• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Trans Watch

Beachcomber

This move by 2 lawmakers in the US state of South Dakota makes a lot of sense to me. The intention is to make school students play sports based on their sex, and not on their gender identity.

I'm sure that this will be howled down by the pro-trans so-called progressives, but it follows on from a number of instances where "trans women" (ie men by sex but they identity as women by gender) have been shown to dominate women's sports due to the physical attributes that their sex has provided them with.

What do p.ie people think of this move?

SD lawmakers to ponder school transgender policy for sports

"Two South Dakota lawmakers want to void the State High School Activities Association transgender policy for participating in sports.

Senate Bill 49 would make students participate in sex-segregated sports based only on the sexual identity on that student’s birth certificate.

The current SDHSAA transgender policy states that “All students should have the opportunity to participate in SDHSAA activities in a manner that is consistent with their gender identity, irrespective of the gender listed on a student’s records.” "

Strawberry

I agree with them. Having a biological male participate in sports with women places female athletes in physical danger in any contact sport, and its downright unfair in every sport. I don't know why the trivial issue of what bathroom people use has caused so much comment and this, much more important issue, so little.

RelentlessApathy!

"[h=2]Trans Watch[/h]"

Freudian analysis would have a field day with this one, I suggest you branch out, experiment, try new things and discover yourself.

Beachcomber

I agree with them. Having a biological male participate in sports with women places female athletes in physical danger in any contact sport, and its downright unfair in every sport. I don't know why the trivial issue of what bathroom people use has caused so much comment and this, much more important issue, so little.
True enough.

I think it's simply the latest thing that the extreme pro-trans lobby are focusing on.

Once one issue becomes more or less settled, they move on to another supposed issue that they claim needs to be resolved.

Beachcomber

"[h=2]Trans Watch[/h]"

Freudian analysis would have a field day with this one, I suggest you branch out, experiment, try new things and discover yourself.

I've done all of that.

Are you suggesting that I should try being trans?

Dame_Enda

While I have no problem with trans people, I have concerns that allowing a transwoman to compete against biological-females would give the transwoman an unfair advantage due to the greater physical strength of people born in a male body.

RelentlessApathy!

I've done all of that.

Are you suggesting that I should try being trans?
Start gently at first, perhaps a rebel song or two before you start looking to dress up and take part in the Patrick's day parade. You'll know what's best for yourself. Don't just run out and join Sinn Feín straight off the bat.

Beachcomber

While I have no problem with trans people, I have concerns that allowing a transwoman to compete against biological-females would give the transwoman an unfair advantage due to the greater physical strength of people born in a male body.
Seems so obvious, doesn't it Dame?

The so-called progressives don't agree however - say that in public and you'll be called a transphobe.

Another aspect is transmen competing against males in sports like American football and rugby. Most biological females will take a beating if they are up against biological males.

Fr. Ted Crilly

Start gently at first, perhaps a rebel song or two before you start looking to dress up and take part in the Patrick's day parade. You'll know what's best for yourself. Don't just run out and join Sinn Feín straight off the bat.
You should probably get some help for that obsession thingy....
Can't be good for ya.

Lagertha

I agree. It's unfair to a woman to have to compete in a sport against a man who considers himself to be a woman. Men are generally more physically strong than women. There's also the issue of drugs, drug testing is mandatory in competitive professional sports, even taking something like an over the counter medication that is on the banned list can result in an athlete being disqualified or banned so how can they justify an athlete who is taking hormone treatments being allowed an exemption? This nonsense is out of control. I read a story last week about a woman who gave birth to a child then underwent a sex change who has allowed their 4 year old child to change their gender and name by deed pole because they identify as being a girl not a boy. Monkey see monkey do.

madmullah

forget about sex and gender. Everyone plays everything, no segregation, . After age 30 remove testicles and ovaries and then lets all be drones or whatever we want to be..

Erudite Caveman

Makes sense. The reason for separating women from men in the vast majority of sports has nothing to do with willy or titty, and all to do with musculoskeletal differences.

Beachcomber

Makes sense. The reason for separating women from men in the vast majority of sports has nothing to do with willy or titty, and all to do with musculoskeletal differences.
Exactly.

A trans operation can't eliminate those differences.

mangaire2

IMO it's only a matter of time before 2nd rate male sportsmen will declare themselves as female,
in order to compete in women's sports such as tennis, golf ……...,
where they will have a good chance of dominating,
& thereby earning a lot of money.

that should put the cat among the pigeons.

Beachcomber

forget about sex and gender. Everyone plays everything, no segregation, . After age 30 remove testicles and ovaries and then lets all be drones or whatever we want to be..

I can't see feminists agreeing to that.

Once men dominated all sports feminists would be complaining about the lack of women at the top level in every sport.

They'd want quotas to ensure that equal numbers of women and men made it to the top levels. It would be the same old same old - equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity.

Beachcomber

IMO it's only a matter of time before 2nd rate male sportsmen will declare themselves as female,
in order to compete in women's sports such as tennis, golf ……...,
where they will have a good chance of dominating,
& thereby earning a lot of money.

that should put the cat among the pigeons.

That would be fun to see.

Beachcomber

More trans fun.

A paedophile (who supposedly transitioned from male to female after he committed his crimes) has been locked back up again in Canada, once the public and politicians found out that "she" had been released from full detention into a FEMALE halfway house.

The local mayor (Patrick Brown of Brampton, Ontario) reflected the outrage of his constituents by asking that the paedophile be returned to full custody as he presents an ongoing risk of re-offending.

It took a few days but Corrections Canada eventually relented and locked the paedophile up again.

This seems to be once again a case of a sex criminal using the system to their benefit. The paedophile had been found guilty of sexual assault of girls under 8 three times and claims to have assaulted 60 girls in total. The perp (Matthew Harks) then began to claim trans status, resulting in a name change to Madilyn Harks, but not much else in terms of transition.

Surely it's time to get tougher with people who claim trans status just to have an easier time in prison.

WARMINGTON: ‘Monster’ pedophile back behind bars

"While insisting on being called a woman, several sources say Harks has refused estrogen enhancement treatments."

talkingshop

More trans fun.

A paedophile (who supposedly transitioned from male to female after he committed his crimes) has been locked back up again in Canada, once the public and politicians found out that "she" had been released from full detention into a FEMALE halfway house.

The local mayor (Patrick Brown of Brampton, Ontario) reflected the outrage of his constituents by asking that the paedophile be returned to full custody as he presents an ongoing risk of re-offending.

It took a few days but Corrections Canada eventually relented and locked the paedophile up again.

This seems to be once again a case of a sex criminal using the system to their benefit. The paedophile had been found guilty of sexual assault of girls under 8 three times and claims to have assaulted 60 girls in total. The perp (Matthew Harks) then began to claim trans status, resulting in a name change to Madilyn Harks, but not much else in terms of transition.

Surely it's time to get tougher with people who claim trans status just to have an easier time in prison.

WARMINGTON: ‘Monster’ pedophile back behind bars

"While insisting on being called a woman, several sources say Harks has refused estrogen enhancement treatments."
Males shouldn't be put in female prisons, full stop.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies