Trans Kids: It’s time to Talk.

Macroom1

Trans lobby group Mermaids missbehaving again.

Britain's first transgender hate crime prosecution has been halted by a judge who declared: There is no case and never was a case.

Miranda Yardley, 51, was put through ten months of hell after being accused of harassing a transgender activist on Twitter.

But District Judge John Woollard dismissed the case after a one-day hearing, saying there was simply no evidence.

Campaigners called the decision a victory for free speech, while the accused claimed police were being used to enforce a political ideology

Britain's first transgender hate crime trial is halted after one day | Daily Mail Online
Initially, Ms Islan’s complaint was dealt with by West Yorkshire Police before being passed to colleagues in Essex, who decided it was a hate crime. ......
At one point during the hearing, Judge Woollard said: ‘Where is the evidence [of harassment] taking into account the need for free speech? You have to show a course of conduct and at the moment we have one tweet. ....

Essex Police said yesterday: ‘We take all reports of hate crime incidents seriously.’ Ms Islan said: ‘The decision to prosecute was made by the CPS [Crown Prosecution Service], not me personally and I accept the verdict of the court.’

Whatever you might say about the complainant, it seems to be the police and the Crown Prosecution Service who were mainly responsible for this idiotic waste of time!

A Voice

Most, if not all, transgender issues could be clarified very simply - by correct usage of the terms sex and gender, and by adopting a zero tolerance policy towards either careless, or deliberately dishonest, synonymous usage of the two terms. They are not interchangeable, they have very different meanings.
A lot of the time there's no choice. I was ordered to rename the category Sex on a questionnaire to Gender.

Sailor

A lot of the time there's no choice. I was ordered to rename the category Sex on a questionnaire to Gender.
The ultimate objective is to have the term sex become redundant, with only gender considered to be relevant. In other words, another victory for aspiration over reality, for the subjective over the objective, and a rejection and denial of science.

benroe

The ultimate objective is to have the term sex become redundant, with only gender considered to be relevant. In other words, another victory for aspiration over reality, for the subjective over the objective, and a rejection and denial of science.
Exactly, this is where post modernism intersects with progressivism, the destruction of grand narratives and obvious distinctions, its like being told that because there are times during the day that its not particularly bright and times during the night that its not particularly dark, that there is no difference between day and night.