Trans Kids: It’s time to Talk.

Mercurial

Evidence other than your feelings?

It is arguable that one Michael Jackson may have been trying to identify as white...
There was also a case of some woman in the states tried to identify as black, not surprising
she was also an ideologue of the extreme liberal identity politics type.
Much of this thread has involved me making a case for the concept of gender identity, so the evidence for that is already posted on this thread. You haven’t made a case for an analogous “racial identity” determined by mental states, so as things stand what reason do we have think it exists?

cunnyfunt

Much of this thread has involved me making a case for the concept of gender identity, so the evidence for that is already posted on this thread. You haven’t made a case for an analogous “racial identity” determined by mental states, so as things stand what reason do we have think it exists?
That's no different to me filling a thread with concepts for racial transitioning and then subsequently referring to it as evidence. Mental states itself.....is a loose concept based in. ......nothing.
You're simply waffling now.

Mercurial

That's no different to me filling a thread with concepts for racial transitioning and then subsequently referring to it as evidence.
Correct. So if you feel like making an argument for it go right ahead.

Mercurial

I think one fool is enough.;)
I agree it would be foolish to think that racial identity is based on a person's mental states. So given that we both agree that isn't the case for race, and given that I've provided you with arguments to the effect that it is the case with gender, that answers your earlier question.

cunnyfunt

I agree it would be foolish to think that racial identity is based on a person's mental states. So given that we both agree that isn't the case for race, and given that I've provided you with arguments to the effect that it is the case with gender, that answers your earlier question.
If I only said that......

You keep mentioning mental state as if it is some sort of clinical jargon. Sounds like a white flag regarding trans women being mentally ill....

Mercurial

If I only said that......

You keep mentioning mental state as if it is some sort of clinical jargon. Sounds like a white flag regarding trans women being mentally ill....
A mental state is just a word that philosophers use to describe a person's beliefs, desires, and attitudes at some particular point in time.

cunnyfunt

A mental state is just a word that philosophers use to describe a person's beliefs, desires, and attitudes at some particular point in time.
Which can change on a day to day basis, so is pretty irrelevant.

Mercurial

Which can change on a day to day basis, so is pretty irrelevant.
What a weird thing to say. Whether you love your children is determined by your mental states, for instance, but it's hardly irrelevant to how you live your life.

cunnyfunt

What a weird thing to say. Whether you love your children is determined by your mental states, for instance, but it's hardly irrelevant to how you live your life.
Utter BS.

A doctor inquiring how a mothers mental state is would almost never be interpreted as to whether she loves her kids or not.

The picture is starting to become clear....................... mental state indeed!

Mercurial

Utter BS.

A doctor inquiring how a mothers mental state is would almost never be interpreted as to whether she loves her kids or not.

The picture is starting to become clear....................... mental state indeed!
Try actually reading what I wrote: "A mental state is just a [term] that philosophers use to describe a person's beliefs, desires, and attitudes at some particular point in time."

cunnyfunt

Try actually reading what I wrote:
"What a weird thing to say. Whether you love your children is determined by your mental states, for instance, but it's hardly irrelevant to how you live your life".

Mercurial

"What a weird thing to say. Whether you love your children is determined by your mental states, for instance, but it's hardly irrelevant to how you live your life".
Yeah now put those two things together:

1. "Mental states" refer to your beliefs, desires and attitudes.
2. "Mental states" determine whether you love your children, for example.

So:

3. "Whether you love your children is determined by your beliefs, desires, and attitudes." Hardly controversial, is it?

cunnyfunt

Yeah now put those two things together:

1. "Mental states" refer to your beliefs, desires and attitudes.
2. "Mental states" determine whether you love your children, for example.

So:

3. "Whether you love your children is determined by your beliefs, desires, and attitudes." Hardly controversial, is it?
Good, so we've concluded that men who want to be women, do so from an unstable mental state. So we're talking psychosis really. Which fits the narrative snugly indeed. Its a condition of the mind that results in difficulties determining what is real and what is not. Symptoms which can include false beliefs.

You had the minerals to belittle another poster for making light of trans issues earlier. Yet it is clear you yourself are not taking this condition seriously either!

Aeschylus

How can biological facts matter, if they are trumped by how an individual feels in given moment?

I don't subscribe to the narrative that subjective feelings matter more than objective fact.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies