling to behead people with legal authority though, are they?
No but the former is a culture destroyer and the latter encourages millions of deaths in the Middle East through Zionist USA interventions and stirring up of Muslim-hatred.
 

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top