Travelers unlawfully camp at Galway's prime amenity

Watcher2

The sooner manners are put on these people the better for all of us. The guards need to stop fvcking around and applying the law equally to them.

Sister Mercedes

Lol read it and weep our wonderful PS. Gardai say they don't have equipment to tow the caravans and the Judges are all on their holidays until next month.

Clanrickard

McSlaggart

It appears Travellers are thumbing their noses to the local authority and gardai in Galway.
Caravan loads have set up camp at Salthill's Prom and are making life difficult for local businesses and calls to 'move them on' haven't yielded results.

Anger as Traveller caravans pitch up on roadside in Salthill
http://http://connachttribune.ie/anger-traveller-caravans-pitch-roadside-salthill-066/
All you need to do is give the caravans a letter telling them that the next day your going to dump lots of gravel in that area. If they do not move before the gravel arrives then box them in.

Clanrickard

All you need to do is give the caravans a letter telling them that the next day your going to dump lots of gravel in that area. If they do not move before the gravel arrives then box them in.
Not gravel............slurry. Works every time.

SeanieFitz

About 6/7 years ago a prominent Galway businessman had an undeveloped site in an industrial park in Galway which was taken over by travellers during the summer. I know someone who also had a business at that park and he used to update me on the carry on, usual bravado by the traveller men, whenever someone approached them about leaving there would be much shouting, waving of arms and gesticulating. You get the gist, "f4ck off" basically
Anyhoo they were only there for a few days when large dumper trucks arrived and dumped huge boulders at all the entrances/exits from the site...........the lads couldn't move..........all vans/caravans trapped. Much hilarity ensued
After a few hours the boulders were moved and the lads left, it is strongly rumoured the travellers paid the owner to move the boulders. The didn't come back, no matter how "tasty and tempting" the site was

Last edited:

blokesbloke

Strangely I am sure I read years ago an article in the British press which suggested more Irish travellers were coming to the UK because our laws on trespass were much weaker.

So either the article was inaccurate, the situation in the UK is even worse, or the Irish authorities used to enforce stronger laws but are not choosing no longer to do so.

GDPR

It's their culture don't you know boss.
Now just imagine if Herr Rommel here had written that about Jews or "Transexuals" or some other group feted by the running dogs of the Liberal establishment here. He would be looking at a permaban.

Watcher2

About 6/7 years ago a prominent Galway businessman had an undeveloped site in an industrial park in Galway which was taken over by travellers during the summer. I know someone who also had a business at that park and he used to update me on the carry on, usual bravado by the traveller men, whenever someone approached them about leaving there would be much shouting, waving of arms and gesticulating. You get the gist, "f4ck off" basically
Anyhoo they were only there for a few days when large dumper trucks arrived and dumped huge boulders at all the entrances/exits from the site...........the lads couldn't move..........all vans/caravans trapped. Much hilarity ensued
After a few hours the boulders were moved and the lads left, it is strongly rumoured the travellers paid the owner to move the boulders. The didn't come back, no matter how "tasty and tempting" the site was
aaahahahahahaha, brilliant. The travelers paid. Fantastic.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies