Toxic wild boars reportedly stalk Fukushima residents

Erudite Caveman

Fantastic headline on Fox News. And completely mental given the actual report.

I'm intrigued. Who do they stalk and what do they do when they stop stalking and get down to business?

Hundreds of boars carrying highly radioactive material are reportedly stalking residents hoping the Japanese town of Fukushima six years after the meltdown of the nuclear plant.
Carrying radioactive material? In their evil piggy hands, no doubt. The evil monsters.

“We need a strong hunting plan,” Hidekiyo Tachiya, the mayor of a nearby town called Soma. “I wish for the day to come when we can eat wild game again.”

Hunters have been reportedly hired and have so far killed about 800.

The report points out that boar meat is a delicacy in northern Japan, but the animals in the area are considered too toxic to eat.
So they you have it. The pigs, who, after being dosed with radiation from a human disaster are being wiped out by hunters, but they are the stalkers, and the problem, because the same hunters can't eat them.

WTF.

Toxic wild boars reportedly stalk Fukushima residents | Fox News

eoghanacht

This is a job for........Angry Birds.

ffc

I'm intrigued. Who do they stalk and what do they do when they stop stalking and get down to business?

Carrying radioactive material? In their evil piggy hands, no doubt. The evil monsters.

So they you have it. The pigs, who, after being dosed with radiation from a human disaster are being wiped out by hunters, but they are the stalkers, and the problem, because the same hunters can't eat them.

WTF.

The Chernobyl disaster has shown that human activity is far, far more damaging to the environment than a nuclear meltdown.

When the humans left, the ecology of the area thrived.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/oct/05/wildlife-thriving-around-chernobyl-nuclear-plant-despite-radiation

mr. jings

...crosses fingers...hopes for Takashi Miike to make a mutant boar movie...

between the bridges

Erudite Caveman

jcdf

Bull ************************.

wexfordman

WTF.

Anyone remember the story about pork crackling being discovered, something along the lines of the salmon if knnlwedge story here, except it was a Japanese pig herder who accidently burnt down the pig she'd and when he touched one if the dead logs he burnt his finger and pit it in his mouth....mmmm tasty

FunkyBoogaloo

In next week's news.... highly radioactive material alters boar dna and japanese pigs start flying. Hamakaze-style.

(Yes you did just read the word Hamazake and yes, I went there.)

Black Swan

I predict a 'Hogzilla' film on the horizon.

mr_anderson

Fukushima hasn't gone away, you know.

Barely a fifth of the way into their mission, the engineers monitoring the Scorpion’s progress conceded defeat. With a remote-controlled snip of its cable, the latest robot sent into the bowels of one of Fukushima Daiichi’s damaged reactors was cut loose, its progress stalled by lumps of fuel that overheated when the nuclear plant suffered a triple meltdown six years ago this week.

As the 60cm-long Toshiba robot, equipped with a pair of cameras and sensors to gauge radiation levels was left to its fate last month, the plant’s operator, Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco), attempted to play down the failure of yet another reconnaissance mission to determine the exact location and condition of the melted fuel.

Even though its mission had been aborted, the utility said, “valuable information was obtained which will help us determine the methods to eventually remove fuel debris”.

The Scorpion mishap, two hours into an exploration that was supposed to last 10 hours, underlined the scale and difficulty of decommissioning Fukushima Daiichi – an unprecedented undertaking one expert has described as “almost beyond comprehension”.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/09/fukushima-nuclear-cleanup-falters-six-years-after-tsunami

The boars could be getting wilder very soon.

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account

WTF.

When I saw the headline I thought that Merc had managed to clone himself, and then he and his clones had headed to Japan.

I read "boars" as "bores".

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account

WTF.

You quoted this:

"Hundreds of boars carrying highly radioactive material are reportedly stalking residents hoping the Japanese town of Fukushima six years after the meltdown of the nuclear plant."

What do they mean when they say that these residents are "hoping" the town?

danger here

WTF.

Are you sure they are not just Fianna Fail voters coming out of the woodwork?

Post-truth

All four of the buildings were structurally damaged by the original earthquake, fecking six years ago, and by the hydrogen explosions. They can't even get robots near it. Should there be a statistically certain subsequent earthquake, units 1, 2 and 3 all have stockpiles of poison which no amount of magical bs will disappear. I can't imagine a a worse way to boil water. They have the Olympics in 2020, happy days. 53,000 rems, good god almighty.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies