• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Tory Election Fraud -How much to be a majority?

eoghanacht

Tory "buy" election by spending more on their election campaign than permitted.

They've tried ignoring it, well the BBC have until Channel 4 covered it and now there's no escaping.

https://www.commonspace.scot/articles/3950/election-commission-meet-police-over-tory-election-fraud-evidence

Police investigating Tory Battle Bus expenses to meet with election watchdog over claims they broke the law - Mirror Online

Fear not though I expect nothing more than a slap on the wrist with an offering of a "head on a block", where some Tory toff will take one for the team by appearing on BBC TV all contrite and apologetic over this "oversight".

In no way is it fraud ;).

Here's Andrew Neal mauling the Tory party chairman responsible for the "spending oversight"

Watch: Andrew Neil skewers Grant Shapps over Tory election overspending | Coffee House

In fairness to the Brits who aren't Tories, they're against buying elections so unlike say, here, something may come of it.

Here we'd have a "independent inquiry" where we would arrive at the conclusion that no one was a fault and release the findings on the Friday afternoon on a bank holiday weekend

Mad as Fish

They've tried ignoring it, well the BBC have until Channel 4 covered it and now there's no escaping.

https://www.commonspace.scot/articles/3950/election-commission-meet-police-over-tory-election-fraud-evidence

Police investigating Tory Battle Bus expenses to meet with election watchdog over claims they broke the law - Mirror Online

Fear not though I expect nothing more than a slap on the wrist with an offering of a "head on a block", where some Tory toff will take one for the team by appearing on BBC TV all contrite and apologetic over this "oversight".

Here's Andrew Neal mauling the Tory party chairman responsible for the "spending oversight"

Watch: Andrew Neil skewers Grant Shapps over Tory election overspending | Coffee House

In fairness to the Brits who aren't Tories, they're against buying elections so unlike say, here, something may come of it.

Here we'd have a "independent inquiry" where we would arrive at the conclusion that no one was a fault and release the findings on the Friday afternoon on a bank holiday weekend
BBC and RTE, joined at the hip.

eoghanacht

BBC and RTE, joined at the hip.
Both propaganda mediums for the state, though one gets the feeling of Corbyn's Labour party the scandal would be dissected by the Beeb and Murdoch's Sky would have it as their main news.

EUrJokingMeRight

We had our own ballot box fiasco for Lisbon revote when ballot boxes resided unmonitored in the private residences of returning officers for 48 hours before the election.

Now returning officers are stand up characters but it was at least a very peculiar sequence of events leading up to the vote.

Cannot remember RTE covering any of that.

EUrJokingMeRight

Anyway electoral fraud in Ireland is the right thing to do if its for 'the greater good' one would think judging by the past behaviour of sitting governments and their proxy partners in 'opposition'.

Democracy is routinely ignored by FF/FG/LAB in this country so whatevs.

Hibee

Boys

The Tories won and as ever a better result for the irish economy .

Deal with it boys and seek its benefits .

Wahoooo

eoghanacht

Boys

The Tories won and as ever a better result for the irish economy .

Deal with it boys and seek its benefits .

Wahoooo

Retarded right winger thinks electoral fraud is acceptable once those doing the defrauding are of the same political hew.

Franzoni

Retarded right winger thinks electoral fraud is acceptable once those doing the defrauding are of the same political hew.

Not surprising really considering the amount of FF-FG supporters who think corruption once it has passed a certain time limit no matter how much is cost the citizens of this state financially or otherwise is also acceptable...

irishpatriot

its the same with all elections the one who spends the most wins the most its how capatalism works, rotten to the core.

loaf

Is it just me, or is Labour noticeably quiet on this issue? Possibly fearful that their own election accounts may not stand up to a robust analysis?

I'd like nothing more than the Tories to be fatally undermined by scandal, but I fear the cynical cliché - "They're all at it" - may actually have some merit on this occasion.

Clanrickard

The Tories won, get over it.

eoghanacht

The Tories won, get over it.
The Tories won by breaking the rules, but a con man like you probably has a admiration for the fraud committed.

eoghanacht

Is it just me, or is Labour noticeably quiet on this issue? Possibly fearful that their own election accounts may not stand up to a robust analysis?

I'd like nothing more than the Tories to be fatally undermined by scandal, but I fear the cynical cliché - "They're all at it" - may actually have some merit on this occasion.

It's just you.

eoghanacht

its the same with all elections the one who spends the most wins the most its how capatalism works, rotten to the core.
That's why limits are set and that's why several police services are investigating.

loaf

It's just you.
From Guido Fawkes' blog yesterday:

Labour should be shouting from the rafters about the Tory election fraud scandal, instead broadcasters report that they can’t get Labour MPs to comment on the issue. Alan Johnson, ambushed by Andrew Neil on This Week, said he knew nothing. The reason, Guido suspects, is that other parties were partial to the same spending trickery…
Look - I don't like Guido Fawkes, and I certainly don't like the Tory party, but it seems fairly obvious to me that Labour, unfortunately, just can't go to town on this issue. And for that reason, it aint going to bring no government down. More's the pity.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies