Tory who makes clear his hatred of unionists and Protestants

McSlaggart

Protestants, he writes, “looked as though they owned the place. And so they did”. “The main idea of religion in some unionist homes”, we are told, “was simply to tell the Bishop of Rome to piss off”. He writes of “the tawdry pageantry of Protestant dominance in Northern Ireland”. He compares Orange Order parades to dogs cocking “their legs against favourite lamp posts”.

Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/book-review-nothing-superior-about-patten-s-error-ridden-and-tedious-memoir-1-8298197

CastleRay

As the headline says, error ridden and tedious. Given the author that’s not unexpected. Not a book I’d be buying. But I see you like bits of the review that suit your sectarian narrative so you’ve posted them to highlight them. Well done you :roll:

hollandia

Some of what Patten writes about Northern Ireland could fit into Sinn Fein’s An Phoblacht with little alteration. It is not surprising to learn that he plagued Sir David Keir at Balliol by singing republican songs underneath his bedroom window. His hatred for unionism and Ulster Protestants is made clear.
What is it about unionism, that when faced with criticism, reaches for the Republican bogeyman? Pathetic.

Patten is a Republican? FFS.

vivabrigada

As the headline says, error ridden and tedious. Given the author that’s not unexpected. Not a book I’d be buying. But I see you like bits of the review that suit your sectarian narrative so you’ve posted them to highlight them. Well done you :roll:
Unionists "owned" the RUC and law and order. Patten disabused them of that arrogance.
Plus he gave Hong Kong back to it's righful owners.
I'm not surprised Tories don't like honest people.

between the bridges

What is it about unionism, that when faced with criticism, reaches for the Republican bogeyman? Pathetic.

Patten is a Republican? FFS.
Of course Republicans are much more resourceful in their use of bogeymen, Orangies, Brits and themuns...

Anywho it may help yer stereotyping to know that the bould CDC was at skool with Moi...

McSlaggart

Of course Republicans are much more resourceful in their use of bogeymen, Orangies, Brits and themuns....
Honestly I do not think most Republicans give a care about "Orangies" as you now tend to avoid any contact with them. Parades in Ballygawley are all about hanging about on the outside of the town and then a quick march up and down. Phew.. Even in old soft Omagh the Bands and OO do not put flags up the length of the main street. (It could be that they used them all up in Newton as its 3 flags to a pole.

CastleRay

Honestly I do not think most Republicans give a care about "Orangies" as you now tend to avoid any contact with them. Parades in Ballygawley are all about hanging about on the outside of the town and then a quick march up and down. Phew.. Even in old soft Omagh the Bands and OO do not put flags up the length of the main street. (It could be that they used them all up in Newton as its 3 flags to a pole.
Oh ffs. In a lengthy review you focused your input on Protestants and the Orange Order. :roll:

hollandia

Of course Republicans are much more resourceful in their use of bogeymen, Orangies, Brits and themuns...

Anywho it may help yer stereotyping to know that the bould CDC was at skool with Moi...
Certainly paints a picture alright...

Also *waves*

rainmaker

Administrator
Unionists "owned" the RUC and law and order. Patten disabused them of that arrogance.
Plus he gave Hong Kong back to it's righful owners.
I'm not surprised Tories don't like honest people.
Stupid and ill informed post regarding Hong Kong. It was never taken from anyone in the first place, it was a lease agreement and in accordance with international law, it was returned when the lease was up.

You also appear to imagine Patten took the decision or thought up the policy himself. He didn't - he simply enacted the policy of the UK government.

CastleRay

Stupid and ill informed post regarding Hong Kong. It was never taken from anyone in the first place, it was a lease agreement and in accordance with international law, it was returned when the lease was up.

You also appear to imagine Patten took the decision or thought up the policy himself. He didn't - he simply enacted the policy of the UK government.
Don’t be surprised. You’re talking to a guy that makes false allegations regularly, doesn’t know the difference between parody and authenticity, and peddles fake news.

between the bridges

Ere ladies aren't ye the wans never done telling us all Tories are thon crackpots...

vivabrigada

International b the International law Britain couldn't renege on the deal on Hong Kong as they wouldn't have be able to face down the People's Republic of China. Perfidious Albion was neutered.
The same thing is happening with the EU.

AhNowStop

Lmfao, and he hasn’t even read it :roll: ffs .. typical crackpot !!

Mickeymac

Typical little Englander response which was expected to come from one of you crackpots, the only reason the Brits abide with agreements and International Law is because the other side have bigger guns (thank Heavens for that)

Mickeymac

Don’t be surprised. You’re talking to a guy that makes false allegations regularly, doesn’t know the difference between parody and authenticity, and peddles fake news.

Put your scurrilous allegations to the test and post his false allegations/fake news etc etc........thank you.

mac tíre

So you, Arlene and CDC were schooled together.

InsideImDancing

Eh?

New Threads

Most Replies