• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Total flake on Myles Dungan now.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Amongst the list of new age crap that RTÉ is allowing itself to be a vehicle for, aluminium pots apparently cause heavy metal poisoning.

Dunno what she's called, but she's a flake.

A pity, because she was preceded by a very sensible person talking about Seedsavers.

RTÉ have a terrible habit of putting on this Mind, Body, Spirit sh1te.

SevenStars

Agree with you there.

An actually sensible poster here was praising the waffle of Eckardt Tolle (which I doubt is his real name). I am very concerned about the assult of Hindu and Tibetan nonsense on the west....It could have very serious consequences that oblivious too now.

griswold2004

It was Rosanne Stevens. She is on pretty much every Friday. That nonsense about heavy metals stood out to me too though. Apparantly eating two apples a day will remove the toxicity caused by your amalgam fillings????

eoghanacht

Agree with you there.

An actually sensible poster here was praising the waffle of Eckardt Tolle (which I doubt is his real name). I am very concerned about the assult of Hindu and Tibetan nonsense on the west....It could have very serious consequences that oblivious too now.
Christ SS your beginning to sound like one of those loons frothing at the mouth about immigration. What concerns you about the 'assault' of Hindu and Tibetan nonsense?

Remembering that all the worlds religions have a basis in that nonsense

eoghanacht

It was Rosanne Stevens. She is on pretty much every Friday. That nonsense about heavy metals stood out to me too though. Apparantly eating two apples a day will remove the toxicity caused by your amalgam fillings????
She's obviously a plant from that shadowy group- Apple Growers of Ireland (A.G.I)

Toland

Website
Christ SS your beginning to sound like one of those loons frothing at the mouth about immigration. What concerns you about the 'assault' of Hindu and Tibetan nonsense?

Remembering that all the worlds religions have a basis in that nonsense
Wouldn't speak for SevenStars, but what concerns me about the 'assault' of Hindu and Tibetan nonsense is that it's almost always exploitative nonsense with no basis in fact.

That Dungan is a vehicle for this crap is a particular pity, because he's one of the better broadcasters employed by RTÉ.

brughahaha

Wouldn't speak for SevenStars, but what concerns me about the 'assault' of Hindu and Tibetan nonsense is that it's almost always exploitative nonsense with no basis in fact.

That Dungan is a vehicle for this crap is a particular pity, because he's one of the better broadcasters employed by RTÉ.
Surely the very point of a national Public Service broadcaster is to give a platform to ALL voices in Ireland and not just the ones you agree with or those that are mainstream??

She has as much right to her opinions as you do (no matter how barking) .... and for those to be heard

And there always the off button if its too much for you........

brughahaha

typical

Amongst the list of new age crap that RTÉ is allowing itself to be a vehicle for, aluminium pots apparently cause heavy metal poisoning.
Would I be naive in thinking you have some sort of basis for thinking this is untrue, or do you just assume someone else is making sure aluminum is safe for us to consume in large quantities.

Reminds me of lead used in water pipes or asbestos in roof tiles. It seems logical that, if it's not naturally found in our bodies, we probably shouldn't put it in there. As far as I'm concerned, they can prove alu is safe.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
We only use stainless stell cookware. the aluminium is a suspected cause of alzheimers, and anyway the stainless steel stuff is quality. Heavy base. Distributes the heat evenly.

Toland

Website
Surely the very point of a national Public Service broadcaster is to give a platform to ALL voices in Ireland and not just the ones you agree with or those that are mainstream??
That's certainly Cathal Goan's view (I have a letter from him saying as much, almost as you have stated it).

While sounding inclusive and all that, this view is rubbish.

In current affairs broadcasting at least, a significant part of their duty (if not the central duty) is to provide the public with information and to make an effort to avoid passing on disinformation and misinformation.

The claim that using aluminium pots causes heavy metal poisoning (as there is copious research on the subject that proves it doesn't), for example, needs to be filed under the rubric of misinformation.

Toland

Website
We only use stainless stell cookware. the aluminium is a suspected cause of alzheimers, and anyway the stainless steel stuff is quality. Heavy base. Distributes the heat evenly.
The suspicions in relation to Alzheimer's Disease were lifted several years ago too. One thing is absolutely certain, though: there is no connection between aluminium pots and heavy metal poisoning.

RTÉ shouldn't be a vehicle for the opposite view.

Couldn't agree with you more on the practical advantages of stainless steel.

brughahaha

That's certainly Cathal Goan's view (I have a letter from him saying as much, almost as you have stated it).

While sounding inclusive and all that, this view is rubbish.

In current affairs broadcasting at least, a significant part of their duty (if not the central duty) is to provide the public with information and to make an effort to avoid passing on disinformation and misinformation.

The claim that using aluminium pots causes heavy metal poisoning (as there is copious research on the subject that proves it doesn't), for example, needs to be filed under the rubric of misinformation.

Well I can assure you Im not Cathal Goan (oh to have that salary!!!!!)

And I think that Myles Dungans show is more magazine style than current affairs
And even then I would disagree with you, If you listened to that show then you will have heard how RTE were castigated for interviewing David Norris. Now that appears ridiculous but was the mainstrem think at the time (including a high court judge) but challenging the mainstrream (especially in Ireland!!!) has turned us into a far more open tolerant society (believe me I left school in the early 80's)

If you only allow majority opinion then you will have a society that refuses to change.... in fact your thesis would have us still believing the world is flat as it was 'scientifically" proven and believed at the time so you would have believed in the supression of Copernicus's differing view

BTW I have no strong opinion on aluminium eitherway

constitutionus

Well done PatLeahy taking on Liam Doran and exposing him.
i certainly didnt know the take home pay of the average nurse was 67k !

you always here the 30k figure for newbies but never what overtime gives the established.

Mar Tweedy

Dunno what she's called, but she's a flake.

A pity, because she was preceded by a very sensible person talking about Seedsavers.

The title of the thread is unfair. Rosanne showed a bit about flakiness about aluminium pots and heavy metal poisoning but she is far from a total flake - her recipes are great. Think I might make that apple sponge caramel sauce cake later.

The woman from seedsavers earlier did the soul good - great to hear about all those people doing so much to keep our seeds safe.

spidermom

The title of the thread is unfair. Rosanne showed a bit about flakiness about aluminium pots and heavy metal poisoning but she is far from a total flake - her recipes are great. Think I might make that apple sponge caramel sauce cake later.

The woman from seedsavers earlier did the soul good - great to hear about all those people doing so much to keep our seeds safe.
Like Rosanne recipes too...but this crock about "de-toxic"-ing......Its called your Liver!!
No diet...drink....herbs...feet patches...can speed up detox your body!

spidermom

Well done PatLeahy taking on Liam Doran and exposing him.
I have a problem with the OECD stats on nurses...(as in they are wrong and the OECD do add a warning note to these stats.) but what reallty annoys me when I hear the stats quoted( % of Irish nurses to % of French nurses) is that the % of French Drs to Irish Drs is never quoted...!!..Go check them out!!

Popular Threads

Most Replies