Transport strikes bring Ireland to a halt

silverharp

on the plus side our school run was better today as we have to cross the dart barriers at Sydney Parade, them being in the up position was bliss.

gleeful

on the plus side our school run was better today as we have to cross the dart barriers at Sydney Parade, them being in the up position was bliss.
Traffic my side of the city is mental, half the teachers didn't make it in for assembly.

ruserious

To do this unannounced and seriously affecting commuters going to work including doctors and nurses, firemen, etc etc is serious scumbaggery.

gleeful

To do this unannounced and seriously affecting commuters going to work including doctors and nurses, firemen, etc etc is serious scumbaggery.
My understanding is this kind of behaviour is actually illegal. Is that right?

asset test

I thought secondary picketing was illegal.

Glad I'm not there. Greetings from hot and sunny Andalucia. Sorry.

ruserious

My understanding is this kind of behaviour is actually illegal. Is that right?
As far as I know, ya.

They've also just lost any sympathy the public may have had.

gerhard dengler

LUAS carriages appeared to be even more packed with commuters than usual, this morning.

I saw very few Dublin buses running this morning.

Henry94.

There is a certain sense of relief outside Dublin that this damaging dispute may now attract the interest of the Minister for Transport. We are in our second week without buses.

gleeful

There is a certain sense of relief outside Dublin that this damaging dispute may now attract the interest of the Minister for Transport. We are in our second week without buses.
Previous strikes in Dublin - remember the Luas and Dublin Bus both went on strike already - got zero attention from the Minister. Don't hold your breath.

Roll_On

The best thing to do is nothing, BÉ will collapse and the government will tender the routes to competing companies using the existing BÉ fleet, this will involve a period of major disruption but will be better in the long run. The bus service will probably be provided by several different operators on a regional basis which would benefit some for example Cork City and Commuter services. The train drivers will just go back to work and a lesson will be learned, i.e. the NBRU does not rule this state. This would facilitate smoother expansion of leap cards into the provinces

In the meantime buckle down, keep calm and do your best to get around using alternative means.

Levellers

Full support to the workers of Bus Eireann who should do whatever it takes to win this fight.

Shame on Dermot O'Leary.

Trainwreck

Full support to the workers of Bus Eireann who should do whatever it takes to win this fight.

Shame on Dermot O'Leary.
So you support "whatever it takes" to get your own way? Is that correct? Everyone has that right to do "whatever it takes" to get what they want.

im axeled

b.e. has played the last card it had, bringing in dublin bus and dart, will the the workerss in i.e. join, if they do the the courts will be sitting over the weekend, after today the workers can wait until sunday night before starting to worry again, by then i expect court injunctions to be as plentifull as confetti at weddings

leroy42

Shame on Dermot O'Leary.
What does this even mean? You support their full demands? You support whatever action they take?

And what does winning the fight even mean? It is reported that CIE needs additional monies, are you prepared to pay additional taxes to cover this?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies