Top Three Christmas Turkeys

Dorcha

The music channels are showing their favourite Christmas songs at the moment. Not surprising that there are some turkeys among them. There are some Christmas songs so false that they make me grit my teeth. Here then are my top three most detestable Christmas songs:

1.Slade - Merry Christmas, Everybody
2.Paul McCartney - Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time
3.Michael Buble - Santa Claus Is Coming to Town

No favourite Christmas songs, please. If someone wants to start a thread on those I will gladly contribute. This thread is for turkeys, only.

Disillusioned democrat

The music channels are showing their favourite Christmas songs at the moment. Not surprising that there are some turkeys among them. There are some Christmas songs so false that they make me grit my teeth. Here then are my top three most detestable Christmas songs:

No favourite Christmas songs, please. If someone wants to start a thread on those I will gladly contribute. This thread is for turkeys, only.
...but those ARE my favourite Christmas songs...:shock:

Rural

Now that Paul McCartney song is going around in my head - Thanks a bunch Dorcha!:mad:

The Frog Chorus.
Every single Cliff Richard excrucant.
It Will be Lonely This Christmas by Mud.

Accidental sock

" I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus" - The Ronnettes
"At least I think they were kissing" - The Ronnettes
"Could've been shagging I suppose" - The Ronnettes

Rural

The Boney M one.......[Shudder!].

This comes to pahass,
When a chaaild is boourn.

Accidental sock

Mistletoe and Whine.

niall78

Paul McCartney - Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time
John Lennon - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?

I detest all these. I'm a big Beatles fan and Beatles members feature in all three - I still think they are shít.

ticketyboo

Batter away, but for me there is a single Christmas song with any merit whatsoever.....that being Shane McGowan's, of course.....
I swear to Christ that the onset of this crap on the radio puts me in a bad mood.....with particular emphasis on that wánker Shaking Stevens...

niall78

The Frog Chorus.
Every single Cliff Richard excrucant.
It Will be Lonely This Christmas by Mud.
I wouldn't class the Frog Chorus as a song if I'm honest. It's like a recording of a kid messing with a cheap keyboard synthesiser in the early Eighties.

"Well tonight thank God it's them,
Instead of you."

Accidental sock

I wouldn't class the Frog Chorus as a song if I'm honest. It's like a recording of a kid messing with a cheap keyboard synthesiser in the early Eighties.
Bom....bom,bom.

Eye-eeh-eye.

It sold like the clappers and was a permanent feature on the radio and an earworm for a month of my life.

It is just as well for McCartney that our paths never crossed that December.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies