• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Tourist numbers

Interista

The bigggest drop, if what I've read elsewhere is true, is in visitors from the UK. Hopefully the fall in sterling vs the Euro may help somewhat here, though obviously the British economy is still in bad shape and people may not be inclined to travel at all.

blokesbloke

Would like to visit Ireland, the weaker the euro gets against sterling the better for that though I remain concerned about high prices as mentioned on P.ie, and a tiny bit doubtful still about the welcome Brits get in Ireland?

Nemesiscorporation

Would like to visit Ireland, the weaker the euro gets against sterling the better for that though I remain concerned about high prices as mentioned on P.ie, and a tiny bit doubtful still about the welcome Brits get in Ireland?
Goto Dublin and Galway.

You will enjoy yourself :)

dizillusioned

Blokesbloke, believe me, you will have a great time. It has never been cheaper here. Hotels are dirt cheap and in the main good quality for a lot less than you pay in the UK.

As regards the welcome Brits get here, I can assure you it is no different from the welcome most people get in Ireland, indiffferent in Dublin but warm and welcoming everywhere else, HOWEVER, (before all the Dubs here lynch me) Dublin is great fun and a good night out is almost certain.

collina

hammer

If we could grow tourist numbers even more it could effect greatly consumer spend and vat / excise receipts.

Invite a foreign friend to Ireland in 2012.

collina

If we could grow tourist numbers even more it could effect greatly consumer spend and vat / excise receipts.
You've obviously played SimCity.

collina

hammer

Not if they buy it in the Kilkenny Store or Avoca Stores etc..........

Thank God for tourists :)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies